Poweramp

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. andrewilley

Remember playback positions in tracks

Might be worth making this (another) option? "Attempt Accurate Seek (may consume extra battery)" for example? A lot of longer tracks are likely to be things like podcasts/etc where the user has no control over the encoding, and where seek accuracy can drift by several minutes (such as the fairly extreme example I gave before, http://traffic.libsyn.com/alohomora/Alohomora_Cursed_Child_NYC_Earth_One_and_Earth_Two.mp3 ) Andre
  3. andrewilley

Messed up audio lengths

It could be a Q issue then, if the files are not reading correctly for some reason? This would be one for @maxmp to look at though I suspect. Andre
  4. andrewilley

Song/Artist name not showing despite tags being correct.

PA does not need CUE files for properly tagged albums, so including them in the folder can cause the songs to be shown as their CUE-generated versions (which won't have the same metadata) instead of using the actual files with their parsed tags. Andre
  5. andrewilley

Resuming long track

Sending Max the file would eliminate that being the problem, but I think as you are seeing the same resume-position after reboot problem on small files too, that is probably not the issue here. Andre
  6. Today
  7. re:fi.64

Messed up audio lengths

Anything else I can add to try to find a solution? One thing maybe worth noting, I found the attached images in the logcat when I ran a scan, you can see the invalid file length there.
  8. trjtrkuyti7t

That actually worked! I don't know why, but it did. I have other albums which have cue files which are detected fine. Thanks!
  9. Hi, I had the same issue and I was able to fix mine, so there's a chance it might work for you. For your Cream album, check if there is a .cue file in the corresponding folder. If there is, delete it. Let me know if this works.
  10. Yesterday
  11. maxmp

Remember playback positions in tracks

Poweramp saves position when it's paused/stopped (normally). If there is sudden poweroff / app kill it's not possible to store position, unfortunately. Also, some tracks can't be seeked precisely due to (for example) VBR + missing seek table or broken seek table. Poweramp implements fast seek (that is, it can seek files fast and accurately provided seek table exists and correct, or files are CBR), as doing full file decoding just to accurately seek is not battery friendly (esp. for long files).
  12. trjtrkuyti7t

Thanks for responding. I sent you the email. For some reason long press and then send failed to show share sheet for the failing track (it was working for other files, I checked). I had to send it to you from file manager.
  13. maxmp

Resuming long track

Not all tracks can be seeked, can be seeked precisely, or can be seeked without eating your battery (without fully decoding to the seek position). Please (while in lists) long press that track / Send / Gmail / gpmaxmpz@gmail.com - send it me for tests. Thanks!
  14. (while in list) long press failing track / Send / Gmail / gpmaxmpz@gmail.com - please send it to me for tests. Most probably - broken/non-standard tags. Thanks!
  15. I have a couple of Cream albums for which Poweramp (v3, latest update, although the problem has existed for a long time) does not display the Track name or the artist name in the GUI even though the tags have all the correct info. I've tried reinstalling Poweramp, Rescanning folders, full rescan, removing/reinserting SD card. Didn't solve the issue. Kindly help. Thanks. Screenshots
  16. Badshah

Keep screen on when charging

I second that! I was about to start a new thread for this when I thought of searching if anyone had already requested this. It would be good to enhance the existing option within Look and Feel i.e. 'Keep Screen On' to select 'Only when charging' or 'When docked'. This will allow visualizations etc. to show. Thanks for taking note and including this in the next release.
  17. andrewilley

Resuming long track

Then your problem is probably nothing to do with the long tracks feature after all. It seems that when you shut your device down, the process is not allowing PA to save its state properly. Andre
  18. ultrarunner2019

Resuming long track

Nope. When I play a 'short' song (which is shorter than the minimum set for 'Track Duration for Per Track Progress'), play returns to 0:00 after a reboot. This is after hitting pause while playing, closing PA, and rebooting.
  19. Becko

Poweramp fonts issue

Thank you very much Andre for your support. Now everything is fine.
  20. Nightshade Ghostaltar

Yaps - Yet Another (free) Poweramp Skin

You're right, sorry for hijacking your post man! I'll shut up now lol
  21. andrewilley

Resuming long track

As I said, PA shouldn't need to specifically save long-track positions when exiting, as it should remember the position of the current track that was playing, regardless of length. What happens with a regular short track? If you let something play to half-way through and then reboot your phone, does it come back to that mid-point when PA is next restarted (it should). Andre
  22. andrewilley

Poweramp fonts issue

Looks like they are encoding as UTF-8 format text, but perhaps mis-flagged? Try forcing PA to use a different tagging format via Settings > Library > Scanner > Tag Encoding. Try forcing either of the Western options maybe? If that doesn't work, please upload a sample file which causes this problem for checking. Andre
  23. ultrarunner2019

Resuming long track

Yes. It will return to the 30:00 minute position after rebooting, rather than the later position. So I guess the feature to save track progress on long tracks applies only to changing to another track, and not rebooting the phone. Saving while rebooting is probably something that should be handled by Android. So, I will just have to remember to change to another track just prior to shutting down the phone if I want to return to the current position in the long track. Not a problem - just that I need to remember to do this. Another option would be to leave my phone powered on all the time, and just turn off the ringer. I tend to shut it down at night, as I sometimes receive unwanted calls at all hours of the night.
  24. johncaulfield

HOW TONTURN OFF VISUALIZATION???

In my case, because once I found a way to turn off a feature I never wanted and never deliberately enabled, I didn't memorize the non-obvious UI element that controlled it. When it was accidentally enabled again by a random touch on the icon, the visualization makes it hard to see the rest of the UI so I wasn't reminded of it. I'm completely with PatM on this point.
  25. Hello dear, I have a fonts issue. My artists and song names are in English but the player doesn't show them correctly. How could I resolve the problem?
  26. andrewilley

Resuming long track

27. andrewilley

Resuming long track

I can't see any reason for PA to store its new special 'long track saved position' while that track is still currently playing (or even paused), as that ought to be handled by PA's saving of the playback position of any currently playing track between sessions anyway. I think what seems toe be happening is that the current playback position is not being saved when you reboot your device, but if there was a previous long-track saved position then it would return to that as a 'new' track. Try playing to 30mins in, skip to another track (so it saves the 30:00 value) and then go back to the track, move to a different position in the song and reboot. See if it returns again to the 30:00 mark. Andre
  1. Load more activity