Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

23 minutes ago, speedingcheetah said:

Defienlty would like to see always present number values on the EQ and ajust by number value vs touch slider only. far more precise.

As far as the headset/headphone thing...Don't think that is possible. I think it just detects AUX jack use. Maybe add in a feature to pop up a dialog that asks user if they plugged in headphones or Other AUX device. and thus it would load the correct "assigned EQ" setting.  

Yeah let's hope they do that. I think I e-mailed them about it too, but of course who knows if that will make any difference. 

Actually it's VERY possible. lol Sony's "Smart Connect" app that I use (available for ALL phones, on Google Play Store) is able to tell between the two. The connector on the headset (headphone + mic) has an extra ring around it than the regular headphones cable (regular audio cable WITHOUT the mic) does, and this is how I believe the app can tell them apart. So for "At Home" listening I use the headset option, and for "On the Go" (like car listening), I use the headphone/regular audio cable option. If Smart Connect can do it, then so can Poweramp. For now, I just manually select the EQ presets myself, but it would be nice not to have to. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, if that thing is not going to be released in the next 12 hours, I formally cease to even consider using any of the software related to Poweramp by the author and the app itself. The ignorance is enough, not even a drop-by to enlighten the customers with plans and heads up on the development. 

I too have emailed Max to see if he had any further news before the end of the year, but he still isn't able to give us a date. He is still working daily on the project, but he says he can't release an app where functions are not complete/not working as intended - especially after all the time already spent on development. 

He did confirm that the Notifications pull-down issue in Android Oreo 8.1 (which is NOT a Poweramp bug by the way, Google broke customised notifications) will be re-programmed around for Android 8+ by the time the next beta is issued.

Andre

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I too have emailed Max to see if he had any further news before the end of the year, but he still isn't able to give us a date. He is still working daily on the project, but he says he can't release an app where functions are not complete/not working as intended - especially after all the time already spent on development. 

He did confirm that the Notifications pull-down issue in Android Oreo 8.1 (which is NOT a Poweramp bug by the way, Google broke customised notifications) will be re-programmed around for Android 8+ by the time the next beta is issued.

Andre

Hi Andre,

Ok that's cool. But wait.............next "beta"??!! I thought the version due to come out around now was the OFFICIAL Version 3?? Are you saying what's coming is yet another Beta/Alpha version??! I REALLY hope not. I am tired of all this buggy beta BS on my Alpha 704 version of Poweramp. Please confirm. 

I appreciate that he doesn't want to release a bad version, but I mean, it's been 4 years since V2 was released. I just don't get what the big hold-up is. 

Thank You!

Yes, the next release will be the first beta-test build which will include Max's new, completely rebuilt, Material Design user interface. So far, all of the 700+ builds have merely been ALPHA-tests to verify that the updated high-res audio engine code for v3 works out in the real world.

Luckily for us - or perhaps more down to Max's programming skills - the 704 build is actually amazing stable for an early alpha release, and I use it as my daily player.

Once the next beta release has finally been issued, hopefully it won't take long to iron out any bugs which a general release might uncover and then move to it being an official v3 release.

All of this is covered in the first post in this thread by the way.

Andre

Just now, superluig164 said:

Considering the fact that the point of a beta is for it to be an indev version which might and most likely will have bugs, j don't understand why Max is so hard pressed on making it perfect before releasing a beta.

Because until the coding is finished and everything is connected together, some parts wouldn't work at all, so there would be nothing much to test.

Andre

6 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Because until the coding is finished and everything is connected together, some parts wouldn't work at all, so there would be nothing much to test.

Andre

Okay, but it's been like two years.  I don't know how it can take that long to fit everything together even with no major bugs.

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, the next release will be the first beta-test build which will include Max's new, completely rebuilt, Material Design user interface. So far, all of the 700+ builds have merely been ALPHA-tests to verify that the updated high-res audio engine code for v3 works out in the real world.

Luckily for us - or perhaps more down to Max's programming skills - the 704 build is actually amazing stable for an early alpha release, and I use it as my daily player.

Once the next beta release has finally been issued, hopefully it won't take long to iron out any bugs which a general release might uncover and then move to it being an official v3 release.

All of this is covered in the first post in this thread by the way.

Andre

Andre, 

My issue with the Alpha 704 version is you CANNOT import Settings files into it, EVEN ones CREATED by Alpha 704. So that means every time I get a new phone I have to recreate all my custom EQs, which is annoying. Yes Alpha 704 does work great for the most part, but what's also annoying is how the album covers are not always displayed properly (i.e. the last album I listened to will randomly pop-up while listening to the second or third track of a different album), the Hi-Res output causes CONSTANT crashes (which is why I turned it back off months ago), etc. But really it's the import issue that bugs me the most. IF that issue is gone in the next beta release, I guess I won't mind waiting longer for V3. 

But I do agree with the one poster here............. it would be nice to get regular updates from the Poweramp team via e-mail. I would most definitely welcome it! Anyway, thanks Andre, and everyone here have a Happy New Year too! 

10 minutes ago, RockStar2005 said:

Andre, 

My issue with the Alpha 704 version is you CANNOT import Settings files into it, EVEN ones CREATED by Alpha 704. So that means every time I get a new phone I have to recreate all my custom EQs, which is annoying. Yes Alpha 704 does work great for the most part, but what's also annoying is how the album covers are not always displayed properly (i.e. the last album I listened to will randomly pop-up while listening to the second or third track of a different album), the Hi-Res output causes CONSTANT crashes (which is why I turned it back off months ago), etc. But really it's the import issue that bugs me the most. IF that issue is gone in the next beta release, I guess I won't mind waiting longer for V3. 

But I do agree with the one poster here............. it would be nice to get regular updates from the Poweramp team via e-mail. I would most definitely welcome it! Anyway, thanks Andre, and everyone here have a Happy New Year too! 

Um, actually you can, just got a new phone a month ago and it worked perfectly fine...

15 minutes ago, superluig164 said:

Um, actually you can, just got a new phone a month ago and it worked perfectly fine...

Wait super.........you're saying that you can import Settings files on ALPHA 704 Poweramp and it WORKS??! 

If so, was that file created IN Alpha 704, or regular V2 Poweramp??

15 minutes ago, RockStar2005 said:

Wait super.........you're saying that you can import Settings files on ALPHA 704 Poweramp and it WORKS??! 

If so, was that file created IN Alpha 704, or regular V2 Poweramp??

I didn't change versions between switching phones so... Yeah lol, it worked for me.  It said it failed but when I checked my EQ list and such everything was the way it was when I backed up (besides the EQs I deleted being restored, but that's normal)

Whether or not we get it out tonight or not, the app itself is still functional and does a great job of playing back music.

IAs for the high res support commotions. I mean, unless you're all walking around with dacs/ amps and high end earbuds/ headphones... not too sure how big of a difference having high res support really is for you... So again, just take the app for what it currently supports right now. 

Also, I'm pretty sure the devs have other things to worry about. I don't believe Poweramp is their main job. I'm sure they have other jobs and tasks and they're very busy with other stuff. 

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

Ohh so it will take 2018 .Happy New Year Guys 

Archived