Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

On 22/07/2017 at 4:23 PM, andrewilley said:

Yes. And Yes, but as you know it takes time. Did you have a specific need for 22 July for some reason?

Andre

More or less. I am on Nougat with an Hi-Res capable phone but Poweramp alpha 704 doesn't work and I have an SD Card full of 24bit/192KHz music.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AryToNeX said:

More or less. I am on Nougat with an Hi-Res capable phone but Poweramp alpha 704 doesn't work and I have an SD Card full of 24bit/192KHz music.

You should still be able to play your files, just not outputting them at their full resolution as yet, just boring old CD quality for now. :)

Andre

On 7/25/2017 at 4:45 AM, jl91569 said:

Poweramp is the only reason I'm not upgrading my phone to Android Nougat. I don't want to risk it breaking when it's working on Marshmallow, so I'm stuck with security updates from December of 2016.

Poweramp works just fine on Nougat. Been running that since it came out.

IMG_20170728_215053.thumb.jpg.c21679e9b1690502b95dd9f1ed7ba9a7.jpgApp is perfect now. Develop skins don't change menu placements. We want transparent full screen album art like Sony album app (album art displayed as 50% transparent at full screen including navigation bar still controls on top observe attachments) without hiding navigation bar.

IMG_20170728_215027.jpg

IMG_20170729_210543.jpg

IMG_20170729_210905.jpg

5 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

How do you fill up the album art without losing the left and right cutoff? I want the whole thing covered but nothing cut off. I got it just got for left and right but the top and bottom have gaps. It looks like crap filling up top and bottom and the left and right are cutoff.

Screenshot.jpg

Nevermind, I just saw that you said Sony, and that is what the pictures you got are from another app.

I think he is saying that Poweramp should make the album art look like the Sony apps ratio, I think what he showed was the Sony Music App and not Poweramp!

Is That The New Update?

App is perfect now. Develop skins don't change menu placements. We want transparent full screen album art like Sony album app (album art displayed as 50% transparent at full screen including navigation bar still controls on top observe attachments) without hiding navigation bar.

5 hours ago, Jason Adkins said:

Is That The New Update?

App is perfect now. Develop skins don't change menu placements. We want transparent full screen album art like Sony album app (album art displayed as 50% transparent at full screen including navigation bar still controls on top observe attachments) without hiding navigation bar.

No. I ask them to develop skin like that.

20 hours ago, chaithanya0207 said:

No. I ask them to develop skin like that.

The new skin will be material design as the most people wanted instead of the beautiful skin the alpha has now but if you like the look of the sony app maybe someone will make a theme like that. Just gotta wait a few months or longer ;)

On 28/7/2017 at 8:57 AM, Timmy Fox said:

Poweramp works just fine on Nougat. Been running that since it came out.

Actually HiRes output option was broken in 7.0, but ever since they released 7.1.1 it works just fine again.

7 hours ago, mpschahal16 said:

Any info about update........

Please read first post in thread:  Requests for ETAs are pointless, and will not make it happen any quicker! 

I wish I could tell you more, but I don't know anything further than what I've posted, and even though Max has been asked multiple times if he could update his last (23 May) post - I asked him again today in fact - he does not seem to wish to do so at the moment. 

Andre

We r still on this forum coz max is perfectionist just see the old Poweramp version we can't find any player which can match that 

All that we r waiting for new build coz we r updated to latest Android due to which high resolution is not working..

I m with max coz i know how much effort is needed to built an app from 0.......but will be happy when new version is out.....

Max just do it as fast as possible we all r waiting for new build n we r with u

I can't wait for the new version because this 704 is the only player and version that will work on the LG G6 with no skipping or audio cutting out for a split second at random through almost every song.  even the stock player has the audio cutting out for a split second so annoying.  I wish I can use skins but the newest version don't allow skins.   The EQ is hard to find and the GUI is so confusing.  i keep going to the right menu for the settings but it's moved to the left menu.  I was homing the GUI would be easier to use no harder.  I like the look of Player Pro but my phone has the audio cutting out issue with it too.  even with the buffer settings maxed out.    That being said.  Without a updated user guide i don't understand the audio tweak settings on the 704 version.  It has Audio Track output and then OpenSL ES Output.  I don't know what the difference is and what's better.  Does anyone else have audio problems with their G6?

I am frustrated waiting for the new Poweramp update and the software update for the LG G6.  The G6 is months behind on updates.  if only there was a update to fix the performance issues with playing music, and other bugs.

3 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I can't wait for the new version because this 704 is the only player and version that will work on the LG G6 with no skipping or audio cutting out for a split second at random through almost every song.  even the stock player has the audio cutting out for a split second so annoying.  I wish I can use skins but the newest version don't allow skins.   The EQ is hard to find and the GUI is so confusing.  i keep going to the right menu for the settings but it's moved to the left menu.  I was homing the GUI would be easier to use no harder.  I like the look of Player Pro but my phone has the audio cutting out issue with it too.  even with the buffer settings maxed out.    That being said.  Without a updated user guide i don't understand the audio tweak settings on the 704 version.  It has Audio Track output and then OpenSL ES Output.  I don't know what the difference is and what's better.  Does anyone else have audio problems with their G6?

I am frustrated waiting for the new Poweramp update and the software update for the LG G6.  The G6 is months behind on updates.  if only there was a update to fix the performance issues with playing music, and other bugs.

Have you checked the "Use Wakelock" setting under Settings\Misc? I had a similar problem with my LG G3 and checking this took care of it.

@nolan2112 :

Чувак, это не русский форум и никто под тебя подстраиваться не будет, используй английский или иди на 4pda.

Sorry guys, some Russian think that everyone must know russian language and all world for Russians. Moderators are free to ban him.

Archived