Poweramp

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. maxmp

v3 build 823 - High Battery Consumption

@NicoleSPoweramp v3 alone is not cause of your battery issue (see my posts above with the screenshots). Yes, there can be Google services associated issues, but Poweramp itself is the most optimized Android player out there, it's even able to be better than (stock player) "hardware" optimized playback on some devices (it's actually a specialized hexagon cpu inside SOC, so it's software too) on e.g. Qualcomm platform. Google services are disabled when Chromecast Button is disabled in Poweramp Look and Feel / Player UI settings. If you feel power usage is more than expected, please do a continuous playback and post your battery stats screenshot. Thanks!
  3. I would certainly expect to see a corresponding UP event at the end of a button press. The app that I use for the exact same purpose (headset cable track changing) shows button DOWN and then UP. Andre
  4. There are no ACTION_UP events, that might be the issue.
  5. Are there corresponding ACTION_UP ending events to match each ACTION_DOWN? Andre
  6. Device: Xiaomi Mi A1 Android version: 9.0 Poweramp version: v3 Build 823 Report: The app Skip Tracks Settings and others allow long-pressing the volume buttons to skip tracks: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-skip-track-volume-keys-t3914337 It works on every music app I've tried except for Poweramp. Apparently Poweramp does catch the commands, judging by the beeps that I hear after trying to skip to the next or previous track, but doesn't actually skip tracks. The Last Processed Commands list from Poweramp has entries like the following: 09:24:56.422 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON KEYCODE_MEDIA_NEXT ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=172513786 playerState=1 09:24:58.763 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=172516127 playerState=1 I tried the Single press, Double/triple press, and Long press settings in the Wired Headset section, but nothing worked. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?
  7. Today
  8. Those songs are only missing from the playlists, they exist. Some of the remaining songs are from SD card 1 as well as 2. So it is not always just the songs from one card missing. Having just created a new playlist in PA I am beginning to doubt whether I have done that with the playlist called 'set' that has entries missing. I know I have made a number of playlists in JRiver and copied them to the DAP (after editing to create the right pointers). This was before I made my DAP my main music center. So I delete songs in PA and create/modify playlists in PA on the DAP. A few times a year I copy the whole lot to my laptop as a backup. The JRiver playlists worked for a long time without a problem. In the past months, probably after a PA update, I lost several lists enterely. Some came back after a full rescan. But I think I have had to restore several lists from my backup. I didn't keep track of what I did in order to make it work again, being happy the problem seemed solved. When I backed up the playlists from my DAP I did so my copying the lists in Windows Explorer. That seemed to be working. Songs added from within PA showed up in the playlists when I checked after copying/backing up. So restoring followed the same route. Copy paste. Not via import/export. Working on this issue, since you asked, I opened a playlist in Notepad. This list, as all others (except for the new 'test' list I just made) are sitting in the root of the internal storage. It shows about a 100 songs, but only 13 show up in PA. All the missing ones are on SD card 1. Though that is selected in music folders and I have done a full rescan. In the other case I mentioned it was less clear cut, because it still contained songs from SD card 1. In settings-music folders I first unchecked the internal storage where the playlists are located. The automatic scan followed, rendering all playlists absent (except the 'test' one I just created). And then I selected the internal storage again. After the ensuing scan it brought back the missing songs in the playlist mentioned above. But not the ones missing from 'set'. In this case are was also no difference between the list in Notepad and in PA. As music folders I have, as always, selected the entire internal storage, the entire SD card 1 and the entire SD card 2. One playlist shows yet another issue. Opening it in Notepad gives 19 songs. In PA however I count 23 songs! The difference are 4 songs at the bottom of the list in PA, all recent additions. But where are they stored? So there is a difference between what was imported/copied and what was added from within PA? But why do the recently added songs show up in one list and not in another ? Yet another playlist shows the following: I recently added 14 songs to it, from within PA. I see them on my DAP screen. When I look at the playlist in Notepad however I see only 2 recently added songs. After that there is a partial reference only: /storage/sdcard1/Hanne Hukkelberg/Rykestrasse 68/07 Break my Body.mp3 /storage/sdcard1/Hanne Hukkelberg/Rykestrasse 68/09 Pynt.mp3 /storage/sdcard2/Lonely-Drifter-Karen/Grass-Is-Singing/1_9_Lonely-Drifter-Karen_Carousel-Horses_6.flac /storage/sdcard2/Lonely-Drifter-Karen/Grass-Is-Singing/1_6_Lonely-Drifter-Karen_Casablanca_6.flac /storage The only irregular symbols in the playlists are underscores in stead of a space. In the internal storage I also have folders from Neutron and from UAPP. Could they interfere? Only 5 gb used of the 25 available on the internal storage, so that can't be it. The playlists I have are a mix of .M3U and .M3U8. Though the content seems the same to me. Could the fact that I have 2 SD cards of 400 gb play a role? Hopefully this brings you a bit further. George
  9. I know better one which worked for me it's called NavBar apps (it's free, and there is even navbar coloring feature so you can match your navbar color with app color). I was using it until Samsung let hide navbar totaly (gestures feature now in OneUI) and it worked totaly fine hope this hepls you
  10. andrewilley

