Access to "Settings" Menu without menu button

Poweramp depends on system wide configuration settings here - there is a "flag" which informs apps if there is hardware menu button. If it exists, Poweramp doesn't show menu button (nor other ActionBar enabled apps, as well). This is true for all Samsung phones for example.

If flags informs that no button exists, Poweramp shows appropriate menu button on screen (three dots).

We have over 15 HTC devices in our test lab and menu button is OK on all of them (we test only on latest Stock ROMs, and on some CM versions - other custom ROMs is a different story). Unfortunately, we don't have Desire V exactly in test pool - though I wonder why it's affected.

I would suggest complete Poweramp reinstallation or at least, Clear Data in Applications for it - this will reset all to defaults.

As for other devices, obviously they have issue with this flag set correctly. We can add some workaround - detect such device directly as non-menu-button, but this requires this device in our test lab (or at least, their /system/build.prop file). If you can send us such file to poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com, we'll add the support for the device.

Thanks!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's indeed very unfortunate. I'm sure this was the best audio player on android, but if it's not configurable at all, there's nothing I can do with it. Right now it's very annoyingly starting to play every time I jack a headset in - and I can't turn that off.

Lol, this Setting DOES exist, you need to disable "Resume on Headset Connect" ....

Look for it in Settings--->Audio--->Resume on Headset Connect

We tried to reproduce menu issue on HTC One V @ stock Android 4.0.3 - no issues with Poweramp 508 build. Either ActionBar is disabled or enabled, Poweramp always shows menu (three dots) button, inside ActionBar (ActionBar mode) or inside "Playing Now" area for non-action bar mode.

We'll try to get Asus Padfone and test on it as well.

Note that we test only on stock (latest OTA if exists) ROMs.

Thanks!

Lol, this Setting DOES exist, you need to disable "Resume on Headset Connect" ....

Look for it in Settings--->Audio--->Resume on Headset Connect

I'll try to not become very angry at you right now... you're making a fool of yourself. The problem is that I cannot access the settings menu.

---

Maxmp, thank you for your explanation - this is something I can work with. I'll try and reinstall/clear data first. If that doesn't work - I'll send you the Build.prop file on that address - I've got my device rooted.

---

Edit: Excellent! I've got my controls back. I now know what happened. I used titanium backup to install most of my apps, including Poweramp. It still had the config settings that I used on my HTC HD2, which does have a hardware button.

So apparently the app detects the lack of a hardware button just fine; I just had the wrong settings installed with it.

I'll try to not become very angry at you right now... you're making a fool of yourself. The problem is that I cannot access the settings menu.

---

Maxmp, thank you for your explanation - this is something I can work with. I'll try and reinstall/clear data first. If that doesn't work - I'll send you the Build.prop file on that address - I've got my device rooted.

---

Edit: Excellent! I've got my controls back. I now know what happened. I used titanium backup to install most of my apps, including Poweramp. It still had the config settings that I used on my HTC HD2, which does have a hardware button.

So apparently the app detects the lack of a hardware button just fine; I just had the wrong settings installed with it.

We're very glad your issue got resolved and you're enjoying your experience with Poweramp again!

Archived