Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

1 hour ago, superluig164 said:

I didn't change versions between switching phones so... Yeah lol, it worked for me.  It said it failed but when I checked my EQ list and such everything was the way it was when I backed up (besides the EQs I deleted being restored, but that's normal)

Wow! Ok when I saw "Failed" I just assumed it didn't work. I never checked or noticed a difference. I will have to try it out then and report back here. Thanks super! 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

Whether or not we get it out tonight or not, the app itself is still functional and does a great job of playing back music.

IAs for the high res support commotions. I mean, unless you're all walking around with dacs/ amps and high end earbuds/ headphones... not too sure how big of a difference having high res support really is for you... So again, just take the app for what it currently supports right now. 

Also, I'm pretty sure the devs have other things to worry about. I don't believe Poweramp is their main job. I'm sure they have other jobs and tasks and they're very busy with other stuff. 

I honestly don't care that much about the Hi-Res thing, cuz I feel it just provides a volume change not a change in quality, but that's me. But I'm sure a lot of ppl want it. Also, I was told by Alex or Support Team that the ONLY way to get AptX HD with Poweramp is to enable Hi-Res Audio Output, or else it just uses AptX I guess. I don't use wireless headphones, so for me it doesn't matter, but a lot of ppl do these days, so for them it would def make a difference as AptX HD they say does sound better noticeably better than AptX. 

26 minutes ago, RockStar2005 said:

Wow! Ok when I saw "Failed" I just assumed it didn't work. 

Again, due to the lack of updates recently, don't worry to much if stuff fails. Its just that comparability with new roms and jew version of Android are a but shakey and not 100% compatible. 

22 minutes ago, RockStar2005 said:

But I'm sure a lot of ppl want it. Also, I was told by Alex or Support Team that the ONLY way to get AptX HD with Poweramp is to enable Hi-Res Audio Output, or else it just uses AptX I guess. I don't use wireless headphones, so for me it doesn't matter, but a lot of ppl do these days, so for them it would def make a difference as AptX HD they say does sound better noticeably better than AptX. 

Okay. I've never been a wireless guy, so I can't comment much on AptX. I've always been told, "wired sounds better than wireless." so I just assumed that if people cared enough for high res, they were probably using wired. Oops, assuming things in 2017. :/

8 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

Again, due to the lack of updates recently, don't worry to much if stuff fails. Its just that comparability with new roms and jew version of Android are a but shakey and not 100% compatible. 

Okay. I've never been a wireless guy, so I can't comment much on AptX. I've always been told, "wired sounds better than wireless." so I just assumed that if people cared enough for high res, they were probably using wired. Oops, assuming things in 2017. :/

Yeah. I will check it later and see. 

I agree, wired IS better. But at some point soon I believe we will FINALLY be in a place where wireless actually does match wired sound. Advances in wireless tech like AptX HD will be the reason for that eventually occurring. 

2 hours ago, superluig164 said:

I didn't change versions between switching phones so... Yeah lol, it worked for me.  It said it failed but when I checked my EQ list and such everything was the way it was when I backed up (besides the EQs I deleted being restored, but that's normal)

Just tried it super.................got the "failed/can't read file" message. When I checked the EQs I could see it did NOT import the file at all. None of the new EQs were showing up, only the previous ones. Tried it again, but had the same result. Oh well. lol 

1 hour ago, RockStar2005 said:

Just tried it super.................got the "failed/can't read file" message. When I checked the EQs I could see it did NOT import the file at all. None of the new EQs were showing up, only the previous ones. Tried it again, but had the same result. Oh well. lol 

Huh.  I guess I was just lucky.  Sorry for bringing your hopes up :/

Did we even get a source straight from the devs saying, "Yes, the new revamp will be released on January 1st." If we did, I never saw it. A rumor will always be a rumor, and if there anything to learn, it's that rumors are never true. Rumor said the new iPhone does this. Nope. Rumor says the new amd gpu does that. Nope. 

Lesson here. Don't listen to something that's not fully backed up. 

Also, you give 1* reviews to apps that are broken/ do not work or if it's just not worth it. Poweramp still works well as a music player and functions well. Sire, I suppose the high res support isn't best for AptX HD, but other than that, I see no reason for down votes and bad reviews. 

17 hours ago, RockStar2005 said:

But I do agree with the one poster here............. it would be nice to get regular updates from the Poweramp team 

I wish Max would spend a bit of time updating the users here too. He doesn't frequent these forums any more as he found that too many threads like this one became a waste of his time, and any time he spent debating things here was time away from actually doing something useful. But a simple monthly progress update would go a long way towards curbing the more excessively entitled whingers. ;)

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I wish Max would spend a bit of time updating the users here too. He doesn't frequent these forums any more as he found that too many threads like this one became a waste of his time, and any time he spent debating things here was time away from actually doing something useful. But a simple monthly progress update would go a long way towards curbing the more excessively entitled whingers. ;)

Andre

He and/or his Support Team just responded to me earlier this morning. Pretty vague though.  

Hello from Poweramp support team!
We are still working on it hard.

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, Oleh said:

When there is going to be a new music player that has all the features that Poweramp has + bluetooth headset controls work on android 8.0, please let me know. Thank you.

I'm not even on 8.0 and I find that my Bluetooth controls "go to sleep" and then only respond once I turn on my screen.  They work fine with other players.

On 1/1/2018 at 4:52 PM, superluig164 said:

I'm not even on 8.0 and I find that my Bluetooth controls "go to sleep" and then only respond once I turn on my screen.  They work fine with other players.

Have you tried the keep services option under misc in settings? 

9 hours ago, Oleh said:

Did someone try phonograph music player? Going to test it but I need the folder view which is premium...

This is the one I use daily now (paid), thanks to offloading as the default output. Actually I messed around with the audio policy and managed to reroute Phonograph's playback onto the direct output, which, hey PA, works as intended. I haven't had any problem with that, since I don't need filters and eqs to enjoy music; Neutron (due to poor sound quality) and PA (which is lagging behind and abandoned), both are long gone for me as music players. 

Archived