Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

1 hour ago, PeterFalk said:

As a player, it's dead, the project is really closed, it's just not advertised, as a big bar-boom will rise))) To date, even a stable version 2 works with lags on Oreo. The talk that Max is waiting for the update is just ridiculous.

Which lags are you talking about. If you have lags stop buying cheap unoptomized phones. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, yuuki said:

Which lags are you talking about. If you have lags stop buying cheap unoptomized phones. 

I own oneplus 5, Pixel 2 ХL ZTE Nubia Z17
There are more phones, do not assume that users from Russia are poorer than you.

I think my personal disappointment was the fact that people wanted a new ui..... Seriously, a new ui? Sure the sliding menus hate me because I end up switching songs vs opening menu... But the non alpha version's ui was fine and it got the job done. So if you guys want to complain about delays, honestly, blame it on the fact that because of our votes max now has to redevelop the whole app from ground zero... 

8 hours ago, Crow said:

I have a beta of another app that also successfully does hi-res playback not only in Android 6 but also in 7 and 8 which PA will not with my phone.
It sounds every bit as good as PA and has more features such as DLNA playback.

Once PA was unique but it no longer is, you can now get the same audio quality with other apps.

What app?

10 hours ago, PeterFalk said:

I own oneplus 5, Pixel 2 ХL ZTE Nubia Z17
There are more phones, do not assume that users from Russia are poorer than you.

I suggest you write in to the phone manufacturers and scold them for not optimising their ROMs. Maybe they Putin spyware inside, is why it lagz. 

8 hours ago, dwang040 said:

I think my personal disappointment was the fact that people wanted a new ui..... Seriously, a new ui? Sure the sliding menus hate me because I end up switching songs vs opening menu... But the non alpha version's ui was fine and it got the job done. So if you guys want to complain about delays, honestly, blame it on the fact that because of our votes max now has to redevelop the whole app from ground zero... 

Not just a new UI ... a CODE REVAMP.. why do you forget this when you complain about the material requests

17 ore fa, QuirK ha detto:

Poweramp è in ritardo sul mio Galaxy S2. Sì, ho un Galaxy S2 funzionante. 

hai installato una mod audio? Io, dopo aver installato "ainur sauron" + "batte audio", l'AP ha iniziato a laggare. poi ho re-flash la rom, pulito chache e dalwik dal ripristino e reinstallato PA e le mod audio che stavo dicendo sopra. ora perfetto, anche con molte altre app aperte in background e quindi ram sotto stress. dispositivo: xiaomi redmi4prime

nb. OT. Dò per scontato che in Russia abbiano molti più soldi di me;), nel mio paese lo stato li porta via con le tasse, per finanziare il mantenimento degli immigrati clandestini ...

I honestly wouldn't say that all of these disgruntled posts are a bad thing. It just means that the fanbase is really passionate. Nowdays most people just go and shit out their 5 words rant on the app's review section on Play Store, the fact that so many people came all the way here, signed up, and then explained why they really want a new version shows that people care a lot about PA and that it holds a very important place in our daily lives.

For me, PA is literally irreplaceable. Nothing else on the Play Store comes even close. If I wasn't having a ton of issues with bluetooth in my car, I would be happy enough with the current V3 beta. That's why I'm getting anxious for a new release, not being able to stream music with PA in my car every morning with perfect sound quality and compatibility with the head unit makes me start every day a little bit sad.

14 hours ago, dwang040 said:

Again, people voted for this year's back, I'm sure if they knew how long it would take (2-3+ years) they wouldn't have voted for it, no one assumed it would take this long, probably not even Max, and probably alot of the people who voted didn't know how intensive it would be, the communication between Max and everyone on the forums who support his projects is what is getting everyone frustrated and wondering where PA is, and what is going on, if there was any form of communication I'm sure the attitude would be different, the continuous unreached release date goals and not saying a thing after make things worse too

13 minutes ago, superluig164 said:

Is this legit?

That's the problem when the developer is absent. Why should we believe any information allegedly coming from the developer? Not even from the moderator himself who has contacted the developer multiple times to no effect. I am not saying the image is not true (only time will tell) but I'm just pointing out that there is something inherently wrong with the communication channels in this forum!

33 minutes ago, clever_man said:

Final UI view:

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-18 at 15.13.07.jpg

I know that "taste" is subjective but that is plain awful. The Sony app interface is very good, even the current one is way better. Years wasted that could have been used to add real features like network support, direct usb dac output and high resolution support but no, people preffered "material design" on an audio player! Great!

9 minutes ago, Kado said:

I know that "taste" is subjective but that is plain awful. The Sony app interface is very good, even the current one is way better. Years wasted that could have been used to add real features like network support, direct usb dac output and high resolution support but no, people preffered "material design" on an audio player! Great!

I pretty much agree, there's a lot the new UI could be and isn't.  However I am hopeful that themes will fix my plight, and I'm also sure that the included skins will be different as well allowing for more choice.

28 minutes ago, musiclover said:

That's the problem when the developer is absent. Why should we believe any information allegedly coming from the developer? Not even from the moderator himself who has contacted the developer multiple times to no effect.

Unfortunately the dev lives in Russia and I live in the UK, and I don't have access to any of the test builds. I wish I did.

I would accept that photo as accurate anyway, albeit a somewhat radical departure from the elegant clean, simple and functional interface we are used to from v2. I personally tended to turn off all the clutter, gestures and other distractions beyond than simple playback control buttons on the old version, hopefully that is still an option on the new interface.

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

Unfortunately the dev lives in Russia and I live in the UK, and I don't have access to any of the test builds. I wish I did. I would accept that photo as accurate anyway, albeit a somewhat radical departure from the clean, simple and functional and uncluttered interface we are used to.

Andre

Considering how heavily you mod here and how involved you are you should have access to the test builds and you should have a better relationship with Max.

7 minutes ago, superluig164 said:

I sure hope it's true.  I still don't understand why you didn't take a screenshot though?

I assume this is not his device so he couldn't access files and post messages from it.

5 minutes ago, superluig164 said:

Considering how heavily you mod here and how involved you are you should have access to the test builds and you should have a better relationship with Max.

As I indicated, I would like that too, it would make doing this an awful lot easier. Doesn't seem to happen though.

Andre

Archived