Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

47 minutes ago, ep0ch said:

Wow so many children on here, are you even old enough for a Google play account?

This is not your project. It's the developers baby. He dictates when to release it. You paid for a version and that's all you are entitled to.

Your crying will not help. You do not know what circumstances the developer has to live with. He may have a family, a full time job, someone to care for. He may also be a code perfectionist.

What feature exactly is it that you don't seem to be able to live without. When the new version is released you will be the first person to complain about it because you are bored and have nothing important in your life to do.

Give him a break. Relax.

Admin, please keep this thread closed. It can be of no moral help for Max.

Once again I repeat : like to eat lies? Sit on your ass and say nothing.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's wrong with you people and this "entitlement" nonsense. I paid for an app, i didn't get it for free, I deserve to get updates to that app. Other developers who update their apps more than once in two years, do they've two heads?  

2 minutes ago, martinkem said:

What's wrong with you people and this "entitlement" nonsense. I paid for an app, i didn't get it for free, I deserve to get updates to that app. Other developers who update their apps more than once in two years, do they've two heads?  

+1

19 minutes ago, martinkem said:

+1

1 hour ago, martinkem said:

"full time job", you do know this is a paid app, right? 

Just because you have to pay for an app does not mean that it generates that much income that you can live from that alone.

Honestly, is it too much to contact Max through Skype or something Andre?

Max may not know what is going on in this thread, so why not just let him know that people are getting angry about this. Then he can at least clear some things up about how development is going. No need for an ETA, just a few words from him would be reassuring.

3 hours ago, Kexmeister said:

On which page were those early-beta screenshots again? They've been completely buried.

On 5/31/2017 at 10:50 AM, clever_man said:

And one more screenshot of new version Poweramp from 4pda:

3ZJK3py4D6_thumb.jpg

13 hours ago, martinkem said:

Why? I paid for this app, i expect to get value for my money.

You paid for the release version, as it was on the day you paid. Anything else in terms of updates and new editions etc. is a nice bonus, but nothing you can demand. To be honest, given the enormous amount of time and effort this is taking for one person, I'm very surprised Max hasn't decided to make v3 a paid upgrade.

Notice: If people continue to post personal jibes against other users I will close this thread again.

Andre

6 minutes ago, Supertiger said:

That would be stupid if it was a paid update..

Tell this to Microsoft and other large companies. Oops, we forgot about subscriptions! Do you still think that the $4 for major update is so stupid?

2 minutes ago, clever_man said:

Adroid always free. Poweramp is applied software, not operating system. You can compare it with MS Office.

Meh I'm not paying again for an music app update. I'm not that rich. Unfortunately if that happens, I will have to use the piracy route. Bye

10 hours ago, Danke said:

I have the trial version, do I get Hi-res audio out from phone to jack with trial?

And what is included in the payversion?

The trial version is not feature limited at all, only time limited. Same applied with the main release and the alpha-test releases.

To see if your device is supported for high-rez, go into Settings > Audio > Output. If you see an option for "Hi-Res Output (Experimental)" select that and activate that mode for Wired Headset/AUX. Note: if you are using an Android 7 device, make sure you are using build 704 of Poweramp v3.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You paid for the release version, as it was on the day you paid. Anything else in terms of updates and new editions etc. is a nice bonus, but nothing you can demand. To be honest, given the enormous amount of time and effort this is taking for one person, I'm very surprised Max hasn't decided to make v3 a paid upgrade.

Notice: If people continue to post personal jibes against other users I will close this thread again.

Andre

Heard of Nova launcher (probably the bestvapp I've paid for), i get updates every now and then without having to pay extra, same with evolve sms. Having to pay for an update would be a betrayal of early adopters. Updating apps require a lot of time but there's a large of number of developers who do it and even a larger number of developers that do it for free apps. If Max makes the next update a paid update, he's only going to add to negative word that Poweramp is getting already. People would end up boycotting his new app & whatever effort he put would be for nought. 

Imo i don't think closing the thread would solve anything. It's only going to succeed at holding back angry comments for a free days. You & Max should see the comments here as a positive, it means people still care about his app. If he's seeing this he needs to try to take an hour to do an AMA to talk to people, the silence isn't helping. It would be a shame if people move away from his app towards other music  players. 

2 hours ago, clever_man said:

Adroid always free. Poweramp is applied software, not operating system. You can compare it with MS Office.

Are you trying to compare MS Office with a music player? It would crazy if Microsoft was trying to charge to get a new version of windows media player 

Poweramp is the best music player till date. I can't compare it with anything else. I just got a new device it support 24bit 192khz audio the audio is much better than ever before. 

My previous device was galaxy S3 running RR remix & was facing some issues regarding the app force colse all the time but now every thing is fine. 

But I noticed some changes in terms of sound quality specially in the bass it's not like the bass is downgraded or the bass is less powerful. 

It's hardly noticeable on in ear headphones but on xb920 it's pretty noticeable the bass is really powerful but it's not like jaw rattling or my 920s jumping on my head or the driver's kicking on my face it's more precise tight and balanced like if you heard audio technica m50x something like that (I don't own m50x my friend has it). I tried it many times too much highs not my type.

But that doesn't mean the bass is not punchy or lesser by any means it sounds a bit different or my cans reacting differently.

I use many many sound mods on my S3 but the sound quality I'm getting is out of this world specially the sound stage the vocals, also there's so much air I really can't explain. 

I am saying this from my 5yrs experience which I learnt from XDA 

In one sentence Poweramp is sounds way better than viper, arise(all version), Devine beats, Xtreme music, Atmos etc etc etc.

Thats the only reason I can't compare Poweramp with any other music player app because if sound mods can't beat Poweramp how could some crappy music player beat Poweramp in terms of sound quality.

I register once again to show my appreciation??? 

1 hour ago, martinkem said:

Heard of Nova launcher (probably the bestvapp I've paid for), i get updates every now and then without having to pay extra,

Yes, Nova is my preferred launcher too.

I don't believe that Max has any intention of charging for new versions of PA in the foreseeable future, but I was merely pointing out that for four years work it would be quite understandable if he did so for major releases (not for bug-fixes etc obviously). After all, you don't buy a book and then when a completely updated and revised edition comes out four years later stand there in the bookshop (or Kindle download store) expecting your free new copy. Or "I bought the VHS tape, why can't I now have a free BluRay copy?". ;)

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, Nova is my preferred launcher too.

I don't believe that Max has any intention of charging for new versions of PA in the foreseeable future, but I was merely pointing out that for four years work it would be quite understandable if he did so for major releases (not for bug-fixes etc obviously). After all, you don't buy a book and then when a completely updated and revised edition comes out four years later stand there in the bookshop (or Kindle download store) expecting your free new copy. Or "I bought the VHS tape, why can't I now have a free BluRay copy?". ;)

Andre

You can't compare apps to books or CDs, you should be comparing apps to apps that's why i mentioned Nova launcher. There's a reason why it's the top Android launcher app and that's cause of the functionality and support. 

The model for which apps are sold on mobile platforms is a lot different from even desktop and laptop computers and they're even starting to take notice and adopt those model. Even Microsoft which has traditionally sold newer versions of its operating system is selling your a one time licence and updating it continuously.  Even Kanye took a continously updated approach with his last album "The Life of Pablo". 

I bought Poweramp about 3 years ago and within that period, i haven't gotten one major update and that's this current alpha. 

Archived