Playlist m3u detection broken since 823 update

Do all of the 'missing' songs appear in Poweramp's main library views - e.g. All Songs, Folders, Albums. If not, then the problem could be in scanning permissions (check Settings > Library > Music Folders). No song can be shown in a Playlist in PA if that song is not present (scanned) in the main library database first. When you said you created M3U playlists within Poweramp, do you mean you first created them as internal playlists (which is the only way you can do it in PA) and then used the 'Export Poweramp Playlists' feature to create .M3U8 versions? What do the files actually look like if you open them in a text editor, do the paths and filenames match your device's file system correctly? Are there any unusual characters in any of the filenames or paths (international characters, etc)? If so, try renaming any .M3U files to .M3U8. Andre
  11. Indeed it has happened before after an update. Some playlists gone entirely, others wiped (almost) clean. This time no lists have gone but a series of entries in at least one particular list have. This is definitely recent since I often play from this list. I created the list within PA and added to it from within PA. All my lists are .M3U. In the course of the existence of this list I have copied it back and forth to my laptop. Either to make a backup or to restore it after another destruction by a PA update. Not sure if anything changes during this process, don't think it does. In any case, this time round the playlist is still there, only curtailed. Maybe there is something in the following: I also USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP). The reason for this, by the way, is the fact that Poweramp had never implemented HiRes for my Pioneer XDP-100R, though I have asked for it 3 years ago. Anyway, this player also has an issue with playlists on my DAP. It does not show them the regular way. I have to go to the root, tap on a list and watch a conversion/parsing process into something that can be read by the software. I cannot add to a playlist. This parsing has to happen every time. I noticed that one playlist has 250 songs in it in UAPP but only 69 in PA. More playlists have this discrepancy. Looking into it further I also noticed that UAPP does show songs from SD card 1 as well as SD card 2 while PA only displays songs from SD card 2 in the PA playlists with this difference in number of songs. Could that be something? Though it does not explain why one particular playlist has lost a series I have done a full rescan after the update. The cards have not left my player for a while.
  12. cal79

No new album art only on Artists tab

Great tip, thank you Andre. Cheers!
  13. blaubär

Fine control over seek

As I see it, this finer control is due to the rotary nature of the volume control : the perimeter of a circle grows with the distance from the center, so you have finer control if you move your finger away from the knob. With a linear control as the waveseek bar this won't work.
  14. NicoleS

