Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

6 hours ago, lasse said:

It's more about hearing from him that he's not dead and still working on it. Just a few words. Directly from Max. 

I wouldn't want him to spend time reading through this thread or anything.

Why on earth would he want to come on here and read all these negative comments? He's working hard, reading this crap is just gonna demotivate him.

13 hours ago, clever_man said:

Six days ago I talked with Max via Whatsapp, some information from him:

• He working hard and have no time for posting or communicating on forum. I asked few times for that but he is adamant...
  • Update for alfa can't be done because UI completely new and not ability create new built without fully working UI.

Regarding the alpha build, I did mention previously that alpha should have been updated prior to starting the beta project / UI revamp. But this was a tactical error at the time, and it is what it is. It's perfectly reasonable if Max wants to focus his efforts on the beta build, any work today on alpha couldn't be ported to beta, so it would just be a waste of time.

I think the greatest fear people have is that Max has abandoned the project. But why would the moderator continue moderating this forum if its abandonwear? And why would the developer need to post here? That's not his job.

At the end of the day we just need to be patient. Poweramp will continue to be the number 1 audio app for Android, if beta is released with minimal bugs.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im very happy with Poweramp, uses 704 build and even if my Huawei P10 is not ready for Poweramps Experimental 24 bit, I am very happy with the Sound Quality that I get from Flacs and High rez files..

It looks great it sounds great.

I dont know what people are shouting about, its a great and affordable music player, and everybody knows that Android devices needs a lot of work to fit all devices..

Keep up the good work Poweramp.

Best regards.

12 hours ago, HiFiZ said:

Why on earth would he want to come on here and read all these negative comments? He's working hard, reading this crap is just gonna demotivate him.

Did you even read my comment? I said I DON'T want him to read the thread. 

19 hours ago, lasse said:

Did you even read my comment? I said I DON'T want him to read the thread. 

True, my apologies. I was scanning over the replies, kind of misread yours I guess. You did say you'd like to hear a few words from Max, that he's still alive, which is fair enough. Problem is, once you log in, most people read would read through at least the last few replies.

I'm running nugget and I have had nothing but problems on my new device.... I bought this application months ago & they say it's only a (trial) & only last so long b******* ?ive had it for almost a month & nothing happened? I installed it on my son's phone & it was fine with some flaws, Now I have found my self going in circles with my Galaxy j7 & nothing but issues and when I download apks and all this stuff application has foreclosed and all this so I reboot and end up with the same thing again is this why people say nugget sucks or I'm just blind... I don't understand why they just can't make an application to where you buy it and it's done and over with & considering there's people that don't use their brain for what it's worth can land them with a bricked phone,  ? its for the birds fr... I understand applications come with some work but not a headache and root & a gold metal!  I love this app don't get me wrong but I'm starting to get a headache I could care less about a refund just point me in the right direction I'm doing something wrong and why I don't have these types of issues with any other application FEEL FREE PLZZ but by the way beautiful app makes music sounds so much better but if the steps were just a little bit more simpler and maybe users guide would be snack awesome......... I'd buy this app a second time. starting to hate this new update nugget fr tho...... and if anybody is offended by anything I've said my bad I'm not a phone person but with in the past month I probably know my phone inside and out updates are coming to fast  and they are not being looked over well that's why developers find themselves fixing things... 10 stats for this app fr user manual would be cool for a heads up and would solve a lot I think and my grammar and my spelling is retarded you can think Google autocorrect.... how I don't even know if I'm downloading anything right scared to considering the viruses that are out there don't take anything I said personal it's just what I'm experiencing but I think one time I did it right I know for sure because the virtualizer is gone I would like to nooooooooo so re did it and now I'm here commenting on something for my first time in my life sorry for such a long rubbishy thing but I'd rather give you a full outlook on everything then sit here and have a conversation that would last days feel me

2 hours ago, Rober said:

if anybody is offended by anything I've said my bad 

Erm, I tried to read through that whole stream-of-consciousness, but didn't actually manage to work out anything specific in there. Could you briefly bullet-point your issues, with a few carriage returns interspersed for legibility?

It might be better to write it on a proper computer too, phones are pretty useless for writing anything much beyond a few sentences.

Andre

Would like to share a few things too

• I visit these forums every few days, and would love to see the v3 like all of you people,
  • I am an OP3T user, and can't use the HiRes option even on the alpha704,
  • Frustrated with the v3 delays, I went to the Play Store and bought a few apps like BlackPlayer, Shuttle+, PlayerPro...but always find myself coming back to Poweramp because it sounds so much better than the rest of the competition,

With all that said, Poweramp does look dated on Android v7, and I would love a new Material UI and HiRes and all of that :D

Guys I was tired of waiting for new beta... And tried to find an alternative, U can say that I ve tried nearly all players but non matched Poweramp but as current new beta is buggy for Android 7  ,I still searched for good alternative and recently I found one but it is in early stages of its development and lacks some common features , I'm just listening guys so GUI doesn't bother me much ,It's 'foobar2000' ,search for it in playstore and enable OpenSL audio in settings then enable resampling and set it according to Ur taste I've set it to 96Khz.U can try this app untill new Poweramp beta release,and it's also free. ?

