Poweramp
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

On 10/13/2017 at 9:48 PM, Infy_AsiX said:

Thanks for sharing this. I had 24-bit but with only 44.1/48kHz on my Z3C Lineage 14.1 until a recent development change that put it back to 16-bit. I hadn't needed to use sound mods in the past being on a stock MM ROM with Sony Hi-Res API. With Arise i've got the same 16-bit 192kHZ Lenovo Hi-Fi you've got. I find it sounds worse unless at 96kHz on my device in my opinion, that might have to do with Sony's Hi-Res API being only 96kHz.

Installing it is a bit of a task to follow. I find Viper is useful for it's system wide EQ. The only other extra I use is Dolby Digital Plus to improve the audio on the phone speakers. 

Hello, if lenovo hires sounds worse to hear. You can try edit build.prop and add this line.

==================

persist.audio.uhqa=1

ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

==================

Old line your ro.product.manufacturer , should add # to disable. Only one ro.product.manufacturer in build.prop. Save it and reboot.

*Sorry I'm crop screenshoot because limit upload size.

Screenshot_20171026-043844.png

Screenshot_20171026-044553.png

On 21/10/2017 at 2:12 AM, Sanket103 said:

11 nov i believ..

Just logged in to see if PA was finally out - colour me not actually surprised...  based on that git log screenshot awhile ago, progress seems reallllly slow.

One day maybe...

13 hours ago, dhenyaw said:

Hello, if lenovo hires sounds worse to hear. You can try edit build.prop and add this line.

==================

persist.audio.uhqa=1

==================

Old line your ro.product.manufacturer , should add # to disable. Only one ro.product.manufacturer in build.prop. Save it and reboot.

Screenshot_20171026-043844.png

Screenshot_20171026-044553.png

Thank you. It works.

On 10/26/2017 at 7:50 AM, dhenyaw said:

==================

persist.audio.uhqa=1

==================

Thanks, it doesn't work for my Sony Z3 compact on LOS14.1 though unfortunately. This is with Arise required right?

18 hours ago, Infy_AsiX said:

Thanks, it doesn't work for my Sony Z3 compact on LOS14.1 though unfortunately. This is with Arise required right?

I tried it with Arise, it doesnt work. But after removing Arise it worked perfectly

9 hours ago, clever_man said:

@Sanket103, release will be as soon as possible, maybe in november but nobody doesn't say exactly date.

Hopefully sooner than later, we are all very anxious and excited to see what Max has brought to the table 😁

3 hours ago, Stevieex23 said:

Hopefully sooner than later, we are all very anxious and excited to see what Max has brought to the table 😁

It's already later. But I'm not complaining, I'm happy w/ alpha 704. Or v2 even. :D

On 19/10/2017 at 1:59 PM, andrewilley said:

The latest stable release from Google Play is build 588 (or 589 for Intel devices). The latest 'alpha-test' version is 704, mainly to try out the new audio engine but it works pretty well as a daily-use build too. The next release will be a beta-test (i.e. close to completion, with a completely new user-interface) but there is no date for that yet.

Andre

Kk thanks! 😁😁

2 hours ago, Mübaşir Mehmet Ali said:

Anyone knows why does the seek error happen?

Hello,

Is it a file downloaded from youtube?

If so, the internal decoder may fail because of possibly wrong file headers.

You should be able to transcode it into mp3 files so Poweramp and other players can read it properly.

5 hours ago, karry said:

Hello,

Is it a file downloaded from youtube?

If so, the internal decoder may fail because of possibly wrong file headers.

You should be able to transcode it into mp3 files so Poweramp and other players can read it properly.

Thank you.

It was extracted from a pendrive.

The Samsung Music App plays it perfectly, though

.aac/.m4a & .amr types are recently buggy with Poweramp.

Should be fine in the next release

8 hours ago, Mübaşir Mehmet Ali said:

The Samsung Music App plays it perfectly, though

You still haven't said what the problem actually is. Is music skipping, or briefly glitching during playback, for example?

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

You still haven't said what the problem actually is. Is music skipping, or briefly glitching during playback, for example?

Andre

For .aac/lc,hev1/hev2 and .m4a

The seek displaying wrong timescales and continuous playback stutter, each 33 seconds.

.amr files won't even play

.mp3 is okay

AMR doesn't really surprise me, it's a low bitrate frequency-limited speech encoding system only really designed for recording speech from a phone's microphone, not exactly what PA is designed for.

Personally I tend to avoid AAC completely wherever possible (I avoid anything Apple sponsored!) but I think it should play back reasonably well on the current alpha releases as a lot of people use iTunes, and that uses AAC. Try increasing the audio buffer size in PA Settings > Audio > Output > [choose desired output method and device and tap the Settings icon] and see if that helps.

I've seen issues with total running time before, and with moving around along the timebar on the same files, when there is a largish cover art embedded and the length/VBR information isn't included in the ID3 tags the way Poweramp expects it to be. Could you try removing any embedded artwork from a sample MP3 file that gave you this problem and see if that makes the timings work better? (a PC program such as TagScanner is perfect for doing this)

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

AMR doesn't really surprise me, it's a low bitrate frequency-limited speech encoding system only really designed for recording speech from a phone's microphone, not exactly what PA is designed for.

Personally I tend to avoid AAC completely wherever possible (I avoid anything Apple sponsored!) but I think it should play back reasonably well on the current alpha releases as a lot of people use iTunes, and that uses AAC. Try increasing the audio buffer size in PA Settings > Audio > Output > [choose desired output method and device and tap the Settings icon] and see if that helps.

I've seen issues with total running time before, and with moving around along the timebar on the same files, when there is a largish cover art embedded and the length/VBR information isn't included in the ID3 tags the way Poweramp expects it to be. Could you try removing any embedded artwork from a sample MP3 file that gave you this problem and see if that makes the timings work better? (a PC program such as TagScanner is perfect for doing this)

Andre

You can also use an app like Automatag, or just edit the tags in power amp, which was in my opinion made very easy to do

42 minutes ago, Gungeonkeeper said:

So, did anyone manage to get 24-bit audio working on LG V10 with Android 7.0 on it?

Using Poweramp 704 btw...

Screenshot_2017-11-02-00-09-37.png

Screenshot_2017-11-02-00-10-23.png

Same here with Sony X Performance.....