Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

1 hour ago, clever_man said:

@Sanket103, I tried many times but before beta we don't geta any updates - a lot of things needs to be done for the beta but as Max said "soon...".

How much? It seems to me that the smart guy, all the terms are overdue, and if you take into account the fact that the new version of the Android interface changes, the development enters an endless cycle. People want to hear what comes from the author himself. It seems to me that this is quite a logical requirement

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sanket103 said:

can uask max for 1 updae about the project.. i still hav som hopes left 

I've emailed Max twice in the past eight days to ask if he could please provide just a brief update on the current status of the project, to try to counter the growing mood of negatively in these forums, but I've not had any response as yet. I'll let you know when I hear anything.

Andre

Do you want to say that even with you, Max does not want to write? But he lives at all? I ask you so seriously .... Because it is quite strange to be done that the author of the program for several months on the website of his own program does not show up ....

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I've emailed Max twice in the past eight days to ask if he could please provide just a brief update on the current status of the project, to try to counter the growing mood of negatively in these forums, but I've not had any response as yet. I'll let you know when I hear anything.

Andre

Thanks Andre

Last month clever man oosted logs of Poweramp in the progress. 

I've just updated to Oreo on my S8 and unfortunately found , that the sample rate is restricted to 48khz in Poweramp 704. On Nougat it worked perfectly (up to 24/192) and the sound quality was incomparably better. I'll be waiting expectantly for update...

23 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

I don't want to be negative but the situation is pretty negative itself, i mean it smells like abandonment

Crying_cat.jpg

15 hours ago, PSupman said:

I've just updated to Oreo on my S8 and unfortunately found , that the sample rate is restricted to 48khz in Poweramp 704. On Nougat it worked perfectly (up to 24/192) and the sound quality was incomparably better. I'll be waiting expectantly for update...

I know how you feel bro, and I just bought the Leophile Zero earphones, lets wait

On 3/12/2018 at 7:24 PM, PeterFalk said:

How much? It seems to me that the smart guy, all the terms are overdue, and if you take into account the fact that the new version of the Android interface changes, the development enters an endless cycle. People want to hear what comes from the author himself. It seems to me that this is quite a logical requirement

Right, huge overdue, but that's due to the only one person working on the project (me) and the long list of things to finish, which sometimes becomes longer due to the additional polishing needed. Nevertheless, the only blocking issue is finalizing all the ui missing parts, like various list context menu actions, finishing converting the ui to a new animation framework I have now.

All the (application/data/audio) logic is there, it was there in Alpha, so it's the UI that takes so much time. Successfully, the animation framework I mentioned above is fully functional, works very well, and it provides functionality not seen on Android (though, existing forever on iOS).

It's a joke, Android had like 5 various animation frameworks over the Poweramp development cycle, and none of them are good enough (View animation, ObjectAnimator, Scene animation, Activity Shared Transitions, Support Dynamic Animation).

I plan to release closed-beta (fully functional, limiting some stuff like tablet support and skins) this April.

Sharing some of the development build screenshot/screencap here:

main1.jpg

main-item-menu.jpg

playing-vis.jpg

main-shuffle-menu.jpg

library.jpg

grid1.jpg

vol.jpg

reverb.jpg

selection.jpg

bottomsheet.jpg

1 hour ago, antonridd said:

Op, phenomenon to the people, suddenly.

Looks good. Only a question, how much more time?

It looks awful, no, just awful. And this sawed for two years! ??? Why is this necessary? Dude, we need a sound, not this stuff

On 25/04/2017 at 1:04 PM, maxmp said:

Sorry for the delay)

I think I'm quite good at programming, but unfortunately, I'm bad on managing other developers, so basically I do everything by myself.

That of course is not speeding things up.

Also, I try to polish each feature until it works 100%. It's not possible to predict how long exactly that or this feature will take time to complete.
Especially on Android, when you may need to write whole functionality from scratch as platform-provided one is buggy, is not reliable, or plain doesn't work on some devices/ROMs.

Currently, planned v3 beta release month is set to May. This will be full featured v3 (it's basically alpha3 + new UI + fixes for recent ROMs, but not more).

Thanks!

Archived