Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

37 minutes ago, PeterFalk said:

I do not need a jumping-jumping interface, I need a sound. I can not even imagine why such an interface is needed?

I mean, does it sound bad atm? And if you really need "the sound" you could buy yourself a mini-dac or something. No alternatives with the software, my man (as long as you don't want to revert to android 6)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Right, huge overdue, but that's due to the only one person working on the project (me) and the long list of things to finish, which sometimes becomes longer due to the additional polishing needed. Nevertheless, the only blocking issue is finalizing all the ui missing parts, like various list context menu actions, finishing converting the ui to a new animation framework I have now.

All the (application/data/audio) logic is there, it was there in Alpha, so it's the UI that takes so much time. Successfully, the animation framework I mentioned above is fully functional, works very well, and it provides functionality not seen on Android (though, existing forever on iOS).

It's a joke, Android had like 5 various animation frameworks over the Poweramp development cycle, and none of them are good enough (View animation, ObjectAnimator, Scene animation, Activity Shared Transitions, Support Dynamic Animation).

I plan to release closed-beta (fully functional, limiting some stuff like tablet support and skins) this April.

Sharing some of the development build screenshot/screencap here:

main1.jpg

main-item-menu.jpg

playing-vis.jpg

main-shuffle-menu.jpg

library.jpg

grid1.jpg

vol.jpg

reverb.jpg

selection.jpg

bottomsheet.jpg

Looks dope to me especially the visualisations ?

1 hour ago, PeterFalk said:

Se ve horrible, no, simplemente horrible. ¡Y esto aserró durante dos años! ??? ¿Por qué es esto necesario? Amigo, necesitamos un sonido, no estas cosas

Qué fácil es criticar! Será que tu lo hubieras hecho mejor? 

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

Right, huge overdue, but that's due to the only one person working on the project (me) and the long list of things to finish, which sometimes becomes longer due to the additional polishing needed. Nevertheless, the only blocking issue is finalizing all the ui missing parts, like various list context menu actions, finishing converting the ui to a new animation framework I have now.

All the (application/data/audio) logic is there, it was there in Alpha, so it's the UI that takes so much time. Successfully, the animation framework I mentioned above is fully functional, works very well, and it provides functionality not seen on Android (though, existing forever on iOS).

It's a joke, Android had like 5 various animation frameworks over the Poweramp development cycle, and none of them are good enough (View animation, ObjectAnimator, Scene animation, Activity Shared Transitions, Support Dynamic Animation).

I plan to release closed-beta (fully functional, limiting some stuff like tablet support and skins) this April.

OH MY GOD.  I've waited silently for so long but after watching that video... I have to admit, the UI style is a bit eh for me, but the ANIMATIONS, UGH I came so hard.  I cannot WAIT to have this on my phone.  Thank you for so much hard work!!!!!!!!!  I love Poweramp and I promised myself I'd never give up on it, and for good reason indeed!  I knew you'd come back.

Just one thing.

Please don't do that again!!!

@andrewilley Please update the sticky post with the new information!

Ooooh it's pretty ... but ... fool me once, shame on you ... fool me twice, thee times, keep on fooling me ... well you ya know the rest! I'd love to be a part of the closed beta, but I'd also love to win the PowerBall jackpot. I think there's a better chance of the latter!

Many thanks for the update Max, at least it gives the vapourware and abandonware folks something to think about. I'll update the first post and the Announcement sticky in the morning (it's kinda late here now).

On a personal level, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the amount of clutter covering up the cover art though, either in the player screen or the Library views - such as text and control icons in solid boxes obscuring 50% of the artwork. After the first alpha was released you did say that hiding all the stuff in those panels was a feature that would be returning before the final release of v3? Hopefully that will be an option anyway, akin to the prior List Options and Hide Panels features. Also not sure from the video where things like the timeline bar and playback controls are in the control area (Fwd, Rev, Next/Prev List, etc)? I was hoping for more clearly segregated controls and textual information in a neatly defined area, away from a nice clean display of the cover art, but again perhaps those are optionally visible? Anyway, that's just first impression from a short demo graphic so there may be lots of stuff not finished yet. 

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Many thanks for the update Max, at least it gives the vapourware and abandonware folks something to think about. I'll update the first post and the Announcement sticky in the morning (it's kinda late here now).

On a personal level, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the amount of clutter covering up the cover art though, either in the player screen or the Library views - such as text and control icons in solid boxes obscuring 50% of the artwork. After the first alpha was released you did say that hiding all the stuff in those panels was a feature that would be returning before the final release of v3? Hopefully that will be an option anyway, akin to the prior List Options and Hide Panels features. Also not sure from the video where things like the timeline bar and playback controls are in the control area (Fwd, Rev, Next/Prev List, etc)? I was hoping for more clearly segregated controls and textual information in a neatly defined area, away from a nice clean display of the cover art, but again perhaps those are optionally visible? Anyway, that's just first impression from a short demo graphic so there may be lots of stuff not finished yet. 

Andre

Maybe there's an option to pick from the scroll bar that's showed and the way the buttons and playbar are set up now, maybe skins can change things too, still looking forward to it, glad to see an update from Max personally though, let's look forward to hearing more good news in the future

Two years of waiting and closed beta in April !? Maxim, that's too much. You still have not answered the question - what with support for hi-res sound output? Although, of course, I do not absolutely believe that in April there will be even a closed beta. There were many such promises. All this is a bluff.

Dear developer MAXMP, please look into the internal snapdragon PCM functionality. It broke down after updating to Nougat, thanks

(PS :- I have the Xiaomi MI MAX, snapdragon 650 internal 24bit PCM; worked flawlessly in Android 6 Marshmallow.)

2 hours ago, PeterFalk said:

You still have not answered the question - what with support for hi-res sound output?

That has been answered previously, and also answered when the Oreo issues started arising.

To reiterate, the answer is yes the upcoming beta release will address many of the high-res output incompatibilities that have cropped up with more recent phones and newer Android versions, and it will also deal with the notification issues that occurred with Oreo 8.1. 

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

I agree with you on this one Andre. Also thank you for managing our expectations during the past two years. You must have a tough time :D:D

Even i m afan of old timeline bar , scroll bar ,and playback controls in the control area (Fwd, Rev, Next/Prev List, etc) .Rest of d design looks awesome.. hope ders an option for switching to old scroll bar and playback controls..

14 hours ago, maxmp said:

main1.jpg

main-item-menu.jpg

playing-vis.jpg

main-shuffle-menu.jpg

library.jpg

grid1.jpg

vol.jpg

reverb.jpg

selection.jpg

bottomsheet.jpg

Thanks Max finally long waited update arrived. I must say that i am impressed with the Animations. I am not an expert but when i compare it with IOS i always felt that Android animations are not Eye Pleasing. This really looks cool for me.

Hoping for Beta release soon with fixes for Oreo and Hi-Res fixes

16 hours ago, maxmp said:

main1.jpg

main-item-menu.jpg

playing-vis.jpg

main-shuffle-menu.jpg

library.jpg

grid1.jpg

vol.jpg

reverb.jpg

selection.jpg

bottomsheet.jpg

I WANTS!!! I have been dying to use Poweramp! 

3 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

Wait how are closed beta users chosen based on the list of people already signed up on play store randomly or Max just chose them already and will receive it next month

Either way if someone is not in the beta program i think it could be able to sideload the apk from somewhere else

Archived