Thanks

11 hours ago, JJ Singh said:

Guys I was tired of waiting for new beta... And tried to find an alternative, U can say that I ve tried nearly all players but non matched Poweramp but as current new beta is buggy for Android 7  ,I still searched for good alternative and recently I found one but it is in early stages of its development and lacks some common features , I'm just listening guys so GUI doesn't bother me much ,It's 'foobar2000' ,search for it in playstore and enable OpenSL audio in settings then enable resampling and set it according to Ur taste I've set it to 96Khz.U can try this app untill new Poweramp beta release,and it's also free. ?

Thanks

I used foobar2k on galaxy S3 frankly speaking I didn't notice any difference in sound quality if I have to choose anything other than Poweramp I will choose stellio it has the best looking UI lot's & lot's of eq options feature wise close to Poweramp but it lacks bass not even close to Poweramp actually there's no other app that has the powerful bass but still stellio is a good app it's free with adds I payed only 29INR for the full version it sounds way better than jet audio  surround sound quality is even better than Poweramp V3 and jet audio. Some people say the equaliser is bad it distorted all the time I never faced it with my own settings i used both Poweramp and stellio as my daily driver I mostly use Poweramp but still I think it's a very good option

5 hours ago, Prosenjit said:

I used foobar2k on galaxy S3 frankly speaking I didn't notice any difference in sound quality if I have to choose anything other than Poweramp I will choose stellio it has the best looking UI lot's & lot's of eq options feature wise close to Poweramp but it lacks bass not even close to Poweramp actually there's no other app that has the powerful bass but still stellio is a good app it's free with adds I payed only 29INR for the full version it sounds way better than jet audio  surround sound quality is even better than Poweramp V3 and jet audio. Some people say the equaliser is bad it distorted all the time I never faced it with my own settings i used both Poweramp and stellio as my daily driver I mostly use Poweramp but still I think it's a very good option

Bro u tried to enable OpenSL & resampling in settings? as far as other features r concerned i already mentioned its early build & lack common features.. ;)

On 7/17/2017 at 0:03 PM, Prosenjit said:

I check stillio and it is far away after Poweramp.

1 hour ago, AryToNeX said:

Oh great, we're on 22 July and still no release. Is Max still alive? Is Poweramp development still active?

Yes. And Yes, but as you know it takes time. Did you have a specific need for 22 July for some reason?

Andre

I do not think it's a date, just a piece of information, something like a job or screenshots. Generally a word from Max ... And at the moment it looks like there would be no general contact with Max ... Either he did not want to reply us or no longer interested in the project

1 hour ago, rafas92 said:

Either he did not want to reply us or no longer interested in the project

I can't say I really understand his reasoning either, but for some reason he just doesn't seem to want to get involved in the forums (or any social media interaction).

I (and others who are in direct contact with him) have asked him multiple times over the last few months, but he just wants to get on with development work without any other distractions. I'm afraid that's the best answer I can give you.

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I can't say I really understand his reasoning either, but for some reason he just doesn't seem to want to get involved in the forums (or any social media interaction).

I (and others who are in direct contact with him) have asked 

Thanks, unfortunately, this is the only answer you can give. We only stay in the forum every day and wait for the news

I just came here to laugh once again that month after month, this time, how it was planned to be released at the end of last month... This is just so funny. It's already half year of "to be released in next month" announcement. Well done, good that Max is kind of Dev that almost don't exist because today we would be still using KitKat as newest Android. And holding Samsung s5 as newest device. 

Hello all! 

I have been a Poweramp user for more than 6 years, and agree with most here that it is hands down the best player there is. 

As much as I would have loved for v3 to have been released earlier, I do not feel angry, or disappointed in max in any way. By the contrary, I feel happy that he is one to put in so much effort into perfecting an app that occupies so much of my daily time, ultimately improving not only the app, but my day to day hustle as well. 

Whilst missing deadlines isnt something anyone should aspire for, it is an inherent part of product and software development. Missing a deadline really means the dev cares more than the 'legal minimum,'  and if all deadlines around the world were to be met, we'd all be very efficient at receiving ineffective and unpolished products. 

We (Poweramp users) are part of a community largely dependant on Max and those who help him. But we wouldn't be a community to start with if Max as a developer wasn't there to formulate and push out Poweramp in the first place. 

Patience always pays off, as well as respect. The attacks and overly emotional rants I have seen on this thread make me wonder why Max should feel invested at all in v3, having a target audience who is mostly disrespectful and inpatient.

I am not here to start 'beef', I am merely asking that we show patient and respect.

Daniel

(Big up to Andre for keeping the site together! )

Archived