All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sure, but I did it in another way. In v3.3 I will remove the rounded shapes on Luminous because I added the Blur Background Color Overlay option to fix some elements on Player UI not visible/readable. This option also available on Aurora and Luminous Black.
  3. Is it possible to get rid of this ugly looking boxes. It looks really bad while visualisation is on or if I use blur mode. There was a skin called default dark skin made by Andrewg had an option to desable those square backgrounds. Is it possible to implement something similar or just plain text with out those square backgrounds would be really helpful
  4. Today
  5. Correct. When viewing by Genre you will see a long list of albums which contain tracks that are tagged under that genre (it's actually the tracks that contain tags by the way, not the album as a whole). This list can easily be viewed sorted by Artist, which gives you partially what you want, but there is no 'three-layer drill down' feature that provides a list of Artists which you then need to open in order to see their albums. That type of sorting would currently be best achieved using the Folders Hierarchy category - as long as your music is organised tidily on your storage of course. I've been suggesting for a long time that a user-customisable category system (where you can create your own multi-layer sorting and grouping modes) would be a really useful feature for Poweramp, and Max (@maxmp, the PA dev) has said that it is on his long-term radar, but I'm afraid I don't know when it might happen. Andre
  6. After having check the V3 it's still not possible to browse by Genre/Artist/Album . It would be great also to have another one by Genre/Composer/album.
  7. I use a program called TagScanner on my PC for editing tags and artwork in music files, and one of its side functions is that is has a very configurable (script-based) system for creating playlists. So if you scan your music collection - or part of it - into TagScanner, not only can you check all the embedded tags in a nice line-by-line layout, you can also multi-select songs and get it to create a playlist file for them (with relative paths based from wherever you create the playlist file if you want). There is a learning curve of course, but once you get the hang of it (and maybe tweak your own scripts) it's pretty simple. The above created a playlist file in the 'Playlists' subfolder of my main music artists folder as follows (the "..\" at the start of each line means to move up one folder layer before looking for the next part of the path): ..\Barclay James Harvest\1981 - Turn Of The Tide\05 - Echoes And Shadows - Barclay James Harvest.mp3 ..\Barclay James Harvest\1981 - Turn Of The Tide\09 - Life Is For Living - Barclay James Harvest.mp3 ..\Barclay James Harvest\1981 - Turn Of The Tide\10 - In Memory Of The Martyrs - Barclay James Harvest.mp3 ..\Barclay James Harvest\1982 - Berlin - A Concert for the People\01 - Berlin - Barclay James Harvest.mp3 ..\Barclay James Harvest\1982 - Berlin - A Concert for the People\08 - Child Of The Universe - Barclay James Harvest.mp3 ..\Barclay James Harvest\1982 - Berlin - A Concert for the People\09 - Hymn - Barclay James Harvest.mp3 ..\Barclay James Harvest\1983 - Ring Of Changes\08 - Paraiso dos Cavalos - Barclay James Harvest.mp3 ..\Barclay James Harvest\1983 - Ring Of Changes\09 - Ring of Changes - Barclay James Harvest.mp3 ..\Barclay James Harvest\1984 - Victims Of Circumstance\06 - Victims Of Circumstance - Barclay James Harvest.mp3 ..\Barclay James Harvest\1984 - Victims Of Circumstance\09 - I've Got A Feeling - Barclay James Harvest.mp3 Andre
  8. @maxmpI think there's a bug with the way Poweramp handles saving the eq presets per bluetooth device. Sometimes when i connect a device it shows the previous one and eq. and when switching the eq setting to the one i need then when the next song comes it switches back to the previous one again. sometimes if i turn on my headphones and back on then it will show up as the correct device. yesterday i had the speaker listed in there twice for the eq setting/device!!!! once was checked and the other was unchecked. I've been noticing these issues for the last few days. I hope there's a fix. either Poweramp is reading the wrong BT device or android is not consistent on what it's reporting.
  9. My latest release of the free skin completely replaces the previous one. It is actually the paid for version but with some options removed or options reduced. The colour palette is fully available though.
  10. Hi Andre; Thank you for the detailed explanation. This is very helpful. I'm going to make an attempt to emulate what you are doing on a Chromebook. Hopefully I can. I think I will see if I can create some scripts to create playlists. All I have is music at the moment so maybe it won't be complex at first. Thank you very much. - Jason
  11. Filesystem sorting will show files which are time/date stamped with recent dates, which may not be the case if the Last Modified info came over correctly with an older file (which should be the case with a decent file copying app). Using 'Date Added to Library' ought to show the most recent items added to the library (which I suspect would get cleared when you do a Full Rescan by the way, as all the files will show as having been added in the same scan, in whatever order the directory-crawler found them). What happens if you copy some random brand new audio file that has not been on your device before (manually in a file manager, not using a sync app) and let PA scan for it? Andre
  12. Yesterday
  13. i use the filesystem sorting but both don't show new music
  14. I used Poweramp with the same car and it worked well, until some update that messed things. Downgrading t build 828 was a workaround, but only for some time. It finally crashed and I was forced to update. Before requesting support, I tried a lot settings in the phone and in the app, none of them worked. I also contacted with the app support via email with all the details, and they gave me only the standard reply about re-installing the last build. I attached my question to this thread because it was similar to others. For instance, forlau's message describes exactly the same issue, but my car is Toyota instead BMW and my phone is another Redmi series. I don't think this is related to one specific car audio, but perhaps a integration issue with the latest MIUI versions. I'm really tired of this and now I'm using another app that works fine.
