All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. So I did some testing, culprit seems to be VLC player somehow: When switching the VLC "audio output" option from "AudioTrack" to "OpenSL ES", nothing except for a short pause happens, BUT when switching back to "AudioTrack" with VLC enabled in Poweramp "known players", there is no sound at all though the track is still playing. When Poweramp processing is then disabled there is still no sound. Equalizer works only temporarily when 1. selecting "OpenSL ES" output while "known player" processing is disabled, 2. selecting "AudioTrack" as output in VLC and then 3. enabling VLC processing in Poweramp "known players". BUT THIS ONLY WORKS UNTIL THE END OF THE TRACK! Spotify is still fully equalized but VLC has no sound so that you have to go through the procedure above again, for each track!
  3. Today
  4. Not sure what I can say further, clearly there is something about your system (either in settings or apps) that is conflicting for you. I too have a Galaxy A54 5G (latest Android 14 ROM) and the equalizer works fine with everything that I enable in the Known Players list (e.g. YouTube, Spotify, Samsung Music, Rocket Player, Podcast Addict - even just playing video files from the Gallery). That's either using the built-in speaker or via a USB-C DAC to 3.5mm headset. I don't have any other system audio enhancements enabled (Dolby, etc) apart from 'Change Step Volume' in Samsung Sound Assistant, which is set to 2. I assume you've tried a clean uninstall and reinstall, without bring back any old settings for testing purposes? Andre
  5. Equalizer is not working again. VLC and Spotify are both shown and activated in "known players" but not being processed.
  6. Yesterday
  7. Thank you for the clear answer. I'm just afraid that YAPS would cost me too much time to actually just rebuild the built-in skin and add my two wishes.
  8. @userone YAPS is the only skin that offers the volume slider on the front UI. You can choose to put it on the left or right hand side over albumart or below it. In addition you can swap seekbar with a volume slider. As for the miniplayer, YAPS has lots of background option. Give it a try
  9. And one more thing: In many apps, I can double-click on a slider to set it to zero. Zeroing the knobs or sliders in the EQ section of Poweramp is very tedious without this feature.
  10. One other player I use sometimes has the possibility to adjust the volume with a swipe of two fingers up or down. I wish that this would be also possible in Poweramp.
  11. Hi, since some days I'm happy with Poweramp after using another app for some years. I like the build in dark skin but I'm missing two little things. I prefer to have a volume adjustment on the main screen and I would like the mini player a little more in contrast to the list items for example with a small white border or a different color. Is there a skin that has these two things without having to adjust three million other variables?
  12. No, it's not doable for commercial music services. For music to be played in Poweramp (even from a playlist) it needs to be present in the local Music Library database, which clearly a track from Deezer, Spotify, etc will not be. If you can map your LAN-based storage location as a SMB/CIFS folder on your device, that can be added to your Poweramp Music Folders list and scanned into the Library (but be warned it could be very slow): You can put streaming music sources into Playlists though (which will then be shown in the 'Streams' category in the Library). That also includes online MP3 or other audio files for which there is a specific playable URL path. For example https://freetestdata.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Free_Test_Data_500KB_MP3.mp3 could be added to PA's Library and/or played from a playlist. There are feature requests to allow simpler playback of LAN-based storage (e.g. local NAS files) or from the user's online storage, but both are actually currently quite low down in the voting order. You can add your vote anyway (once your account has sufficient posts & membership time): Andre
  13. Hi Tried searching and reading but cannot find if and how I can do this. This is from playing in my home only - nor necessary to work when I'm traveling or outside - would be superb if it could) What I need is to create a playlist with files from both my local files (both on my phone and through folder on usb-storage attached to my router) and from streaming services (eg. Deezer) and podcast services (eg. Slate and/or pocketcast) Eg.: 1. Motorhead - ace of spades (local usb) 2. Political gabfest (slate.com) 3. Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop (Deezer) 4. ... Hope it is doable 🙂 Thanks/ Ulrik
  14. @xTc2k Even with the DUMP permission and extra Player Tracking, an app still has to notify the system that it is playing audio - for example Dropbox can play audio files, but when doing so it does not seem to announce itself as a media player (and does not appear in the media player notification pulldown). You may also need to start audio playback before an app appears in the Known Players list (e.g. the system Gallery app is not there until you actually start playing a video clip with sound). Andre
  15. It's working now somehow and most players are supported. Though I have to say, the Apps "MusicTube" (used for continued playback of youtube videos even when screen off) and cloud storage "MEGA" are not supported, so I have to use an third party Equalizer for these. Thanks and greetings
  16. @Masklin Yes, the problem here is that your sample files had a ReplayGain tag which had a value of zero. Thus Poweramp will apply that zero boost value as instructed (plus or minus the additional overall 'RG Preamp' setting in the RG Menu). See my earlier post showing you the zero-value tag contents in your files, using MP3Tag, TagScanner, and as a raw binary dump: Andre
  17. I understand If I could buy a version for my Google Chromecast 4.0 it would be great because this equalizer makes the sound great on any device. I don't know anything about creating applications. I just think that this application has really huge potential. And the quality it offers would be eagerly sought by many users, perhaps of various platforms and certainly of smartphones.
  18. @Rogs There is a pretty extensive Feature Requests list for the Android version already, and as there is only one developer I can't see that he would be able to simply drop all that in order to write a whole new version for a new platform. There has been some talk of a cross-platform development tool, but again I suspect it would be a lot of work to port over to using that too. Someone recently asked for an XBox version too. Andre
  19. Last week
  20. Hey @maxmp, I swear I had enabled email notifications but I still didn't get any... I interpret your post to mean that Poweramp is working as intended. However, these opus files that I sent get their RG tags set by foobar2000 just like all other audio files I listen to... but they're either too faint or too loud, I constantly have to change the volume manually. How can we work around this? Shall I send you an example opus file that has proper RG interpretation in Poweramp?? Sincerely, Masklin
  21. I am very sad to read it because after 15 years I changed the system to iOS and how much I miss Poweramp equalizer because it greatly improved the sound quality on the Bluetooth devices I use. The quality of this equalizer is so high and it improves the sound quality so much that I think iOS customers can be a great target group for this product.
  22. There are no particular plans to release an iOS version of the Poweramp Equalizer app, nor of the main Music Player app. They are Android products. Andre
  23. Hi. When you are going to relase Apple iOS powramp?
  24. Even if the Year tag is yyyy-mm-dd, Poweramp only parses the first four year digits when it saves the tag to its database. There is a feature request to allow extended variants in the future though, you can vote for it here once you account is mature enough: Using "sort" tags is also something that has been requested. Andre
  25. I recently started using Poweramp on my Walkman a few days ago and I was wondering if there was a way to sort albums from the full date like YYYY/MM/DD. I don't have that style currently on my music, but because the Walkman uses the "sort as" field for sorting, I put the dates in that field for a better, chronological library. It would be great if I could configure Poweramp to sort using that field or the folders for albums. I'm still new to this, so if this is already a setting, please let me know :)
  26. Glad to hear that, now I just need to wait for a few days.🤓
  27. Same problem here. I can only get it working by force stopping Apple Music, then it's good for the current song, but on the next one it stops working again.
  28. Ah okay, i guess then it won't be coming to xbox because a 5/6 figure donation is to much for me. Thank you for answering.
  1. Load more activity