Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, clever_man said:

@brandonluciano824, new UI will be introduce only in beta. In alpha not UI, just for testing new audio engine.

But beta fell into a black hole forever and the finished build is a pipe dream as far away as waiting to go to heaven.  So waiting waiting waiting we still are.  I can't find an alternative worth a hoot. 

Skins will be supported in the finished v3 release (and most likely in the next beta release whenever that happens) but you'll still need to wait for skin developers to make skins for it. If skins are especially important to you though, just go back to the release build rather than the v3 alpha test versions.

Andre

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Skins will be supported in the finished v3 release (and most likely in the next beta release whenever that happens) but you'll still need to wait for skin developers to make skins for it. If skins are especially important to you though, just go back to the release build rather than the v3 alpha test versions.

Andre

Except i have a LG G6 and the only player that is worth a hoot that will play without skipping is the alpha version of Poweramp after I jack the buffer up all the way.  i hate that part of my phone.  it's picky with audio player.  ugh.

I am using the King music player smartphone, vivo xplay 6 with Poweramp version 588

I just feel the sound quality is not very good to completed with the vivo player, even complete with my old sony xpiera Z4 (on Poweramp 588)

Do you have any plan on development on vivo xplay 6 ?

45 minutes ago, harmony said:

I am using the King music player smartphone, vivo xplay 6 with Poweramp version 588

Do you have any plan on development on vivo xplay 6 ?

Erm, so what are you asking? This is the forum for the alpha-test releases of Poweramp v3 (currently build 704).

Andre

7 hours ago, harmony said:

Thx Poweramp, I v just get the 704 and activated, I have benifit from the new player, it is really better.quality than the embbed player, really thk. so much!

You're welcome. Glad I could help, and that you're finding 704 an improvement in sound quality.

Andre

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You're welcome. Glad I could help, and that you're finding 704 1 improvement in sound quality.

Andre

Yeah! 

The sound is really nice!

Sennheiser Momentum Earphone

Dual OPA2604 Ear Amp

Audioquest Diamonback  Cable

Xplay 6 with Poweramp 704

Harmony

PSX_20171010_052930.jpg

On 9/28/2017 at 0:23 AM, dhenyaw said:

Hello. I know you guys wait so long for update. Alternative if you want use Poweramp in nougat, you can use sound mod by Arise Sound. I used Xiaomi Mi5 with CM14.1. flash Arise  Magnum Opus and I can use Hi Res output in Poweramp. Just install core module if you dont like viper, dolby, etc. 

Thanks for sharing this. I had 24-bit but with only 44.1/48kHz on my Z3C Lineage 14.1 until a recent development change that put it back to 16-bit. I hadn't needed to use sound mods in the past being on a stock MM ROM with Sony Hi-Res API. With Arise i've got the same 16-bit 192kHZ Lenovo Hi-Fi you've got. I find it sounds worse unless at 96kHz on my device in my opinion, that might have to do with Sony's Hi-Res API being only 96kHz.

Installing it is a bit of a task to follow. I find Viper is useful for it's system wide EQ. The only other extra I use is Dolby Digital Plus to improve the audio on the phone speakers. 

I have the arise sauron mod installed, what it does is bypasses all android built in sound engines and gives direct access to your dac without any resampling or messing with the signal, while also removing any sound tuning done to it.

It can give you full 24bit up to 192khz playback maybe more if hardware supports it. Though I had to move back to 702 build, since the new ones still saw lenovo hifi api and didn't work, because of the always on dvc. With the old version 702. snapdragon 24bit api works like a dream, pure bit perfect playback.

3 hours ago, lantian said:

I have the arise sauron mod installed, what it does is bypasses all android built in sound engines and gives direct access to your dac without any resampling or messing with the signal, while also removing any sound tuning done to it.

It can give you full 24bit up to 192khz playback maybe more if hardware supports it. Though I had to move back to 702 build, since the new ones still saw lenovo hifi api and didn't work, because of the always on dvc. With the old version 702. snapdragon 24bit api works like a dream, pure bit perfect playback.

You mean Ainur Sauron? I tried that before on 704 but it didn't gain anything for me. Not even 44.1kHz instead of 48kHz that I'd seen mentioned.

51 minutes ago, Infy_AsiX said:

You mean Ainur Sauron? I tried that before on 704 but it didn't gain anything for me. Not even 44.1kHz instead of 48kHz that I'd seen mentioned.

Yes.It is beta, you can try again, difference should be pretty big.

i have not bought it yet...  i would if it was definitely going to be implemented. with bandwidth being less expensive and 4g. getting better all the time...putting music on USB  will become more of a chore ..my car stereo is android 6...think about it ...

2 hours ago, StinkBeanZ said:

I'm just curious, what is the difference of sound you feel from v2 to v3 703 with hi-res output ? :)

Much more clearer and detailed as long as you listen to flac files and with headphones that cost more than, say, 50 Euros. It also depends on your specific device, my experience is with LG G3 and Focal Sphear and is an absolute joy.

Archived