Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I don't know if he's working on Oreo, last thing he said (at the end of May) was he was making some minor adjustments and tweaks so the new interface worked correctly on all devices. But as I said, that was fourth months ago...

Andre

But you are among the administrators of Poweramp site so you gotta tell us about the update info. 

I purchased it more than an year ago and from then there is no any update. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ujjawal1810 said:

But you are among the administrators of Poweramp site so you gotta tell us about the update info. 

I purchased it more than an year ago and from then there is no any update. 

He is the forum Admin. anmd not the dev. Max is the dev and as Andre stated max has not made any contact on progress for a long time, so there is no info that he has about the update schedule.

This has to be one of the worst handled updates from an app developer. Disappearing for months on end and making impossible to meet ETAs. Max can't even keep his own forum admins informed on what's going on, I feel sorry for andrewilley having to try and keep a bunch of angry customers in line whilst not having much more information on the situation than them...

11 hours ago, Camzo said:

I feel sorry for andrewilley having to try and keep a bunch of angry customers in line whilst not having much more information on the situation than them...

LOL, thanks for the sympathy, it does get a bit wearing at times. At least if it starts to get too personal or offensive I have control of the Delete Post button. :)

Andre

It's a bit sad. The countless hours of enjoyment of having a personal music player at one's disposal is unable to overcome impatient behaviour and self-entitled complaints. Instead of requesting for dialogue patiently and tirelessly, people now resort to accusations and passive-aggressive "improvement" statements on the developer's workflow and style. 

All these, while they are still enjoying their favourite music on the player he created which they paid for.

Such is life. 

33 minutes ago, Random.Potato said:

pls. i want 24 bit/192 kHz playback in Nougat. halp pls.

You are posting in the wrong thread (please see http://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/8735-requests-for-hi-res-support-please-ensure-you-are-using-poweramp-build-704-before-requesting/ for high-rez device requests) and you don't even tell us what sort of device you have - could be an Android-based TV set for all we know. Please provide the information referred to in the first post of that thread. Thanks.

Andre

2 hours ago, quirK said:

It's a bit sad. The countless hours of enjoyment of having a personal music player at one's disposal is unable to overcome impatient behaviour and self-entitled complaints. Instead of requesting for dialogue patiently and tirelessly, people now resort to accusations and passive-aggressive "improvement" statements on the developer's workflow and style. 

All these, while they are still enjoying their favourite music on the player he created which they paid for.

Such is life. 

I just realized there is a alpha build just yesterday after buying the app for at least a few years lol. Welcome the changes but I do miss my skins though. 

Hello, few updates on development status:

- development never stopped, but the chunk is hard to chew for 1 person, for sure

- the light can be seen at the end of the tunnel :)

- posting my recent git log here:

And thank you guys for all your moral support here!

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 18.39.39.png

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

- development never stopped, but the chunk is hard to chew for 1 person, for sure

Wow.. light at the end of tunnel... True!

Waiting eagerly for the best player on Android to get better. All the best.

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

We want an alpha now! ?? 

(i don't care if there's a lot of bugs, just to try it)

Archived