Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/13/2018 at 10:08 AM, Quade13 said:

We would rather have Poweramp as an open source project, so anyone could contribute and make the development faster. Max can still get most of the revenue, while sharing a small portion in royalties with the top contributors (as the Phonograph dev does).

Don't speak for me please. I don't want this open source.

Hi, 

I have been a past user of Poweramp for the past 4 years. 

It has been a boon. It's the most amazing thing on my phone. 

Lately there has been a problem with notification part. 

I downloaded the version 3 today and it has changed my life. It's freaking amazing. 

I have wanted visualizations for the past 8 years in my music app but couldn't get any HD ones with a player of my choice. I just love you Poweramp team. 

Keep on the good work but please look into the issue of notification...still there in v3. 

I have nexus 5x and android 8.1. 

I'm in USA and would love to help. I am a systems analyst. 

\m/

On 2018/2/15 at 0:14 PM, Ameya28 said:

Poweramp is good off being closed source . Given that all open source players i know are not that good. What Poweramp needs is a team behind it who have the same skills and vision as max himself

But sadly Poweramp doesn't have a powerful solidary team behind it. Or the development of v3 won't be so spiny. I remember Max said that he wasn't good at managing a team (or some other words like that), this also showed that the team wasn't very solidary.

P.S. I'm not saying Poweramp should be an open-source app, but pointing out the fact.

5 hours ago, dazzious said:

I wonder if Max is a full-time developer of Poweramp? Maybe he's got an other job, therefore won't concentrate on Poweramp?

God Knows! Its half of February over and still were have nothing on our hands?

If anyone that's in contact with Max, and has any new info or anything on the progress and development whatsoever I would greatly appreciate if you could post it on here for the community and myself, we are all eager and hopeful to find out what's going on with everything

5 hours ago, Stevieex23 said:

If anyone that's in contact with Max, and has any new info or anything on the progress and development whatsoever I would greatly appreciate if you could post it on here for the community and myself, we are all eager and hopeful to find out what's going on with everything

@clever_man did. To recap what is known so far: the development is in progress, the UI works are underway. 

7 hours ago, crashjant said:

+

I'll have to give a -1 to your post.

8 hours ago, M G said:

Everybody please give up and go to Neutron like me. ;)

Na, just kidding. Neutron is lame!

Ewwww. If you aren't happy, then leave this fourm.

7 hours ago, crashjant said:

Neutron is lame. I love Poweramp. That's why I'm still here.

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You still seem to be here though? Despite your only involvement in these forums being complaining about lack of final v3 and then repeatedly saying goodbye.

Andre

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"
  - Michael Corleone, The Godfather: Part III

Archived