Poweramp

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. andrewilley

Resuming long track

Then your problem is probably nothing to do with the long tracks feature after all. It seems that when you shut your device down, the process is not allowing PA to save its state properly. Andre
  3. ultrarunner2019

Resuming long track

Nope. When I play a 'short' song (which is shorter than the minimum set for 'Track Duration for Per Track Progress'), play returns to 0:00 after a reboot. This is after hitting pause while playing, closing PA, and rebooting.
  4. Today
  5. Becko

Poweramp fonts issue

Thank you very much Andre for your support. Now everything is fine.
  6. Nightshade Ghostaltar

Yaps - Yet Another (free) Poweramp Skin

You're right, sorry for hijacking your post man! I'll shut up now lol
  7. andrewilley

Resuming long track

As I said, PA shouldn't need to specifically save long-track positions when exiting, as it should remember the position of the current track that was playing, regardless of length. What happens with a regular short track? If you let something play to half-way through and then reboot your phone, does it come back to that mid-point when PA is next restarted (it should). Andre
  8. andrewilley

Poweramp fonts issue

Looks like they are encoding as UTF-8 format text, but perhaps mis-flagged? Try forcing PA to use a different tagging format via Settings > Library > Scanner > Tag Encoding. Try forcing either of the Western options maybe? If that doesn't work, please upload a sample file which causes this problem for checking. Andre
  9. ultrarunner2019

Resuming long track

Yes. It will return to the 30:00 minute position after rebooting, rather than the later position. So I guess the feature to save track progress on long tracks applies only to changing to another track, and not rebooting the phone. Saving while rebooting is probably something that should be handled by Android. So, I will just have to remember to change to another track just prior to shutting down the phone if I want to return to the current position in the long track. Not a problem - just that I need to remember to do this. Another option would be to leave my phone powered on all the time, and just turn off the ringer. I tend to shut it down at night, as I sometimes receive unwanted calls at all hours of the night.
  10. johncaulfield

HOW TONTURN OFF VISUALIZATION???

In my case, because once I found a way to turn off a feature I never wanted and never deliberately enabled, I didn't memorize the non-obvious UI element that controlled it. When it was accidentally enabled again by a random touch on the icon, the visualization makes it hard to see the rest of the UI so I wasn't reminded of it. I'm completely with PatM on this point.
  11. Hello dear, I have a fonts issue. My artists and song names are in English but the player doesn't show them correctly. How could I resolve the problem?
  12. andrewilley

Resuming long track

13. andrewilley

Resuming long track

I can't see any reason for PA to store its new special 'long track saved position' while that track is still currently playing (or even paused), as that ought to be handled by PA's saving of the playback position of any currently playing track between sessions anyway. I think what seems toe be happening is that the current playback position is not being saved when you reboot your device, but if there was a previous long-track saved position then it would return to that as a 'new' track. Try playing to 30mins in, skip to another track (so it saves the 30:00 value) and then go back to the track, move to a different position in the song and reboot. See if it returns again to the 30:00 mark. Andre
  14. ultrarunner2019

Remember playback positions in tracks

In my experience with PA V3 build 828, the 'Store/Restore Per Track Progress' feature will not function as expected if you restart or shut down and power up your phone. Refer to this thread for details on my issue: What I found is this: In order for PA to remember track progress when returning to a long track - after having listened to another track - you must indeed pause the long track and listen to another track. If you simply pause the long track, then close PA (or not) and restart your phone, it will return to the beginning of the long track. ** keep reading this post for clarification on this *** So it appears that the track position is being written to the storage on the phone only when you switch to another track. Here is another scenario: You are listening to a long track, and have Store/Restore Per Track Progress enabled. You are 30 minutes through a 60 minute track. You hit pause, and listen to something else on PA. With or without restarting your phone, you later resume playing the long track. PA will remember where you were, and restart the track at 30 minutes - the position you were at when you paused it. Now, let's say you listen to another 15 minutes of the long track - so you're now at 45 minutes. For some reason, you need to reboot your phone. You do not leave the long track to listen to anything else before closing PA (actually, it makes no difference if you close PA or not) and rebooting your phone. You restart your phone, and open PA. Sure enough, the long track you were listening to is up as the current track. But when you press play, you find that it begins playing from the 30 minute position you were at before you paused it to listen to that other track, not the 45 minute position you were at before you rebooted your phone. I believe this is a bug, or maybe just an oversight by the developers. For whatever reason, PA only writes the Per Track position into storage (non-volatile memory) when the long track is paused and another track is selected, but not when the track is only paused, and no other track is selected. That said, if you simply pause the long track (or any track, long or short) and close PA - but do not restart your phone - then return to PA and resume playing the same track, it will begin play at the point you left off. This, as has been stated here, has nothing to do with Per Track Progress.
  15. ultrarunner2019

Resuming long track

I have finally shed some light on what is happening here: The play position WILL RESTORE position on a long track if I am playing that (long) track, and then SELECT ANOTHER TRACK to play, and then RETURN TO THE LONG TRACK. It will then restart playing the long track from where it was when I left it to select another track. It will do this even if I shut down or restart the phone between playing the other track and returning to the long track. In addition: After the phone has been shut down or restarted, the play position on the long track will always return to where it was when I paused it to play another track - not to the position it was at when I shut down or restarted the phone. If I pause the long track (or any track), then close PA but do not restart the phone, play will always resume where I paused it - regardless of length of track. This of course has nothing to do with Store/Restore Per Track Progress. When 'Store/Restore Per Track Progress' is turned off, then play will always restart at 0:00 after switching to another track and returning. This just confirms that the feature is working. In summary: In order for Store/Restore Per Track Progress to function, the user must: 1) Be listening to a track that is longer than the setting of 'Track Duration for Per Track Progress'. 2) Pause the long track, and switch to another track. 3) Return to the long track. I would appreciate if someone could test this action, so I can confirm that this is how the feature is supposed to function. Thanks Ultrarunner
  16. Koi

