Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

You don't know what April 1st is? April Fools Day!  Just saying it might look like a new app but still be alpha v3 latest and not even beta just to fool us into thinking it was the beta release.

That would be cruel ?

On Fri Mar 16 2018 at 9:19 PM, andrewilley said:

Max has said that high-res compatibility with more recent devices (include Oreo updates) will be included in this upcoming beta release.

Andre

appreciated!

Upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S8+ to Oreo and the Poweramp Alpha works great other than hi-res, as expected. Will continue to test through the day and report any issues. I am noticing some subtle difference in audio quality - not sure how to describe it. Does Oreo have a new audio stack beyond more Bluetooth codec choices? I am using high end Seinheiser wired headphones.

The UI in the Beta looks great and I look forward to participating in the trial. I have 20 different music player apps installed and this looks like it could be the best Material Design implementation (just in time for Android P to change Android's design language :))

On 17-3-2018 at 1:24 AM, NewBuildWhen said:

@maxmp Thank you so much for the update, I have a question, any plan to give smartwatches the ability to see the whole playlist? for example I'm using a Gear S3 Frontier, can't see the full list, only play/pause, previous track/next track.

Thanks!

Don't expect him to make this, there are like 3 different operating systems for smartwatches excluding Apple, not much people have a smartwatch and it would take a lot more effort than you'd think.

Maybe if he buys himself a Tizen based smartwatch, otherwise you're probably out of luck.

I'm pretty sure that there will not be anything in April. And in May, and in June, and in July. Most likely Max will again wait for OTA, then suddenly suddenly it will be necessary to correct errors on your favorite Samsung and so on. This will continue indefinitely. Andre asked, why am I still here, if I do not believe it? I'm just crazy wondering if Max will keep the word :) 

A reasonable question arises - if there is a ready-made, or almost ready-made version, then why not run it into access?

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:04 PM, maxmp said:

Right, huge overdue, but that's due to the only one person working on the project (me) and the long list of things to finish, which sometimes becomes longer due to the additional polishing needed. Nevertheless, the only blocking issue is finalizing all the ui missing parts, like various list context menu actions, finishing converting the ui to a new animation framework I have now.

All the (application/data/audio) logic is there, it was there in Alpha, so it's the UI that takes so much time. Successfully, the animation framework I mentioned above is fully functional, works very well, and it provides functionality not seen on Android (though, existing forever on iOS).

It's a joke, Android had like 5 various animation frameworks over the Poweramp development cycle, and none of them are good enough (View animation, ObjectAnimator, Scene animation, Activity Shared Transitions, Support Dynamic Animation).

I plan to release closed-beta (fully functional, limiting some stuff like tablet support and skins) this April.

Sharing some of the development build screenshot/screencap here:

Thank you Max. So glad to hear that you are readying beta testing. I'm sure the wait will be worth it. The interface looks nice and snazzy - good refresh - can't wait to test it and start working on darker themes - there's a little too much white for my liking - LOL!

1 hour ago, Jbchingon said:

Just updated my galaxy s8+ from Verizon to the Oreo OS and Poweramp not only stopped working (does not even open) but it freezes my phone every time I try to play it!! HOW TO FIX IT?.... WHAT SHOULD I DO? 

Try to delete all Poweramp data, reinstall the app if you didn't do it already, if after that is not working you have to wait for the beta release next month, and do not restore backup settings when you reinstall the app

11 hours ago, ionutzpaul61 said:

Try to delete all Poweramp data, reinstall the app if you didn't do it already, if after that is not working you have to wait for the beta release next month, and do not restore backup settings when you  the app

Thank you..... OK I've tried it and still the same issue... I guess there's not a real fix til the new version comes out... 

I had to revert to build 585 to get it to finally open, that sucks.... 

Update: I updated to the newer build after installing the 585 build and it works now, except the hi res audio still not there ?

Max, I appreciate the hard work and dedication u have put into this app. I look forward to the new build next month! 

Archived