Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

On 2018. 04. 26. at 9:41 PM, kamiller42 said:

When evaluating a player, first thing I look for is if it is using its own audio engine or relying on Android. If relying on Android, players are a dime a dozen, and they'll all sound the same. When you narrow the field by only those with custom audio engines, you end up with PA, UAPP, Neutron, and maybe others I don't know.

BlackPlayer uses Android, so it's basically like any Android based player sound wise. Just comes down to UI preference when choosing between those.

Well, you can try it. But let me say: I could get the same db audio with power AMP only with the built in EQ and amplifier, but for BlackPlayer it was much more lauder to begin with even though it used the built in EQ that Samsung offered - you can choose it inside of the app. - AND I did not activated the Direct Volume Control in Power AMP, so the sound should have been the same, but it wasnt.

For Jack 3.5 users in my opinion BlackPlayer is currently the best with Viper4Android /Atmos.

Yep, if you have an external DAC Neutron and UAPP is good too, but honestly it doesnt make any difference, since the other players can use the external DAC as well. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, clever_man said:

Max complains that many features not working for now. Not working file operations and some categories.

Max said this around a year ago:

Good one: everything works and I'm on finishing steps.

So why is stuff still not working? 

1 hour ago, Random.Potato said:

u guys are sick just complains, complains, rants, angery, and complains.

just be patient and heckin wait for god's sake!

make your own apps! Max is working alone very hard and he almost have no friends or gf. he works hard 7/11 and 9/11.

please be pateint please!

Cmon that's mean... He must be having friends? do you expect him to be in front of a pc all day

6 hours ago, RaidenHUN said:

Yep, if you have an external DAC Neutron and UAPP is good too, but honestly it doesnt make any difference, since the other players can use the external DAC as well. 

Actually it's different, UAPP uses a custom driver so it bypasses the Android audio mixer (don't know about neutron) while all other players use the Android audio mixer and native USB driver. So it does make a difference. One can be bit perfect while the other cannot.

Also UAPP can feed a DSD stream directly to the DAC while Poweramp decodes the file and feeds a PCM stream to the DAC (DSD decoding is very demanding).

1 hour ago, SwiperRat said:

Max says....  Do not update phones, stay below Android 5.0 if you want awesome sounds with Poweramp.... Pretty sure Max is still using a device with Android 2 eclair

Frankly I wish I was still on my KitKat 4.4 ROM, all this material design nonsense still doesn't appeal to me.

Andre

15 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

Well max has not even written the 29-30 release date on the forum.. it is clever_man who has conferred it to us ..but since he is the only person involved in the development we can assume hes right

I'm not involving in development just have ability contacting with dev.

On 4/25/2017 at 5:34 PM, maxmp said:

Sorry for the delay)

I think I'm quite good at programming, but unfortunately, I'm bad on managing other developers, so basically I do everything by myself.

That of course is not speeding things up.

Also, I try to polish each feature until it works 100%. It's not possible to predict how long exactly that or this feature will take time to complete.
Especially on Android, when you may need to write whole functionality from scratch as platform-provided one is buggy, is not reliable, or plain doesn't work on some devices/ROMs.

Currently, planned v3 beta release month is set to May. This will be full featured v3 (it's basically alpha3 + new UI + fixes for recent ROMs, but not more).

Thanks!

1 Year ago......................................................................................

Archived