Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Unfortunately the dev lives in Russia and I live in the UK, and I don't have access to any of the test builds. I wish I did.

I would accept that photo as accurate anyway, albeit a somewhat radical departure from the elegant clean, simple and functional interface we are used to from v2. I personally tended to turn off all the clutter, gestures and other distractions beyond than simple playback control buttons on the old version, hopefully that is still an option on the new interface.

Andre

Everyone has preferences andre . it is clutter free imo

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting now as a long-time PA user not a moderator for a moment....

In that photo, I wonder where the seek bar and proper track / album controls (i.e. tapable icons) are? One of the recurring issues posted in the Feature Request section is the need for better and more accurate playback control, especially when navigating through longer tracks (which I do regularly - just try finding 1:15:25 within a two hour audio file!). I was hoping we'd get a nice large uncluttered album art display area, with better distinct and functional control features available below it. I guess until we get either a test release, or a video of the interface in use, it's all conjecture anyway.

Andre

8 minutes ago, clever_man said:

And one more:

I like the fact that Folders is now considered just another library view type rather than selecting either Folders or Library mode. I would have liked to have seen that list of modes as scrollable Tabs along the bottom of the library view screen though, to make it easier to switch views without jumping up and down through a top layer (basically an extension of the existing Folders/Library tabs).

Andre

7 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I like the fact that Folders is now considered just another library view type rather than selecting either Folders or Library mode. I would have liked to have seen that list of modes as scrollable Tabs along the bottom of the library view screen though, to make it easier to switch views without jumping up and down through a top layer (basically an extension of the existing Folders/Library tabs).

Andre

We will just have to see.  Hopefully when we finally get an update Max will become more active and respond to requests and feedback more actively.

On ۱۳۹۶/۲/۵ at 4:34 PM, maxmp said:

Sorry for the delay)

I think I'm quite good at programming, but unfortunately, I'm bad on managing other developers, so basically I do everything by myself.

That of course is not speeding things up.

Also, I try to polish each feature until it works 100%. It's not possible to predict how long exactly that or this feature will take time to complete.
Especially on Android, when you may need to write whole functionality from scratch as platform-provided one is buggy, is not reliable, or plain doesn't work on some devices/ROMs.

Currently, planned v3 beta release month is set to May. This will be full featured v3 (it's basically alpha3 + new UI + fixes for recent ROMs, but not more).

Thanks!

On ۱۳۹۶/۲/۵ at 4:34 PM, maxmp said:

Sorry for the delay)

I think I'm quite good at programming, but unfortunately, I'm bad on managing other developers, so basically I do everything by myself.

That of course is not speeding things up.

Also, I try to polish each feature until it works 100%. It's not possible to predict how long exactly that or this feature will take time to complete.
Especially on Android, when you may need to write whole functionality from scratch as platform-provided one is buggy, is not reliable, or plain doesn't work on some devices/ROMs.

Currently, planned v3 beta release month is set to May. This will be full featured v3 (it's basically alpha3 + new UI + fixes for recent ROMs, but not more).

Thanks!

Bgg

The screenies look quite good. The play screen looks the best. I can see some nice interface interaction possibilities with that, for instance you could scrub by sliding the play button left and right, which could be nice. And hopefully that's a nice frequency animation behind the play buttons as well.

The library is clean, but the bottom is rather messy, I am assuming this is overlaying on something else causing it to look that way.

My only real concern at this stage is that this looks like it's on a Note 8, which has a 18:5:9 aspect ratio, which gives everything a lot of space to breath, however what does it look like at 16:9?

6 hours ago, clever_man said:

Final UI view:

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-18 at 15.13.07.jpg

Do u have access to this? Because I wonder how u change to next/previous track or next/previous list.... The current version does have buttons for it. This doesn't have those buttons. Please no swipe gestures only. Also I guess this is a visualiser behind the button that wastes so much space. Can one disable it? And can one put the track info under the album art? There seems to be a lot of space still the track info overlaps with the album art.

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Unfortunately the dev lives in Russia and I live in the UK, and I don't have access to any of the test builds. I wish I did.

I would accept that photo as accurate anyway, albeit a somewhat radical departure from the elegant clean, simple and functional interface we are used to from v2. I personally tended to turn off all the clutter, gestures and other distractions beyond than simple playback control buttons on the old version, hopefully that is still an option on the new interface.

Andre

U seem to make a lot of good points. Max should've talked with u about the design tbh. Why does the country matter on the internet? Couldn't he send the apk per email, telegram, whatsapp or pm?

50 minutes ago, LPW00 said:

Also I guess this is a visualiser behind the button that wastes so much space.

That is progress bar i guess, no visualiser. If there is a visualiser it will be most likely in the cover image area.

8 hours ago, LPW00 said:

Do u have access to this? Because I wonder how u change to next/previous track or next/previous list.... The current version does have buttons for it. This doesn't have those buttons. Please no swipe gestures only. Also I guess this is a visualiser behind the button that wastes so much space. Can one disable it? And can one put the track info under the album art? There seems to be a lot of space still the track info overlaps with the album art.

I think they are the track timing bars i.e tapping on either side of the play/pause button. Or it might be gestures like swipe left/right up/down. Also the bar behind the button feels like a visualised progress bar which would change its shape based on the flow of the track

10 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

I think they are the track timing bars i.e tapping on either side of the play/pause button. Or it might be gestures like swipe left/right up/down. Also the bar behind the button feels like a visualised progress bar which would change its shape based on the flow of the track

Looks like a visualizer - if it was a progress bar then parts of it would likely be offscreen.

I think the GUI in the screenshot looks confusing and weird.  I don't like the way the waveform looking thing is behind the buttons at the bottom.  I was hoping for a easier to use GUI.  i still can't get used to the way we have to bring up the EQ settings on the alpha version.  i hope it's more straight forward in the final release.  and i keep looking for the settings on the right menu. 

1 hour ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I think the GUI in the screenshot looks confusing and weird.  I don't like the way the waveform looking thing is behind the buttons at the bottom.  I was hoping for a easier to use GUI.  i still can't get used to the way we have to bring up the EQ settings on the alpha version.  i hope it's more straight forward in the final release.  and i keep looking for the settings on the right menu. 

Max did say a while ago that he was going to get rid of that test feature of swiping stuff in from the left and right edges as it was non-intuitive and easily mixed up with gesture swipes for changing tracks (which I turn off anyway - proper discrete <<< | << | >> | >>> button controls are so much more intuitive and less easy to trigger accidentally). 

Andre

Archived