Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, clever_man said:

@ZMan2k2, for your money you have a perfect stable version. Next version is a gift from developer because it is another programm with the same name. We are so scared that you choosen another player, no, please, don't do it!

I am still using Poweramp as my main player but I too am shopping around. I don't want the next version of Poweramp to be a gift- I'd like it to be a sustainable and frequently updated product and am willing to pay for it. I would love to pay for continued development of what is still the best player on the market. I think the fact that major updates are free is bad for all of us, including the developer. On my PC I pay for Jriver Media Center (after the initial purchase of $50, major releases are ~$25 usually every year) and for Roon ($120 a year, mostly for the terrific back end music database it uses to help organize and view your own library).  I sure as hell am willing to pay for Poweramp updates and am kind of getting the tired of the updates being viewed as a 'gift'.  Charge us for the software (we know it's a hell of a lot of work) and release.

7 hours ago, ZMan2k2 said:

Sorry.  I've had enough waiting.  You have my money, and there's been no progress for a year now.

You paid for Poweramp v2, as released, which you are still fully entitled to use. You can also use the alpha-test version of v3 if you wish, that is your choice.

And at some point, when v3 is finally complete and released, and you will be entitled to use that for no extra charge rather than having to pay again. You're welcome.

Andre

On 16.10.2017 at 11:39 AM, StinkBeanZ said:

I'm just curious, what is the difference of sound you feel from v2 to v3 703 with hi-res output ? :)

None....but that is mostly as my previous device did not had hi res support, and my actual device which supports hi res does not have the option in Poweramp to enable it (probably because of Android 8 i think)....but even if ...no idea if hi-res in Poweramp would be working with Bluetooth headphones.

So lets see what the next version will bring...whenever it comes.

On 10/17/2017 at 4:51 AM, ZMan2k2 said:

@clever_man and others can mock me all you want.  I have a well put together music player, not some alpha version we've been stuck with for a year.  I'm not convinced v.3 will ever come out.  If it ever does, I might try it, we'll see.

Honestly it seems you're mocking the developer as well as the patient users, with the brash remarks of "moving on" and such.

Well you've said your piece, got it off your chest. You're welcome to stay, in fact very welcome. You're also welcome to leave, such is the flexibility of the Android ecosystem.

The Poweramp lockscreen feature isn't working for me. It's enabled but doesn't show up on the lockscreen. It worked on the beta version but not alpha. I'm still using alpha for hi-res audio but I hope this can be solved. I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 2015 (SM-J700F) with Android 6.0.1.

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Huh? There is no beta version yet. When there is, the user interface will be completely new anyway.

Andre

Oh sorry! I don't know the terminology too well. I'm basically using the latest version. But never mind. I'll just wait for v3 ( hope I got that right). Thanks anyway!! ?

6 hours ago, Arjun J. said:

Oh sorry! I don't know the terminology too well. I'm basically using the latest version. But never mind. I'll just wait for v3 ( hope I got that right). Thanks anyway!! ?

The latest stable release from Google Play is build 588 (or 589 for Intel devices). The latest 'alpha-test' version is 704, mainly to try out the new audio engine but it works pretty well as a daily-use build too. The next release will be a beta-test (i.e. close to completion, with a completely new user-interface) but there is no date for that yet.

Andre

4 hours ago, clever_man said:

I think it will be in beta because in september Max worked with new notification's styles on Oreo.

Excited on this, since the stock music player from my xperia is just annoying in the way it handled the album art, where it only shows the first album art of the song for all songs of the same album title even I have different embedded art on those songs. That's why I returned to Poweramp because it gave me what I want for my songs' album art.

By the way, I just want to have a clarification if its really supported by Poweramp: the DSEE HX and ClearAudio+ in the settings of my phone, because when I turned on the Music FX and hold it, the settings for these came out. I would like to know if the sound will be better 'cause I like the sound on my stock player(its just the album art that I don't like) so I believe these features are really implemented in the v3 alpha.

23 hours ago, clever_man said:

From last informations in this year, planning on November but it's approximately.

I've stopped quoting any expected times until it gets to the "packing the file for uploading to the public server" stage, gets me into too much hot water otherwise.:)

Andre

سلام

من نرم افزار ورژن 703 را دانلود کردم و هم اکنون روی نوت 4 با اندروید 6.0.1 و سیستم ضبط ماشین با اندروید 6.0.1 دارم کار میکنم و هیچ مشکلی ندارم فقط در قسمت لیست آهنگ ها به نظرم باید تجدید نظر کنید و جانمایی بهتری را در نظر بگیرید . شما باید مدنظر داشته باشین که سیستم های صوتی اتومبیل های امروزی از قلب تپنده اندروید استفاده میکنند و نرم افزار شما باید قابل اجرا در این زمینه ها باشد

با تشکر از تیم پاورآمپ

موفق باشید 

:)

Archived