Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Developers,  

Thanks for Poweramp latest alpha  Music Player. I loved  it so much. ? 

It is similar to TTPod music player in symbian mobile. But it's very powerful than TTPod. 

But third party  Skins are disabled.  Please tell me when it will get Enabled. 

I am waiting impatiently... ?? 

On 12/22/2017 at 3:37 AM, jacko9000 said:

So, I do understand the genuine requirements of heavy use; I'm a heavy user, too, with sensitive eyes.  This is why on Android, for example, I can only use web browsers which allow inverted rendering.  Gello on CyanogenMod 13 (now called Pyrope Browser in the Play Store) in "night mode" is best at this, although Firefox Nightly with the "Dark Background and Light Text" add-on also does a reasonable job.

Damn, thanks for saying that. I've been using Swift Black for ages and the only missing piece was a browser that rendered the background black. I've been using Firefox Nightly a lot too without even thinking about add-ons...

I really don't care how Poweramp's UI will look like, as long as the Swift Black guys theme it all's good

6 minutes ago, Kexmeister said:

If anyone hasn't already mentioned this I'm getting the feeling Max is preparing the release for the 1st of January, exactly two years after the first release of the alpha version of V3.

Sure. After he couldn't do it for the May deadline. Or all of the other deadlines...

There's no way to know for certain, let's just hope we'll have it sometime around January

5 hours ago, Mayank Choudhary said:

But third party  Skins are disabled.  Please tell me when it will get Enabled. 

Skinning will be supported from the final release of v3, possibly in the beta stages too. However until the relevant development information is released there won't be any third-party skins available.

Andre

On 26/12/2017 at 9:51 PM, Ecksdee said:

Damn, thanks for saying that. I've been using Swift Black for ages and the only missing piece was a browser that rendered the background black. I've been using Firefox Nightly a lot too without even thinking about add-ons...

No problem.  Google Chrome is way behind in this respect.  All web browsers should provide a setting for inverted rendering, just as all apps should provide a light theme and a dark theme.

Firefox Nightly is by far the most flexible browser at present.  A couple of years ago, this flexibility held back its speed, but recent builds of Firefox Nightly are performing well on browser benchmark tests.

A few other add-ons you might wish to use with Firefox Nightly, are:

1. User Agent Switcher
2. Android_new_tabs_in_foreground
3. Android Material Design (Blend Tab Bar)

Yeah, can't wait to check out the new ui. Tbh, I wasn't a fan of the sliding menus cause sometimes it just wouldn't register and it would just play the next or previous song xd. 

@Nhyphk

3rd party skins probably won't be enabled until the new version is stable or until the devs feel that Poweramp is now good enough to release code for it. There will be changes so 3rd party skins will need to review the new features and accommodate for them properly. I do believe they mentioned that all Poweramp skins will have to be redesigned due to the new Poweramp ui layout. 

22 hours ago, jacko9000 said:

No problem.  Google Chrome is way behind in this respect.  All web browsers should provide a setting for inverted rendering, just as all apps should provide a light theme and a dark theme.

Firefox Nightly is by far the most flexible browser at present.  A couple of years ago, this flexibility held back its speed, but recent builds of Firefox Nightly are performing well on browser benchmark tests.

A few other add-ons you might wish to use with Firefox Nightly, are:

1. User Agent Switcher
2. Android_new_tabs_in_foreground
3. Android Material Design (Blend Tab Bar)

Pyrope hasn't been updated since Dec 9, 2017, are you still using the same old build or you're using some other browser? I'm interested because, the preferences here are similar to the one you have for a browser. 

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, xosinchan said:

Pyrope hasn't been updated since Dec 9, 2017, are you still using the same old build or you're using some other browser? I'm interested because, the preferences here are similar to the one you have for a browser. 

Thanks. 

The Pyrope code was forked, by Ninnix96 of xda-developers, from Gello browser, which is the standard browser on CyanogenMod 13.  Pyrope was started initially to provide Gello down to Android 4, and to add a few extra features.

I mentioned Gello purely because it has the best inverted rendering I have seen to date, and because I still use CyanogenMod 13 to access the Xposed Framework and also microG services, so I still have Gello.

Neither Gello nor Pyrope have been updated in a while, so I use now Firefox Nightly with, in addition to the add-ons mentioned above, the "Dark Background and Light Text" add-on, which is also very good at inverted rendering.

At some point in the future, I anticipate that the CyanogenMod team, which ended in December 2017 and is now called LineageOS, will copy the inverted rendering from Gello into the new LineageOS ROM browser, Jelly, which is being rebuilt from scratch and so is currently still quite basic.

For your reference, the Pyrope support thread is at xda-developers:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-gello-browser-t3384782

They will be able to tell you if Pyrope is likely to be continued in the meantime.

30 minutes ago, MiZoSpaDe said:

sadly enough, I'm waiting for the v3 release more than 2018 :D

There's nothing sad about that MiZo............the sad thing is it's taken THIS long to GET V3! 

They said they're hoping to have it out by the end of the year...................only 2 days left!!!!!!!!!! lol 

So it had to be gutted from the ground up.... We're I'm for a treat whenever he gets to it then.

Only thing is have yo wonder though is what "features" could really be added to pur wonderful player of choice? Especially from all the whiners. 99gg of people asking for "more" usually don't even know what "more" is until its fed yo them.

1 hour ago, D3Seeker said:

So it had to be gutted from the ground up.... We're I'm for a treat whenever he gets to it then.

Only thing is have yo wonder though is what "features" could really be added to pur wonderful player of choice? Especially from all the whiners. 99gg of people asking for "more" usually don't even know what "more" is until its fed yo them.

I'd really love a parametric EQ. So when I create EQs in Poweramp they can be easily used elsewhere too. Without the numbers, it's at hard to be accurate.

Also, it would be nice if Poweramp could differentiate between a headset and headphones. Then I could more easily setup preferred EQ presets for my car and others for listening on my headphones. (The headset would be for home while regular audio cable would be for car.)

1 hour ago, RockStar2005 said:

I'd really love a parametric EQ. So when I create EQs in Poweramp they can be easily used elsewhere too. Without the numbers, it's at hard to be accurate.

Also, it would be nice if Poweramp could differentiate between a headset and headphones. Then I could more easily setup preferred EQ presets for my car and others for listening on my headphones. (The headset would be for home while regular audio cable would be for car.)

Defienlty would like to see always present number values on the EQ and ajust by number value vs touch slider only. far more precise.

As far as the headset/headphone thing...Don't think that is possible. I think it just detects AUX jack use. Maybe add in a feature to pop up a dialog that asks user if they plugged in headphones or Other AUX device. and thus it would load the correct "assigned EQ" setting.  

Archived