Grant Access

Hello,

My device: Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 5.0

Poweramp: build-573

Fix: tag edit/track deletion on SD cards @ Lollipop (Poweramp will ask for write permission on SD card. Due to the bug in Android, this will fail for SD cards without label)

My problem: I want to edit my tag, I click on "Get Support" --> "Grant Access", but nothing open to choose my SD Card. Please help me.

When I use Root Explorer (I have no root) or QuickPic, it ask me at start for access and then it works fine.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, this part of Android is new and somewhat unpolished. To enable SD card you need to use menu in that dialog (three dots) then hit Enable SD card - this will show it in the left sidebar.

There is absolutely no way we can simplify this dialog from app side, unfortunately, and there is also a bug when unlabelled SD card just fails that dialog completely.

Thanks!

"To enable SD card you need to use menu in that dialog (three dots) then hit Enable SD card - this will show it in the left sidebar."

Can you make screenshots? I dont understand that. Sry^^. I know that there is no way to open this dialog from app side, but i dont get a dialog. Thanks.

I am also having this issue. I imagine this dialogue is meant to appear after hitting 'grant access', however nothing is happens when I press it. Here are some screw shots of what I see:

http://imgur.com/O9ZRoc5

http://imgur.com/NqY7enm

Pressing 'grant access' does nothing and takes me back to the player.

Cheers

Yeah, the exact same thing happens to me. Really need to know how to fix this, or will a future update be fixing this?

I've resolved the issue (for my phone at least).

I managed to get the 'Grant Access' dialogue to appear by deleting a file. Editing the Info/Tags of a file would not bring up this dialogue.

I'm using Poweramp 573 on a HTC One M8 with Android 5.0.1.

I managed to get the 'Grant Access' dialogue to appear by deleting a file. Editing the Info/Tags of a file would not bring up this dialogue.

For me this didnt work

Do you not see the Grant Access button at all on your Lollipop device, or do you see the button but pressing it does not take you to the selector screen?

Andre

I see all but after granted access Poweramp can't delete tracks

Do you not see the Grant Access button at all on your Lollipop device, or do you see the button but pressing it does not take you to the selector screen?

Andre

When I press grant access, it takes me right back to power amp. No dialogue opens up after

It works, great :).

• 3 weeks later...

OMG Thank you so much. I'm been trying to figure this out for a few hours and this worked. Thanks a lot.

Archived