Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

Well the interface and animations look great.. i am worried by the fact that it is a. closed beta. I hope everyone in the forums gets to try the beta. Really a great take on material skin tbh. Cant wait for it

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

i am worried by the fact that it is a. closed beta.

Not sure how closed it will be. Max could mean that it will be available to the users here, but not released yet to the Google Play testing channels.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Not sure how closed it will be. Max could mean that it will be available to the users here, but not released yet to the Google Play testing channels.

Andre

I hope that's what he means. Closed beta means a selected bunch.

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

Yeah could be 

First time posting, last time lurking.

Max, you have done one heck of a job at changing the UI. For a developer to work by himself (making changes alongside the changing platform), it's hard to continue forward.

Poweramp's appearance reminds me of Android P's design; it's not my favorite, but I think the new features will blend well with the aesthetic. I only ask for a dark setting to be added in, however :D.

As long as there's evidence of progress, I'm happy with the app's status at this point. I know a lot of people have waited since the very beginning, but with this new beta, hopefully they may reconsider using Poweramp again.

-Clock

The video and v3 is great, I haven't tested beta but dear max, please add an 'option' to disable that zoom and unzoom animations while touching buttons, I would love to use "faster than light" experiance, I've disabled all animations in developer settings for moto g4 plus, It makes faster for the devices which don't have snapdragon 835, also add an 'option' to show next/previous songs change buttons because may be some people like me doesn't like much to rub/swipe fingers on screen more, touch buttons are good. I Appreciate your work. :)

7 hours ago, Martin Medrano said:

Can you upload custom visualizations to the current build 

Yes you can. They are milkdrop format, and any new files should be added to the /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets/ folder .

Andre

6 minutes ago, Niles said:

I think that more people should be allowed to test, so that the problem will be found faster

Yes will be found faster, but for the dev is not that easy to receive bug reports from thousands of people, is easier to work with less people, like 100- 200 persons.

40 minutes ago, ionutzpaul61 said:

Yes will be found faster, but for the dev is not that easy to receive bug reports from thousands of people, is easier to work with less people, like 100- 200 persons.

Really like when I read wise and knowledgeable posts like this one; rest of you should learn to think on behalf of the developer, step into his shoes and walk around a bit to anticipate his difficulties.

14 hours ago, Clock said:

First time posting, last time lurking.

Max, you have done one heck of a job at changing the UI. For a developer to work by himself (making changes alongside the changing platform), it's hard to continue forward.

Poweramp's appearance reminds me of Android P's design; it's not my favorite, but I think the new features will blend well with the aesthetic. I only ask for a dark setting to be added in, however :D.

As long as there's evidence of progress, I'm happy with the app's status at this point. I know a lot of people have waited since the very beginning, but with this new beta, hopefully they may reconsider using Poweramp again.

-Clock

Skins are going to be added after the fact, so there's no need to worry about the stock theme being white, looking forward to the beta

Archived