Setting: PowerAMP screen always on -avoiding "stand by" mode

george

Hello,

please how to setup that when Poweramp app is running on HTC Desire (Android 2.2) that it stays still visible for the whole time when it is running (don´t get "hidden" by the phone power saving settings). In other words: I´d like that the Poweramp is behaving like any for example navigation software - it´s always on/visible on the phone display when is being used. Hope you can understand my question.

Thank you,

Jiri

PS: If this topic was already clarified - sorry to ask again but I didn´t find it in the discussions.

Thanks for your reply but you probably didn´t get the point I was raising. The only think I need to know is that when Poweramp is in use (e.g. when playing songs), that it´s always visible on the phone display (like when you use navigation app). Currently the situation is that after 1 minute (this 1 minute is the time set by me in the phone settings, that the display is "shining" or active if you want) the display switches to the dark=locked status and so is protected from any unwanted actions caused by touching the display for example in the pocket, etc. This "phone display locking function" is not active when using for instance any navigation application - otherwise you couldn´t be navigated whithout to see the map on the display. So the navigation software should logically turn off this "phone display locking function". And I´m only asking how to set it up in your Poweramp, that I can see all the nice cd covers and songnames when I run it.

Hope now you understand better what I was asking before :-)

I see, you can force your phone not to sleep when PowerAMP activities are on screen with PowerAMP Settings => Look and feel tweaks => Keep screen on option.

You can still turn screen off as usually with power button, or phone will sleep if PowerAMP screens are closed/hidden.

Thanks!

Archived