Granting access to Poweramp to write to MicroSD card

rickowen

My Samsung Galaxy S5 just updated to lollipop. I would like to use Poweramp to update tags, but when I try it says it doesn't have permission (which I understand) and when I tap Get Support it tells me I need to select the MicroSD card in the access dialog and grant access to the app. When I tap Grant Access at the bottom of that message I am just returned to Poweramp and nothing has changed. What am I not getting?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm running Power amp, newly reinstalled, full version, on a Note 4 that has just upgraded to 5.0.1. In "Folders & Library" - "Music Folders" I've ticked /storage/extsdcard but it doesn't see any of the folders or data, which includes about 2000 tracks put there before KitKat closed off access. Google Play sees and plays them fine but no other app seems to be able to. Any idea what's going on??

• 2 weeks later...

hi i can fix this your device maybe kitkat and above and you cant delete or edit tags because ur externel sdcard dont provide permissions to external apps except myfiles in case of smasung i can make app to edit permissions of system and it can work but u need root without admin rights i cant do anything :)

• 2 weeks later...

There's a simple fix for lollipop external sd card issues if you haven't already tried it. Take the sd card out. Put it in your pc and give it a name. Call it your own name etc. Just name it.

• 4 weeks later...

Try to Delete a music file from within Poweramp, which should take you to the same Grant Access prompts and will hopefully sort out the write access for the SD card. You can cancel before the file is actually deleted, or if you want to complete the test just make sure you have another copy of the file somewhere else to replace it again.  This was suggested to me in another thread and it worked.

I tried this with KitKat 4.4.2. I named the card, and strangely it lets me delete the file but when I go to edit and grant access, nothing seems to happen. As others have said, KitKat users seem to be SOL regarding this feature.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys.  Galaxy S5,  Android 5.0, owner.  This is repairable.  Repairable at 65 mph as a matter of fact. But I accidentally did it and cannot tell you guys how,  since I cannot reproduce Grant Access error now.  Just play with the music/media  files and press "select" at bottom of screen. Sorry.  

On 3/25/2016 at 9:35 AM, andrewilley said:

I thought this was fixed on recent releases anyway? Is anyone still having problems with the Grant Access screen not working when you try to edit tags?

Andre

Hi Andre,

I cannot delete files from my SD card. I have an LG G3 on Android 5 with a 64gb Kingston Class 10 card. 

I have followed each step with no success. (-format in windows, labeled, delete file in Poweramp and selected grant access to SD card with no effect)

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance,

Schiller

Archived