There are issues with newer versions of Nougat that came out after this alpha-test was released. They should be sorted out by the time v3 becomes the official version though. Sometimes disabling manufacturer-specific modes (such as HTC's Beats) might help, and also turning off DVC in Poweramp can help.

Andre 

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

There are issues with newer versions of Nougat that came out after this alpha-test was released. They should be sorted out by the time v3 becomes the official version though. Sometimes disabling manufacturer-specific modes (such as HTC's Beats) might help, and also turning off DVC in Poweramp can help.

Andre 

Where do I find "Beats"?

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

That's only relevant to certain devices, I meant any special audio-processing modes that the phone provides, Beats was just an example for HTC devices.

Andre

Ahh ok. I just got my HTC 10 Tuesday. It has Android 7 and all the updates, at least it says the phone is up to date when I try OTA updates, buy I'm still seeing16 bit sound with Poweramp.