Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Jrcaporal said:

At this point the next update better be the full finished product because this is straight up disrespectful for all of us who have waitied 2 years for a beta that is nowhere to be seen.

I agree. F this talk about the next one being another Beta. 

3 hours ago, RockStar2005 said:

I agree. F this talk about the next one being another Beta. 

Of course it will be a beta, it will feature a ground-up rebuild of the entire user interface, it would be madness to force that on all users without very extensive in-the-wild testing. I would then hope it would move fairly quickly to Release Candidate stage, and only then be automated to all users via Google Play.

Andre

10 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

Just tried GoneMad, and I don't like that most other players do not have DVC on it. That is why I do not have to turn my phone up louder to get it to sound like you can hear it better. I do not like the Samsung warning that it is turned up too loud. Where the DVC on Poweramp makes it better this way, and is loud at 47% volume. Any louder than that is too loud but other players you have to turn almost all the way up. Until I can find another player with an equalizer that has something like DVC, then Poweramp is the only player I am sticking with, even if it takes Max forever to get beta released.

Yep !!!  IMO GoneMad has a badder! , oops, sorry, I meant worse Audio Engine than the one Poweramp has... DVC is certainly unique in PA

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Of course it will be a beta, it will feature a ground-up rebuild of the entire user interface, it would be madness to force that on all users without very extensive in-the-wild testing. I would then hope it would move fairly quickly to Release Candidate stage, and only then be automated to all users via Google Play.

Andre

We'll see what happens. If that's the case, so be it, but man this is BS. lol 

45 minutes ago, TurtleLion said:

I just bought an lg v20 and I'm so disappointed... The hifi output keeps failing no matter what I do. Been using this app for years and it's my absolute favourite but the fact there's been no updates for so long really annoys me...

As I've been saying for some time now. Android versions get updated. The last time this app was updated was around Android 5.0. So again, considering how we're on Android 7.0 and going to 8.0, there's bound to be compatability issues. Hopefully, all these issues can solved whenever a new update comes out. 

Also, as I've been saying, outside of AptXHD, don't worry to much about high res, there really isn't a noticeable difference in music quality. 

I have a question. I know that there are players in google play that use android default audio engine to play music (such as doubleTwist, Black Player and so on). And there are some players that use their own audio engines

1. Poweramp

2. Neutron

3. JetAudio

4. PlayerPro

5. USB Audio Player Pro

6. Gonemad Music Player

The question is do you know any other music players that use their own audio engines? 

39 minutes ago, barcajuvebilbao said:

I have a question. I know that there are players in google play that use android default audio engine to play music (such as doubleTwist, Black Player and so on). And there are some players that use their own audio engines

1. Poweramp

2. Neutron

3. JetAudio

4. PlayerPro

5. USB Audio Player Pro

6. Gonemad Music Player

The question is do you know any other music players that use their own audio engines? 

That doesn't really matter to me what engine is being used as long as it fits my listening preferences. I find the stock OpenSL with audio output of music playback rerouted to direct thread to be accommodating. Plays high res content as intended, sound is great. Whereas the utmost concerning issue tends to be the hardware side of the flipping coin - you can hardly wish for vendors to deliberately implement drivers and sound backend in their own firmwares, whereby enabling users to enjoy music in whatever way they want to. Sadly, many disregard this part and the whole system crumbles down: dedicated DACs either don't work or are not hooked up during the sound thread call execution; half of the music players just ignore the fact there is sophisticated hardware pre-installed due to lack of related driver callbacks, the other half is specifically programmed to identify such or emulate the behavior.

To summarize: the hardware backend matters©. 

Personally, I enjoy Phonograph as a viable alternative that WORKS for my needs, despite a ton of code hooking headache I had to do. 

PlayerPro was my preferred music player, even over when i first tired power amp many years ago.. but that was when i had a rooted device that is  and Viper4Android doing the audio processing. Now, i left root and custom roms behind.

I may have go back to it in the future., as it works on Android P. (pre-beta build I have access to on a dev sampler device sent to me) Poweramp just crashes.

Andrewilley, can you please tell MaxMP to come here and inform us about the development of v3, how is it going, or he can just post a screenshot, anything so that I don’t feel like a complete idiot for checking this forum once a week ??

That would be a real nice thing to do.

51 minutes ago, Filip777 said:

Andrewilley, can you please tell MaxMP to come here and inform us about the development of v3, how is it going, or he can just post a screenshot, anything so that I don’t feel like a complete idiot for checking this forum once a week ??

That would be a real nice thing to do.

Well, if you check here once a week you should know that he doesn't even respond Andre's emails from time to time :P

9 hours ago, Filip777 said:

Andrewilley, can you please tell MaxMP to come here and inform us about the development of v3

Sorry, I can't tell Max to do anything, Poweramp is his sole project and all I can do is ask for him to post an update (which I have done many times). Sorry.

Andre

12 hours ago, Filip777 said:

Andrewilley, можете ли вы рассказать MaxMP прийти сюда и сообщить нам о развитии v3, как это происходит, или он может просто опубликовать скриншот, что бы я не чувствовал себя полным идиотом для проверки этого форума, как только неделю ??

Это было бы очень приятно.

I apologize in advance for bad English. Max before the new year was asked to appear on the forum and unsubscribe in the topic, which is how, if you do not have time to publish the beta. What was said "OK." The result you can observe in the form of complete disregard. With the project at all it is not clear what is going on. And if earlier (May-August) could be written off for waiting 8.0 oreo, now it looks like clean excuses in the form of waiting for OTA and other incomprehensible problems. Why can not unlock the loader and put it by hand - I will not put my mind to it. I do not know what Max is doing and whether there will be an update. But something tells me that everything is bad and you can watch another player for permanent use.

Very strange attitude to users and high secrecy around the news of the project.

I updated my Android device to oreo several months ago and Poweramp's notification didn't work anymore.

I need it's notification to change albums when device is locked so I can't use Poweramp now.

Now I use Sony's music app. Although it's a little simple but after all it's working.

Waiting for a beta version.

Archived