Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

So I've been coming here every few weeks since the past one year or 6 months, to see if the ?NEW VERSION? is out and all through this time I read all the hate comments, nagging, etc. which was what even I wanted to type but I never did for so long because I knew it won't be of any use.

Now I'm so ridiculed by the amount of time taken for the MIRACLE UPDATE that I finally wanted to write this, so I logged in and I'm doing it. I'm laughing like crazy at it. Still hoping the new version would come soon. ???

Please be quick, Max 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have an alternative app with a similar sound boost to what Poweramp does?  That's honestly all I use it for is the increased volume of sound that I get when playing music off my phone.  I edit tags elsewhere and use another app for actual library organization but nothing beats PowerAmps volume for me.

54 minutes ago, roll2tide said:

Does anyone have an alternative app with a similar sound boost to what Poweramp does?  That's honestly all I use it for is the increased volume of sound that I get when playing music off my phone.  I edit tags elsewhere and use another app for actual library organization but nothing beats PowerAmps volume for me.

Neutron player. But the UI is very bad and EQ is a pain to use.

19 minutes ago, barcajuvebilbao said:

There will be 3 major improvements in v3

1. Hi Res Audio

2. Material Design

3. Visualisation

Cmoooon people, it is decent even for 2 year of developing. Other players maybe issue 1 update at 3 mounths, but they implement minor fixes and features, not 3 MAJOR ONES. 

2 years? Didn't V2 come out like 2013? lol

People are just TIRED of waiting. It's now 2018 and "we are working hard" is simply WAY too vague an answer at this point regarding where exactly they are at in terms of completion. 

3 hours ago, RockStar2005 said:

2 years? Didn't V2 come out like 2013? lol

People are just TIRED of waiting. It's now 2018 and "we are working hard" is simply WAY too vague an answer at this point regarding where exactly they are at in terms of completion. 

There was many updates since v2, and I am telling you 3 MAJOR features worth waiting even 2 years.

6 minutes ago, barcajuvebilbao said:

There was many updates since v2, and I am telling you 3 MAJOR features worth waiting even 2 years.

Yeah there were many updates, but now instead of V3 we're being told we're just gonna get another beta/alpha version, and even that we don't have an exact release date for yet. "End of 2017" was the last one we were told, and now it's January 3rd and no update that means anything really. 

15 hours ago, superluig164 said:

No, however I've noticed the controls don't go to sleep when using a wire.

Yeah, give that setting a try. Do you have root and are running some sort of precession saving program like amplify or greenify? I can't say much since I'm not a Bluetooth guy so I haven't had much experience with your issue. 

24 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

Yeah, give that setting a try. Do you have root and are running some sort of precession saving program like amplify or greenify? I can't say much since I'm not a Bluetooth guy so I haven't had much experience with your issue. 

Not root (though I miss it) and not running anything.  I have an S7 Edge.

10 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

I have s7 edge but I do not want to lose samsung pay and it left volte icon on notification bar. Bugs too with the only root availabe for this phone. So I am sticking with no root. I can stand going from stable no root to buggy root process, that actually makes the phone worse not better. If there was a better root process than the one I saw on XDA, then I would do it.

I would just install Lineage OS, better OS than Samsung's anyway.

1 hour ago, superluig164 said:

I would just install Lineage OS, better OS than Samsung's anyway.

LOS sucks. But by all means, flash it, let it break all the features you paid for leaving you with 1/2 a working phone.....

18 minutes ago, BROKEN said:

LOS sucks. But by all means, flash it, let it break all the features you paid for leaving you with 1/2 a working phone.....

That's not universal at all. Don't project your bad experiences as being anymore than just that.

1 hour ago, D3Seeker said:

That's not universal at all. Don't project your bad experiences as being anymore than just that.

Not projecting anything. OEM's use closed source code. That's why camera degrades in quality among other things.

People load up LOS on the LG v20, can't use second screen, can't use quad DAC, and it breaks the used of double camera lens.

So again, applying to all devices, you lose the features you pay for leaving you with half a working phone. That's fact.

14 minutes ago, RockStar2005 said:

ALL that is great barca, but what isn't great is continuously being kept in the dark all the time. I look forward to Poweramp once again 1) Letting you import/export Settings files 2) Having the lyrics option ACTUALLY work 3) Having the right album covers display ALL the time. And other things. 

Yeah man .. the album artist/genre menus were outdated ..one of the reasons why im so eager for the beta

34 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

Yeah man .. the album artist/genre menus were outdated ..one of the reasons why im so eager for the beta

I dunno about outdated Ameya, I just meant how when you switch albums, the 2nd or 3rd song almost always displays the LAST album played. Clearly this is a bug in Alpha 704. I'm just going to assume the next version (V3 or next f'ing beta/alpha lol) will have this fixed. 

The #1 thing I'm MOST grateful for (and the real reason why I put up with Alpha 704 lol) is the new 1% incremental volume option. I f'ing LOVE it!!!!!!!! It lets you fine-tune your sound to get the perfect volume. And since I started getting into Hi-Fi, Hi-Res music (note: Mastered for iTunes albums ARE Hi-Res despite being downsampled) and premium headphones (currently have the awesome Sennheiser HD1 over-ears in Ivory, currently $249/$224 in Black on Amazon), all that stuff really matters to me now. Oh and I notice the sound is slightly clearer and/or louder in Alpha 704 vs. V2. 

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Enough with the off-topic root/ROM conversations folks, please set up a new thread in the Chatter section if you want to discuss that further. Thanks.

Andre

It's better then people whinning over no updates.

15 hours ago, LPW00 said:

If I were a moderator I'd just close this thread. By now everything is said already, just not by everyone. That's why there's so much OT

I keep this thread open to keep this sort of stuff located in one place. Otherwise, there would just be a ton of new threads created asking for ETAs, bemoaning slow progress, etc. It's easier to have at all in one place, which you can ignore if you're not interested. I do split out subject-based discussions or NEW issue reports into their own threads as much as possible though, as they will get most likely get missed long-term in here.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I keep this thread open to keep this sort of stuff located in one place. Otherwise, there would just be a ton of new threads created asking for ETAs, bemoaning slow progress, etc. It's easier to have at all in one place, which you can ignore if you're not interested. I do split out subject-based discussions or NEW issue reports into their own threads as much as possible though, as they will get most likely get missed long-term in here.

Andre

Makes sense.

Archived