  15. hey! the volume is automatically reset to 9 , the volume always jumps back to 9 i use on car android system ( Poweramp v3 860), I'd love to buy, but I don't know what's wrong .
  16. Hello Mates, First of all, I really enjoy using Poweramp, it's a great app. Though since the big update I think one year or two years back, I have a few problems with the search option regarding playlists. Before I had a search bar at the top of the playlist. I picked a song and the app continued playing the playlist. Now the search bar has an own tab at the bottom. When I search I search the song among all songs that Poweramp has access to, but then plays it in the "playlist" of all songs. As an example: I have a party playlist and sometimes people (or I myself) wish to hear a specific song from the playlist. Now scrolling through a hundred songs everytime is a little bit "stressy", for when I search the song via the search bar, the song plays but the next song is a song from all the songs I have, except when I keep myself ready to click on a song in the playlist after the requested song is over. So what I would really like is a search bar in playlists again so I can search a song in the playlist that I'm currently using and staying in it. (or maybe there is an option but I didn't find it). Sincerely, Elias
  17. Have you using 'added to library' date, or the filesystem time/date stamp (in menu > List Options for that category)? Andre
  18. Nothing much to fix without a bit more description, what output type are you using for starters. Have you tried setting the audio output methods back to default (in Settings > Audio > Output)? Also worth clearing any EQ/preamp settings, and sound processing (reverb, etc) modes. Andre
  19. I transfer files mostly by downloading from Google Drive or from an FTP server on my PC. I tried out transferring with USB cable and it works, tags are read immediately after transfer and the music shows up in the library, however it doesn't show up in "Recently added" section.
  20. The songs are distorting during playback. Fix this please. I have the paid version, last build, on android 9, samsung Galaxy J4, Brazil. Thanks!
  21. In which case just turn off automatic scanning, and don't run PA until the file copying has been completed. However my reply was to another user, @loop , who said that renaming his files (to remove the extended character set content) solved the problem, but that this wasn't an ideal long-term solution. One of the complications of having several slightly different issues discussed in a single thread. Andre
  22. The problem isn't with the files, as full rescans will read them correctly. Problem is most likely that the first scan of the file is done while the file is still being copied and therefore the metadata isn't in place at the time of the scan.
  23. @maxmp Did you ever look into adding an option to remove the drop-shadow on the widget? Thanks
  24. In which case, please could you upload a few sample files (ones which fail to scan properly) so Max can maybe figure out a workaround for whatever character set you are using? I assume using the Tag Encoding setting in PA did not work in this case? Andre
  25. I tend to be fairly old-school and just copy new stuff over manually, as I don't want everything from my PC's 400GB+ music collection in my phone at one time. I use a local (LAN) wifi FTP service running on my phone, so I don't have to bother plugging a USB cable in, I just drag files/folders from the PC straight into the relevant window for the phone's matching folder structure. The exact folder structure is up to you. I have several top level folders for overarching categories (such Podcasts, TV Shows, Films, Radio, Music) and then subfolders inside those which are based on appropriate subjects such as podcast names, TV show names, film series or one-off titles, etc. In the Music folder there's an extra level of Artist folders, with any Album folders inside each one, plus a separate "(Songs)" folder for all the miscellaneous single tracks that don't easily fall into artist/album layering. Once created, I very rarely change a folder or filename structure though, I merely add new subfolders or files wherever they should be placed. I use playlists pretty sparingly to be honest (normally my folder structure ordering is sufficient for my listening tastes) but when I do create playlists they usually do span several folders. For example, inside my "TV Shows" folder I have a subfolder for "Doctor Who" which contains further subfolders for season's soundtrack CD. I don't often want to listen to every single track in order though, so I created a playlist with a couple of dozen of my favourites which I placed in the root of that overall "Doctor Who" folder. It uses relative paths to point to the track files, as per the following extract: Doctor Who Series 1/02 Westminster Bridge.mp3 Doctor Who Series 5/09 I Am the Doctor.mp3 Doctor Who Series 3/26 The Stowaway.mp3 Doctor Who Series 1/30 Love Don't Roam (performed By Neil Hannon).mp3 Doctor Who Series 1/15 Song For Ten (Performed By Neil Hannon).mp3 Doctor Who Series 3/08 My Angel put the Devil in Me.mp3 Doctor Who Series 5 (A Christmas Carol)/28 Abigail's Song (Silence Is All You Know).mp3 Doctor Who Series 5/33 Chances - Athelete (used in Vincent and the Doctor).mp3 Doctor Who Series 8/12 Don't Stop Me Now (feat. Foxes).mp3 Doctor Who Series 4/06 Songs of Captivity and Freedom.mp3 Doctor Who Series 4/26 Song of Freedom.mp3 Doctor Who Series 1/14 Rose's Theme.mp3 Doctor Who Series 4/02 A Noble Girl About Town.mp3 Doctor Who Series 5/13 Amy's Theme.mp3 Doctor Who Series 5/11 Amy in the Tardis.mp3 Doctor Who Series 6/01 Growing Up Fast.mp3 Doctor Who Series 6/35 The Majestic Tale (of a Madman in a Box).mp3 Doctor Who Series 3/01 All the Strange, Strange Creatures.mp3 It could just as easily be songs from my artist and album folders though. Andre
  1. Load more activity