Language change

mike810106

Of course that's a nice idea :D

As far as I know, Poweramp currently displays changes it's language to match your system language and If your system language is different from what's supported in Poweramp it will display the default English..

As well in the settings you do have the option to force English no matter what your system language is set to.. But switching to anything else and within only Poweramp would be neat. I for one like to have my system language set to English but have had to switch it to Swedish once in a while for a few reasons...

Thanks for the request. Timmy is correct about matching the system language and Force English option in Poweramp settings => Look and Feel (UI options).

I can't imagine any use case which will require Poweramp to be switched to non system and non English locale (i.e. system language=Chinese, but Poweramp language=Korean??).

There are use cases when English is preferred, thus that option is there.

Thanks!

Thanks for the request. Timmy is correct about matching the system language and Force English option in Poweramp settings => Look and Feel (UI options).

I can't imagine any use case which will require Poweramp to be switched to non system and non English locale (i.e. system language=Chinese, but Poweramp language=Korean??).

Thanks!

Honestly I like to have my system language in English, but when I'm looking at my translation and such I always have to switch the entire system language to Swedish. Even if it's a minor thing, I suppose it's still one case.

I also suppose can be counted as one of those things most people doesn't bother about, yet can be nice to have occassoinally as it's a rather minor feature some people still would like. I suppose also it would be nice in the case of a device or ROM having a slightly weird way of handling the localization making Poweramp not recognizing the system language correctly.

It should be an option to change from list (like Firefox). Take a look for this problem: I have AT&T Moto Atrix and only these laguages are available: English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese

and Italian but i live in Poland and the only solution is to set locale (not language) using another app (like Locale select) but this causes some problems in several apps.

Maybe you think: when the all system is English so why I would to change language in other apps? It isn't disturb me there so why it would do it here? Because if exsist any possibility, i'd like to read in my own language. I think it's not a big problem for you, dear devs, to implement the language setting in your app.

Sorry, I've heard one issue in international -> japanese subforum (related language change mechanism).

When Poweramp service was restarted or device rebooted, "Force English UI" option doesn't work on first time.

This issue occurs in this enviroment.

Device: Sharp 003SH

Android Version:2.3.4

Poweramp Version: Ver2.0.5 Build 488

Could you solve this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Example: Poweramp has no Ukrainian translation (or its not working for me if it does), so it is running in english for me, and I would like to at least turn Russian language in it - but wait - i cant.

• 1 month later...

I've the same problem with sunatomo

While I've the "Force English UI" checked, the player menu staying in system language some times some reasons, like Poweramp service was restarted.

And the player screen menu=>> "Help" have the some problem when Poweramp service was restarted.

Device: sony erricsson X10i

Android Version:2.3.7

Custom Rom: FXP 111

Poweramp Version: Ver2.0.5 Build 488

Archived