Poweramp
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

RIP ...Evn google believes in releasing unfinished products for small group of ppl so dat thy hav a better rom at d tym of release for the masses..God knows if this new Poweramp updage is ever goin to see the light..

I wasn't going to comment because I've been hopeful. But this has turned out to be like so many apps I've purchased. The name is abandonware.

On 4/25/2017 at 1:04 PM, maxmp said:

Sorry for the delay)

I think I'm quite good at programming, but unfortunately, I'm bad on managing other developers, so basically I do everything by myself.

That of course is not speeding things up.

Also, I try to polish each feature until it works 100%. It's not possible to predict how long exactly that or this feature will take time to complete.
Especially on Android, when you may need to write whole functionality from scratch as platform-provided one is buggy, is not reliable, or plain doesn't work on some devices/ROMs.

Currently, planned v3 beta release month is set to May. This will be full featured v3 (it's basically alpha3 + new UI + fixes for recent ROMs, but not more).

Thanks!

On 5/23/2017 at 2:06 PM, maxmp said:

Two news.
The bad one: an additional round of device specific optimizing and polishing is required for Poweramp v3.0, this delays release. As indicated before, v3 will run on Androids 5.0+ (O included). Poweramp v2 stays for 2.3-4.4.
Good one: everything works and I'm on finishing steps. Just stuff like Samsung Mali driver bug in phones up to S8+ causing inability to render some simple stuff in 60fps need to be taken care of (if interested, some Samsung Mali based devices - the ones with Exynos - have an issue in OpenGL HWUI renderer - they lag at render like 40 nine-patch images probably due to HWUI caching issues on those devices).

Keep tuned.

I don't care how much time you take to release next update but it has to be fully working without any glitches, flaws and it should be incredible, extraordinary and there will be no comparison to it and its features. Thank you.

On 08/03/2018 at 1:24 PM, PeterFalk said:

So, the first preliminary release of Android P for developers was released. Work on the player entered a new round of development)))

Rip

Max, why are you not fixing the notification problem on Android 8.1? Why do we have to install a 3rd party .apk to solve a problem with your app? Why are you still working on a future version of the app if the current one is not working properly? That's a total lack of respect for all those who paid for the app, don't you think?

On 3/7/2018 at 3:01 AM, Ameya28 said:

Invest in a better headphone then..if you don't have one.  i appreciate the idea of unfiltered audio, but with a crappy  or subpar headset you would not be able to experience quality unless you crank up the EQ or effects

Some people rather buy $5 headphones or earphones instead, and call that good enough. You can even tell a difference between $5 ones and $15 ones. I won't even bother with under $20 ones.

https://developer.android.com/preview/download.html 

When all the predictions about the next Android being released and Max still hasn't even said a word about releasing V3 makes you lose all hope completely. All those people that have always said "wait patiently" when it has been 2 years+ with multiple failed release dates makes all this disappointing, I was expecting to get this last May because that was the release date put on in the beginning of last year, there really is no point to even waiting anymore, no communication, no engagement with the community, Max keeps trying to add new functionality to new versions of Android and the cycle will really never end, this app will be abandoned sooner or later, if not by Max then by the community

16 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

https://developer.android.com/preview/download.html 

When all the predictions about the next Android being released and Max still hasn't even said a word about releasing V3 makes you lose all hope completely. All those people that have always said "wait patiently" when it has been 2 years+ with multiple failed release dates makes all this disappointing, I was expecting to get this last May because that was the release date put on in the beginning of last year, there really is no point to even waiting anymore, no communication, no engagement with the community, Max keeps trying to add new functionality to new versions of Android and the cycle will really never end, this app will be abandoned sooner or later, if not by Max then by the community

Totally agree....

It is also possible that someone else brings a better app before the release happens.

29 minutes ago, thakki said:

Totally agree....

It is also possible that someone else brings a better app before the release happens.

where is all the skilled android devs at that can make a comparable music app?  99% of the apps in the store are all crap or copies of each other using the stupid android eq.  Surely there's more skilled devs that can make some real decent music apps.  The camera apps aren't much better.   most of them are rip off copies of Open Camera or no better or even worse then stock cameras.  or girly filter cameras.

Only if there was a way to make use of the Poweramp audio engine with a different music player.

Well Designed Music Players = Bad Audio Quality

Good Audio Quality Music Players = Bad Application Design (Ugly and Outdated)

12 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

Some people rather buy $5 headphones or earphones instead, and call that good enough. You can even tell a difference between $5 ones and $15 ones. I won't even bother with under $20 ones.

True that . Get one which suits your listening style is what i was saying.. the guy wants unfiltered audio. So he will be better of with a Sennheiser or Bose rather than a Skullcandy or Beats or SOL 

I think I will return to the refined V2. On my huawei v3 it causes a lot of problems. It does not work very steadily

3 hours ago, Prekratic said:

Is this pictures are legit? I found it on Google Plus. This is Poweramp v3 unreleased. 

Yes, those are sample photos of the new interface that Max has been working on. They were posted here in this thread a few months ago.

Andre