Super frustrated. I loved this app back on V2. Now it's beyond awful. Yes, I've uninstalled, restarted phone, reinstalled. CURRENT SPECS: Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9+ Android 9 App version: v3-Build-823-play (full version) Nothing custom other than 128gb micro sd that my music lives on. ISSUES: - High battery consumption. - Crashes (but claims it was killed) - Music ends up with no audio but is still playing DETAILS: Had Poweramp on last phone also, worked perfectly with S8+ and Android 8.0 - got a S9+, also Android 8.0 and things still great. Then v3 came out. I listen to music pretty much every moment I'm not at work. V3 starts crashing occasionally when left on overnight - after 10-16 hours since I start app when I clock out. And sometimes it's still playing but no audio. Media volume fine. Close and open, no audio. IF I PULL MEDIA BACK (REWIND) AUDIO STARTS AGAIN. Weird and annoying, but not worth effort to post here. Then Pie. Battery drained in less than 6 hours, even when app not in use. Google Play Services killing it. Flip out at Samsung. Safe mode has normal battery consumption. Leave safe mode, battery drained too fast again. Meanwhile app keeps crashing, and then complaining that Android is killing it and I need to enable permissions. They're already enabled, and phone is plugged into charger, and at 100%. BS. Half the time after it crashes and lies about being killed I have to start up twice because after the first time it gives killed error it crashes again immediately, and complains about being killed again. Still occasionally audio stops and I have to rewind to get it going. Sometimes I plug in headphones and it doesn't start. On lock screen, if app hasn't been running recently my phone tells me I have to set up a media player, but if it was running recently, app widget is available on lock screen. Now, both Google Play Services AND Poweramp are decimating my battery, and I'm getting complaints about Poweramp using too much cpu. More often than not when I wake up in the middle of the night there's no music. I paid for this app. Not a ton, but it wasn't free. No contact for support except here. Looks like many others have had trouble. Where is the fix at? Really frustrating. Very upset, and uninstalling. Hope this gets fixed so I can use it again.
  15. gdeff

Fine control over seek

I love the volume and other controls in equalizer/effects screens of Poweramp. Especially the fine control provided by moving finger farther away from center of volume knob as I'm "turning" it. Is there a skin or setting that can add this finer control to wave seek and static seek bars? That is, finer control over speed of seek the farther finger is away from bar?
  16. andrewilley

Go into the Artist view for Pantera, then tap on the three-dots icon and select "Image". You can then choose artwork. If nothing suitable is found and displayed, you can choose an image from your Gallery instead. It works in much the same way as selecting Track artwork. Andre
  17. maxmp

@PAfan unfortunately this is not reproducible on my Pixel 2 XL - Poweramp can plays 16+ hours non-stop (LTE module disabled + Wifi ON) on this device. So this should be something else or something else in combination with Poweramp, as Poweramp is perfectly capable of very long playback and the background playback / audio engine is on the same level optimization or better than v2. Though, of course stuff like hi-res (192khz/24bit) playback require 4x+ processing power (and on devices, not supporting Hi-Res on 3.5 output, like Pixels, it will take even more, as it should resample back to 48khz).
  18. Yesterday
  19. WiGgLr

hmm, maybe it's related to notifications and how they adjust the volume, I'll try fiddling with those settings
  20. cal79

Aha! That would explain it. I was confusing artist image with album cover art. Duh. Thanks for sorting me out 🙄
  21. luckman

This is strange workaround that works for me (Xiaomi mi5): Set 'silent' mode on phone before entering headphones. With it I couldn't represent this bug, without it bug is represented with probability ~60-80% Maybe it will help someone else
  22. andrewilley

Looks to me like there is no Artist image for Pantera at all (nothing showing in the grid view, and nothing in the Artist view). There is however Album Cover artwork for the album Cowboys from Hell. Andre
  23. cal79

Thank you and I apologize, but I'm still confused. See the three pics in the zip file as an example of art not showing up in the Artists view but actually showing up when drilling in. This is from a Pantera CD rip on my PC, copied to my phone. No album art in my in-folder files. So PA found and applied the art everywhere expected except the one spot. Is this expected behavior? Just seems odd to me that the same one global image file would not be applied everywhere where it made sense (?) Thanks for your patience with what is hopefully not too dumb a question :) wvjTNO.zip
  24. Mr_SeLeNiO

Poweramp Build 823

is it just me or we can't set Poweramp as default music player in google assistant anymore? I can play if I ask directly "play whatever in Poweramp", but I want to be able to just say "play whatever" and directly go to Poweramp, wich it should be possible to set up in google assistant's settings>music>music service, but Poweramp is not in the list
  25. The price should be US$3.99, or whatever your local equivalent currency converts to. Andre
  26. Yes , that´s a local popular way of payment (bank slip) Well I will give it a try , it is only 15 bucks anyway. Thanks
  27. Must be a regional thing with PayPro then, on my PC browser in the UK market I see three payment choices: Credit/Debit Card, PayPal, or QIWI (which I believe is a Russian payment system?). If it works for you though, great! Andre
  1. Load more activity