Playlist missing tracks

Indeed, in the folder selection screen "Music" is ticked (by which all of its subfolders are also automatically ticked and I didn't touch them so all of them are ticked). Ah, forgot to include that, yes I did try the Full Rescan option to no avail. However... ...I started reading up some infos here at the forum (I think it may have been from you actually) and I found something I wasn't aware so far that the app is capable of interpreting "close enough" paths in a playlist file (e.g. one simply copied from a PC provided the relevant folder structure is identical -- which in my case it is, a perfect mirror of the music folders & files on my PC). So I simply copied the playlist from my PC "as is" and now for some reason the app recognized the tracks directly within the "Music" folder (rather than just its subfolders' content). With which my issue is technically solved, although I'm still curious what may have caused this sudden misbehaviour...
  17. -Latest Poweramp version (v3 build 828 play). -Htc 10. -android 8.0. As the title tells, lately, each time I open the app, I have to wait a while until the app fetches the album arts of each song and album. I tried turning off the option that downloads covers online but nothing changed.
  18. flyingdutchman

I think we have slightly gone off topic.
  19. Nightshade Ghostaltar

True, I used to leave them flat as Samsung has it's own sound settings, so now they are "flat" but raised up the top, I find that since I got Pie, the sound seems lower than it was, not muddy like others have said, it just seems quieter than it used to be, Ill try as you said and just leave master fully up, and play with eq a bit, thanks Andre
  20. gothmog05

Flac file song duration wrong

Fixed. Flac file tag was wrong. EAC but a (FLAC ID3v2) tag on the files. Changed the tag to a FLAC (FLAC) tag with Mp3tag and all works.
  21. andrewilley

Via any file-sharing site (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc). Or you could email it to Max directly right from Poweramp lists, long press on song > Send > Gmail to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com. Andre
  22. gothmog05

How would i go about uploading a sample?
  23. andrewilley

Playlist missing tracks

Seems very odd. As the root-level songs still appear in the Library views, I assume that you have the whole source folder (SD card/Music/) ticked in the Settings > Library > Music Folders list, rather than just the subfolders? Have you tried a FULL rescan (in Settings > Library) ? Andre
  24. andrewilley

FLAC encodes can sometimes have this issue, it's normally to do with the duration tags in the file. I thought it had been fixed though from a past user with a similar issue. Could you upload a sample in case a work-around can be added to a future release? Andre
  25. Koi

Playlist missing tracks

Hi all! I noticed yesterday that some of my file based (M3U8) playlists are missing certain tracks. I started investigating and figured out a pattern. First I am going to describe my file structure: there is one folder called "Music" on an SD card (<< all music that are in playlists are in this folder and subfolders) my playlists are created on PC, transformed so that the access path meets the phone's and then copied over to the Internal storage a playlist entry on PC: D:\Music\For What It's Worth.mp3 "transformed" (i.e. text-edited) playlist entry on the phone playlist: SD card/Music/For What It's Worth.mp3 The problem is that ALL music that is directly within the "Music" folder (so not subfolders) disappeared from all the playlists overnight! So basically if I have something like SD card/Music/Bon Jovi/2013 - What About Now (Deluxe Edition)/I'm With You.mp3 it is in the playlist, no problem. Everything that is in a subfolder is fine. But all the ones like SD card/Music/For What It's Worth.mp3 are simply missing from all playlists! the tracks from the "Music" folder appear in the player, are searchable, etc. (so they are found, no problem) the physical M3U8 files are untouched, all entries are still in the file (and no file corruption afaik) if I remove the "Music" folder from the scanned folders then all playlist entries (in every playlist) will become like "ghost" (i.e. unplayable of course) but all the entries are shown again, even the ones directly in the "Music" folder. But alas they are unplayable like this of course. What is happening? I so far tried: re-scannig playlists, then folders too deleting and re-copying all playlists turning all scanned folders off then on deleting cache deleting app data At this point I'm not sure uninstalling would work. The issue appeared from one day to the next I don't recall any updates to Poweramp and I don't recall doing anything unusal to the phone. In all my years I never had a problem with playlists so far, but without them I will stop using Poweramp.
  26. gothmog05

I us Poweramp on my Nvidia K1 tablet. All my music is ripped as flac files using exact audio copy. For some reason i have a few albums that only a few songs can be played and all the rest show up as only 1 or 2 seconds long. I installed Foobar2000 on my tablet just to see if its an issue with the rip, but it has not trouble playing all of the music. Not sure what to do. Help
  27. I have indeed, but they don't tackle the main issue for me. "Album Artist Label for Albums" is useful when browsing the normal "Artists" category to identify the group of each album they participated in (and just more logical than the alternative), but doesn't affect the "Album Artists" category when enabled/disabled. And "Album Artist Label for Tracks" is exactly what I don't want lol What you say I agree with 100%. "Album Artist" performs the main role of grouping all songs of different artist fields properly, so it not only will have much less detail than the Artist field, but sometimes it may even be confusing (a single track showing it's artist field as "Various Artists" probably won't convey much to the user).
  1. Load more activity