Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 4:45 AM, utahman1971 said:

You could be like me and use Stellio until it is released. I purchased BP, Poweramp, and Stellio. Love Poweramp, but love the MD (Material Design) too. Also, even on v2 of Poweramp the scrobbles to last fm has issues. So not sure even if beta is released I will come back unless the scrobbles are totally working on Poweramp.

i wander how it's hires-playback work,cuz i can't find the selection.i mean stellio~

Ok, just find forum for irony.. This is thread "Poweramp v3 Project Update" and forum "Poweramp v3 Project Update" not "for irony" and not for "stupid posts, pictures and mems"...

I subscribed on this thread for reading new information about player and not for reading stupid jokes.

@andrewilley, can you clearing this thread?

It is annoying me to be so negative as to the subject but. Every few months Time a few git lines to post and then disappear again a few months is not the fulfillment. It is a pity that after all the theater the faith has lost (I at least) since it does not convince me. Unfortunately. Even if some can be quiesced here. As I said before, I do not think it's good to think about it, but what is to be done? 

7 hours ago, Tylog said:

but what is to be done? 

Two choices: either wait patiently for the work to be completed (sorry, but it's a complex task) and use the released versions in the meantime, or switch to another player if there is something about the new user interface (or new device compatibility) that you really can't wait for.

Andre

Do you think Max would be interested if Google offered to make his music player the official music player for phones ? Poweramp still happens to be the best and most powerful music player on Google play, and it would look super nice to see it integrated across platforms like Android auto too

4 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

Do you think Max would be interested if Google offered to make his music player the official music player for phones ? Poweramp still happens to be the best and most powerful music player on Google play, and it would look super nice to see it integrated across platforms like Android auto too

Lol the main requirement from google would be the material design

I wonder if Max knows that as soon as he FINALLY release a beta build, all the Android fan sites (Android Central, Android Police, Android Authority, etc. will be all over it! With Poweramp having such a reputation among android users, this would be BIG news! He could create even more buzz by uploading the beta to Google Play's beta channel! Everyone who downloads and uses beta apps (and alpha releases even more so), knows what they're getting into. At that point, complaints and criticisms rather than constructive feedback should be ignored. I can appreciate striving for perfection but ignoring such a valuable resource he has here with a small group of devoted users giving impressions and feedback isn't a wise move. Not to mention a larger pool of people to identify issues provides more "eyes on the target" than him going it alone.

I come here at least once a week, not anymore with anticipation but rather the sinking feeling that there will be no good news. We've gone from hoping for an actual release, to hoping and praying for a mere routine update. I know that Max doesn't come here, much less actually post, but I hope my sentiments and ideas get to him somehow and he releases whatever ALPHA build he has here. For those with phones that have issues with the release, they will have to revert back to the latest that works. However, as I understand from previous posts, one of the primary issues for not doing that is due to the lack of compatibility with certain phones. I have believe that there have to be SOME users here with phones that it would work on. If it comes to that, those select few can start using the app and giving feedback.I come here often and and just read the comments, I'm tired of spectating and wanted to weigh in. Consider this my "two cents" ... 

Eureka!  

I discovered that switching Poweramp to use the Default Android audio API (not OpenSL ES)...and enabling the Float32 Sample Format option solved my sound quality issues since upgrading my Pixel to Android 8.0. 

It is like having the HiFi DAC option back. It is treating my USB DAC as it was before on Android N in HiFi mode.  It sounds great again!

Did the same for AUX/Headphone jack and Bluetooth....significant improvement!  (Especially using Sony BT headphones that support LDAC)

I read there were lots of changes in Android O audio internals and something else to due with the HAL.  

Perhaps the default Android audio API now supports "HiFi" built in?

17 hours ago, Stevieex23 said:

Do you think Max would be interested if Google offered to make his music player the official music player for phones ?

I very much doubt Google would be interested. Most of their own-branded stuff is simplistic to the extent of being banal. They've taken the Apple approach of "this is how it works, you will just have to learn to like it." Can you really see them offering anything with hundreds of different Settings control options like Poweramp?

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I very much doubt Google would be interested. Most of their own-branded stuff is simplistic to the extent of being banal. They've taken the Apple approach of "this is how it works, you will just have to learn to like it." Can you really see them offering anything with hundreds of different Settings control options like Poweramp?

Andre

That's also a problem that I have with Google. Android is the most customisable mobile platform, why not show and use this? I tried Google's music player and it's a pain to use and for example the battery section in the android settings become less useful and detailed in every android version. I'm glad that there are apps like Poweramp, that use the potential of androids customisability and openness. People here are crying because there's no update, but Poweramp doesn't even need an update to be the best on the market, because most music player developers seem to do it the Google way. This was my first post lol. I hope it's not too OT, but then again, there's not much topic, everything is said already, just not by everyone.

On 15.9.2017 at 10:57 PM, Calgary Doug said:

Android 8.0 (Oreo) implements a new hardware abstraction layer (HAL) for all media services, including audio. I hope that doesn't impose further Poweramp 3.0 delay. A summary is available at: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/09/android-8-0-oreo-thoroughly-reviewed/

Why would it? The current Poweramp version works fine on O. Source: Me, I do have O.

Sry for posting two times in a row, couldn't figure out how to add another quote in the edit mode.

Archived