Poweramp doesnt skip songs or pause

hey Poweramp staff,

I installed and bought Poweramp a couple of days ago from your site to my Samsung Galaxy S3. There seems to be a problem with Poweramp playing my music (which is stored in an external 32gb sd card). I´m not quite sure what´s wrong but while i´m playing my playlist it will reach a song and if i try to pause it it won´t, and if i try to skip to the next one it wont either,the song will just keep on playing. None of the buttons seem to respond. even if i go to the playlist and click to the name of another song it will still keep playing the song that cant be paused. This doesnt happen with one song in particular, it can happen with any song and it happens randomly and frequently. I´ve even tried waiting for the song to finish playing by itself and when it finishes it still doesn´t do anything, the name of the song is still there but no music playing at all this time. nothing seems to respond in the app. Normally, after a few minutes this happens, my playlist recontinues playing as normal and goes on with the next song and i can skip it and pause it with no problems. But eventually the issue appears again. I´ve noticed that everytime the problem appears, the song timer (located in the lower left part of the screen) starts blinking. I don´t really know what is happening but it is really annoying. Also when this happens, neither the home screen or lock screen widget nor the buttons on the notification panel work. 

Please help me! i´ll be waiting your reply ASAP. Thanks.

Nope, still did not fix it. I´ve also noticed that this issue happens everytime i close and reopen the app. i´m playing my music normally and when for some reason i close Poweramp and open it again it happens, but it has also happened while i´m playing my music without closing or reopening the app

Sounds odd, you could try increasing the audio priority in Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks ?

Andre

it is like if the play/pause and previous/next buttons are working with a delay. i click pause and the song actually pauses a minute or two after i click pause

Sounds odd, you could try increasing the audio priority in Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks ?

Andre

UPDATE! if anyone is having this issue too, I figured how to solve it. I hope it helps other users and the forum moderators for the future.

The problem made my app suck, but it was really simple to solve it. My music was all organized into one folder containing about 6500 songs(28 gb of music). Apparently, Poweramp has problems opening folders with that huge amount of files and needs some time to buffer (same as it happens when you open a folder with 6500 songs on your computer, it kinda has to load). So what I did is that I organized my music into different folders. I decided to organize my music alphabetically (songs starting with letter A go on folder A, and so on) so inside my "music" folder i got 26 other folders containing my music. So now, for Poweramp it is much easier to open a folder containing 400 songs than to open a folder containing 6500. Now it works great!

Archived