Poweramp
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

5 hours ago, GB0323 said:

Max and Andrew, I will patiently wait for the next version. There is currently NO BETTER Music Player for the Audio Purists

There are plenty, and we are all looking forward to PA being among them soon. 

And does anyone know if I can add Poweramp to my default music player with Google assistant, or if Max will add the feature in Version 3.0? It would be a nice feature to just say play a song and then it plays through Poweramp instead of Google music player

46 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

And does anyone know if I can add Poweramp to my default music player with Google assistant, or if Max will add the feature in Version 3.0? It would be a nice feature to just say play a song and then it plays through Poweramp instead of Google music player

Set it to system's default player in the Apps. 

12 hours ago, Quade13 said:

Yeah tried that, it doesn't work, I'm on 7.0 rn, I know it might work on older phones, but if I ask Google assistant to "play music" I can't choose Poweramp as my default either, I uninstalled Google play and disabled it, I wish there was an option to just play it and not have to do it manually, still patiently waiting for v3

It's been half a year since last alpha release, maybe there should be at least a beta release? Or maybe in 2100? There are some little problems with my earphones since I updated to Android O, for instance, I can't pause/start playing music by earphone.

On 11/26/2017 at 0:28 AM, Stevieex23 said:

I don't know if it's available on Nougat as I'm on Oreo but you can try to say open Poweramp on Google Assistant.

On 11/26/2017 at 8:27 PM, Aaron Fist said:

I don't know if it's available on Nougat as I'm on Oreo but you can try to say open Poweramp on Google Assistant.

Yes I know that, you can ask Google assistant to open any of your apps, what I'm saying is if I say play music, it doesn't have Poweramp as a default option, as in the default music player for the device, and I asked if anyone knew a way to do that

On 11/25/2017 at 6:27 AM, Quade13 said:

There are plenty, and we are all looking forward to PA being among them soon. 

Ummmm......no. Nothing comes close to Poweramp.

6 hours ago, hapelectrique said:

I have a bug on Android beta 8.1.0 when the status bar is completly useless will it have a fix in a future update of the alpha Poweramp version ?

You can try force closing Poweramp, clear the cache on your phone and reopen it, of the status bar is all white go to Poweramp settings and change the status bar buttons to inverse

12 hours ago, BROKEN said:

Ummmm......no. Nothing comes close to Poweramp.

A lot of players have already exceeded it. At least those are kept up to date. 

5 hours ago, Quade13 said:

A lot of players have already exceeded it. At least those are kept up to date. 

Nothing comes close to PA audio engine. If you are talking about looks, then I agree, but PA is awesome with sound. Plus a music player is for sound (Listening) not staring at.

On 11/25/2017 at 10:15 AM, Quade13 said:

I tried that and it doesn't work. At least Google Assistant did not recognize it.

Actually does work saying "Open Poweramp" while connected to internet only. I can never get Google Assistant to do anything offline. All setup correctly too. On Nougat.

9 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

Nothing comes close to PA audio engine. If you are talking about looks, then I agree, but PA is awesome with sound. Plus a music player is for sound (Listening) not staring at.

yep!!

Edited by andrewilley
Converted quote to English

Alright this thread is a joke now. I give up on storing hi-res music on my phone anymore, because it's just not compatible with Nougat and we already have a plethora of Oreo ROMs. Zero communication whatsoever.

3 hours ago, whiplash1 said:

Alright this thread is a joke now. I give up on storing hi-res music on my phone anymore, because it's just not compatible with Nougat and we already have a plethora of Oreo ROMs. Zero communication whatsoever.

704 does work with Nougat. Well, on a good number of devices anyway. You don't even mention what device you are using....

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

704 does work with Nougat. Well, on a good number of devices anyway. You don't even mention what device you are using....

Andre

By "work on Nougat" you mean it shows up in the settings? Yeah it does show up. But each time headphones are connected it switches to the default output, just like several others have reported. And I have a OnePlus One.