Bluetooth Metadata/Control not work On my Samsung Device

Hello,

I have big problem about Bluetooth Metadata/Control on my Samsung Devices. 

I tried on Samsung Note 2 ( Android 4.3 ), Samsung S7 Edge ( Android 7.0 )  both not work :( ( Check/Uncheck metachange Intent both not work )

but on Asus Zenfone 5 ( Android 5.0 ) it working fine T_T 

this feature is important while driving a car.

iPokz

Metadata transfer vie Bluetooth has always been a little flaky, but simple playback controls (Play/Pause, and << and>> ) should work. I use a Samsung Note 3 and BT play controls work fine (although there is sometimes a delay of up to a minute after connecting before the control functions work). 

Andre 

Probably mentioned before that I also have the BT problem with my car headunit. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and I can't seem to be able to narrow it down to anything in particular. However, recently did some more experiments. 1) the Samsung music player (got a Galaxy S7 with more or less stock 7.0.x ROM) works fine. 2) a Galaxy S4 running a version of Android 6.x (CM) runs fine with the stock music player.  3) a Windows 10 phone works fine as  well.

Now, I can't remember why I was testing these other phones out but I noticed that after using them then PA (version 3 SW) on my S7 also started to work fine. For a while. I'm wondering if it could be some BT initialisation issue with PA? Just thought I'd throw out a theory ......

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe an additional data point for Max to work on, or maybe not ..... got to work yesterday after BT was working OK for once. i.e. the track title/artist was scrolling on my car head set as it should. At work I hardly use my phone so when I left the same track was at the same position to play again. However, when it finished and a new track came on the old BT data was still on the headunit suggesting the new one hadn't been downloaded.

This works fine with other players as I mention above.

Over to Max .....

• 3 weeks later...

Poweramp has stopped working between my Galaxy S7 Edge and my cars head unit after upgrading to Nougat.  After some testing last night, it appears all my other audio players correctly report track title / artist and respond to key commands.  This was working fine in Poweramp as well before the OS upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

Another data point for Max maybe. Went to work yesterday with no tags appearing on my stereo via PA. Track finished part way through. During the day I played about with an app called TuneIn Radio whilst nowhere near my car (which was turned off and locked in the car park). Left work, started PA again at the place I'd left off that morning and noticed mp3 tags appearing on my stereo. 'Oh, it's decided to work today' I thought. Then I noticed that the tags were from the TuneIn Radioapp that I'd played with (and exited) a couple of hours previously. Got home and started another mp3 player app, played one of the songs that had just been playing via PA and lo and behold the correct mp3 tags appeared on my stereo.

So, not sure what's happening from a SW viewpoint but it's not ROM related and it's not car stereo related (in my case), it just seems to be PA.

Archived