Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully a good deal sooner than next year, as the UI has been in development for two years already. But no dates are confirmed, so I certainly wouldn't hold my breath for the next few weeks. No need for arguments or name-calling though, it will be release when Max is ready to release it, and we'll all just have to be patient until then.

Andre

On 19.01.2018 at 1:52 PM, BROKEN said:

That is a visualiser which is pretty plain to see.....

Max said that the progress bar will be similar to the SoundCloud one. So this is it. As you can see half of it is white and half is a bit darker.

When you have been going to check the forums everyday for two years, you can clearly see there's an issue where max decides to add new programming features or fix something on a new version, everytime Google adds a new update to Android, like I said before this could turn into a project that will never be put out because the developer not wanting to release it after finding new problems on newer versions, that is really the point of having this beta in the first place, which is also why we signed up as the beta testers a while back

8 hours ago, x1ld3n said:

Max said that the progress bar will be similar to the SoundCloud one. So this is it. As you can see half of it is white and half is a bit darker.

Yeah seems like it .. but i would love if the bars would be smaller in size and more in number. Also if the part of track which has played would be having some colour instead of faded gray. Maybe something to do in the final release

9 hours ago, Stevieex23 said:

When you have been going to check the forums everyday for two years, you can clearly see there's an issue where max decides to add new programming features or fix something on a new version, everytime Google adds a new update to Android, like I said before this could turn into a project that will never be put out because the developer not wanting to release it after finding new problems on newer versions, that is really the point of having this beta in the first place, which is also why we signed up as the beta testers a while back

The only problem in this never-ending, ever-lasting mess is the lack of communication and reluctance of posting any paper updates. There would have been less public uproar, should the dev (any dev, for sure) kept the customers informed on the process of whatever they are doing. In this very case, we have unilateral feedback - from us, not the author, - hence the issues.

Make a milestone build of the app, do explain if you have difficulties and/or need more time, and we are all set and keep our mouth zipped.

P. S. No flaming. 

On 1/21/2018 at 9:37 AM, Quade13 said:

The only problem in this never-ending, ever-lasting mess is the lack of communication and reluctance of posting any paper updates. There would have been less public uproar, should the dev (any dev, for sure) kept the customers informed on the process of whatever they are doing. In this very case, we have unilateral feedback - from us, not the author, - hence the issues.

Make a milestone build of the app, do explain if you have difficulties and/or need more time, and we are all set and keep our mouth zipped.

P. S. No flaming. 

Everything is much simpler - there is no development, for any normal author necessarily does a beta test to determine the problem and error of the code as accurately as possible, this is an axiom, so they do everything, otherwise the new version will never come out. Moreover, the halo of secrecy around an ordinary program is not clear.

10 hours ago, PeterFalk said:

Everything is much simpler - there is no development, for any normal author necessarily does a beta test to determine the problem and error of the code as accurately as possible, this is an axiom, so they do everything, otherwise the new version will never come out. Moreover, the halo of secrecy around an ordinary program is not clear.

How can you constitute this cooked-up fact, exactly? The works are in progress, but evidently not carried out as enthusiastic as we, customers, would expect.

I do agree, however, that there is no basic feedback from the developer, whatsoever. 

8 hours ago, Quade13 said:

How can you constitute this cooked-up fact, exactly? The works are in progress, but evidently not carried out as enthusiastic as we, customers, would expect.

I do agree, however, that there is no basic feedback from the developer, whatsoever. 

Tell me, what's stopping Max from doing an open beta test? Does he not understand that the main thing is a sound, not an interface. The fact that I see on the fake screenshots, just ugly. He was asked to fix the hi-ress output to Android 7 and above. Now he's waiting for OTA to fix the problem with the shutter. Well, is not it nonsense?

5 hours ago, PeterFalk said:

Tell me, what's stopping Max from doing an open beta test? Does he not understand that the main thing is a sound, not an interface.

That is what is currently available, build 704. The next release will be the updated UI and it can't be released until it works fully, otherwise you'd just have half an app (the old interface cannot be integrated half-and-half with the new).

Unfortunately, when the userbase was asked they voted for Material Design as the most important addition required for the app. Personally I disagreed at the time, and still do, so I'm with you in lamenting two years' worth of actual useful features that we could have been getting if it weren't for that vote - but at the end of the day it was the users' decision and Max is just following that. No matter how much whinging goes on in here it won't change the fact that it is no longer possible to release anything new until the update interface is complete. That's just the way it is for now.

Any more personal comments in this thread will be deleted.

Andre

To be honest over the last two years there hasn't been any proof that Max is working on anything ,all we have his words and postponed release date one after another ,by now he should know he can't do it himself if he's doing anything ..Max you didn't create coding ,you have the resources ,get some dissent coders ..

8 minutes ago, roll2tide said:

The absence of information about Poweramp.

Yup lol

Max needs to stop trying to perfect everything and just set and MEET a deadline already. Just imagine if everyone acted this way? You'd never have any new music, any new TVs, smartphones, headphones, cars, computers, etc etc. All I care about is that the bugs in Alpha 704 get fixed. Then it's just RELEASE the damn thing! So when I get a new phone I won't have to set my custom EQs manually once again like I have been over the last year. And as long as 1% incremental volume stays too. That is a MUST have for me. No more "too loud/too soft" crap for me. 

Archived