I saw there were other threads about this but I didn't want to necro something a few months old. I've pieced together all the advice from various threads and tried everything, but I'm still having some of the problems others have described. I figured a new thread with everything laid out (+ an error log to accompany this thread via email) would help with troubleshooting
Poweramp build number: build-893-arm64-play [893004-dd1054bc]
Device model: Samsung Galaxy S10e
Android version: 11
ROM name/version: N/A (stock/not rooted)
Steps to reproduce/bug description:
1. start casting to Chromecast w/ Google TV
2. hit play
3. the first couple seconds of audio are heard, followed by 14~16 seconds of silence, and then the audio picks back up and the rest of the song plays through
Mitigating things I've tried in various combinations:
- Forced output to 44.1 kHz / 16 bit
- Set buffer to max value (4000 ms)
- Tried stopping (i.e. long-press on the pause button) and starting the music
- Tried different bitrates of MP3s (192 kbps, 320 kbps, VBR)
- EDIT: Also turned off background power saving for both the app and the unlocker.
- My WiFi signal is quite strong. The router is within 5ft line of sight to both my phone and the Chromecast. (I know other apps stream from the cloud, but I had Steam Link games working earlier and it tested my Chromecast's connection at >100Mb/s.)
- I can stream music from my desktop to the Chromecast just fine (MP3s, not radio apps)
- I've never had trouble casting to older Chromecasts with this same phone/app. My friend's older-model CC on a lower quality WiFi network works just fine and I've never had to mess with Poweramp's settings to get it working.
- I've attached my full audio info chain as an image
- I'm emailing a support log and referencing this thread
I hope this is everything you need to be able to troubleshoot this. It looks like I'm not the only one with this model of Chromecast that's having this problem!