Poweramp
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

I think that more people should be allowed to test, so that the problem will be found faster

6 minutes ago, Niles said:

I think that more people should be allowed to test, so that the problem will be found faster

Yes will be found faster, but for the dev is not that easy to receive bug reports from thousands of people, is easier to work with less people, like 100- 200 persons.

40 minutes ago, ionutzpaul61 said:

Yes will be found faster, but for the dev is not that easy to receive bug reports from thousands of people, is easier to work with less people, like 100- 200 persons.

Really like when I read wise and knowledgeable posts like this one; rest of you should learn to think on behalf of the developer, step into his shoes and walk around a bit to anticipate his difficulties.

14 hours ago, Clock said:

First time posting, last time lurking.

Max, you have done one heck of a job at changing the UI. For a developer to work by himself (making changes alongside the changing platform), it's hard to continue forward.

Poweramp's appearance reminds me of Android P's design; it's not my favorite, but I think the new features will blend well with the aesthetic. I only ask for a dark setting to be added in, however :D.

As long as there's evidence of progress, I'm happy with the app's status at this point. I know a lot of people have waited since the very beginning, but with this new beta, hopefully they may reconsider using Poweramp again.

-Clock

Skins are going to be added after the fact, so there's no need to worry about the stock theme being white, looking forward to the beta

Really appreciate all the hard work, Max!  I'm looking forward to the beta and hoping that the 'cut silence' option is available again.

Forget Poweramp. I'm glad to know @maxmp is not dead. He lives, breathes and capable of typing a post. ;)

Closed beta = not you. It'll be for a couple of people no one knows and maybe andrewilley (doubtful). They'll swear they have it and claim it works. We'll get reports about more issues need resolving. Maybe a public release cometh April... 2019.

In regards to the album art screen shot, looks like debug material there. I'm sure some or all the badges can be toggled off.

Many people have been waiting for an update for two years, then a closed beta is expected to be distributed to people who have always said yes and amen, regardless of the fact that it is difficult after a year of silence to take this seriously. Let us surprise. 

5 hours ago, kamiller42 said:

Forget Poweramp. I'm glad to know @maxmp is not dead. He lives, breathes and capable of typing a post. ;)

Closed beta = not you. It'll be for a couple of people no one knows and maybe andrewilley (doubtful). They'll swear they have it and claim it works. We'll get reports about more issues need resolving. Maybe a public release cometh April... 2019.

In regards to the album art screen shot, looks like debug material there. I'm sure some or all the badges can be toggled off.

I think it will always be possible to sideload the apk. Heck ill be even happy to use the beta, giving reviews would be the bonus perk?

I can't wait to get the beta.  It's a crazy long wait.  By the time the final version comes out material design will be obsolete and some other new design will in style.  Either way Poweramp is much nicer then Neutron Music Player.  that UI is awful, clunky, and ugly.

I would hope that beta availability will be reasonably large, it would make no sense to limit it to just a couple of people as the whole point would be to find out any esoteric issues that only show up in wider general use. It won't be released via the Google Play beta route yet though. 

Andre

Well, seeing almost all Oreo devices have lost Hi-Res support on the alpha, I just hope that it's not just a user interface update.

Max saying all the underlying is still the same does not fill me with hope so I will probably stick with Neutron untill hi-res support is there again for SD835 chipsets on Oreo.

There are so many hi res alternatlves out there, it just seems like almost a loosing battle if that part hasn't been fixed.

2 hours ago, p50kombi said:

Well, seeing almost all Oreo devices have lost Hi-Res support on the alpha, I just hope that it's not just a user interface update.

Max has said that high-res compatibility with more recent devices (include Oreo updates) will be included in this upcoming beta release.

Andre

4 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Max has said that high-res compatibility with more recent devices (include Oreo updates) will be included in this upcoming beta release.

Andre

Well, at least that is some good news..

We'll have to wait and see, we have had eta's in the past :)

Wow after a long time reading these, I'm glad that Poweramp still progressing and Max replied here :D hope we can try beta testing soon and hope Max PA3 Frameworks can make his development faster.

On 3/14/2018 at 2:23 AM, Sanket103 said:

Wow..Finaly .. Finally Max replied..cant wait for d beta.Like he. Mentioned April..year not mentioned though;)

He has clearly mentioned "this April". Let's hope this time he won't disappoint us.... 

On 3/14/2018 at 3:47 AM, PeterFalk said:

I do not need a jumping-jumping interface, I need a sound. I can not even imagine why such an interface is needed?

Dude ....I completely agree with you.. But then the UI seems to be really cool..  The animations particularly... It's really gonna make you feel good while using the app.... Definitely looks premium.... Max has done a really great job... 

I'd love to participate in beta testing. I'm very excited for the return of Poweramp to the throne. Thanks Max for keeping us in the loop.

Personally I think a snazzy modern interface will draw a lot more users looking around in Google Play into using the app. It makes it look appealing.

However as a long-term user I've realised that the functionality of the interface, and having all the controls immediately available where I want them and when I want them (ideally without falling back on ambiguous gesture-based controls) is much more important, to me at least. And of course most people will listen to PA 99% of the time with the screen off anyway.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

Oh boy it smells like another year of anticipation ))

It seems to me that this is done so that sales in the market do not fall, another empty promise. If this is a working version, why would not Max upload it to the public? I'm 100% sure that there will be new excuses in April, then Max will say that we need to wait for a new version of Android, then again optimization and so on without end on the Möbius loop. I do not believe a single word, since Max completely discredited himself.