PowerAMP v2.0 (Release)

maxmp

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ratings

Hey max, thanks ks for all the work. I actually emailed you long ago about the ratings back before Poweramp v2 as the ratings being added was all I needed. I saw that a few betas ago that the ratings were to be added in a future version (by that i mean the Poweramp ratings syncing with the file ratings) but so far mine still do now show the ratings from files and do not sync back I don't think. Is this just me (because I don't see anyone else talking about it anymore) or has this feature not been added yet?

Thanks!

-baba1472

Hi,

This starts to really ANNOY me to say the least... I mentioned some issues since Beta 1 and here we're talking about a release candidate, after 2 more betas and NONE of the mentioned issues where addressed !

- ScreenLock buttons not belonging to the right skin

- Blind rescan of the whole file collection on every reboot

These posts are here, here and here... Is the users support selective ?

I PAID for the app for its qualities but obviously, maxmp is TOTALLY ignoring my posts as NONE of them where answered in any way by him. Even better, when other people complain about the same issues (ie: collection rescan), maxmp replies! I don't know what but I must have done something really nasty to be that harshly ignored in all the posts.

What should I do then? Rant about the total lack of serious user support or finally get some audience and have these bugs fixed ?

WHY skipping,sizzling,crackling still happens a lot when music playing even though i set Poweramp into ignore list of my app killer..plus when press the power button or when screen light turn dark it gives out a pop or crack sound..how can i fix it..help me please..=(..

WHY skipping,sizzling,crackling still happens a lot when music playing even though i set Poweramp into ignore list of my app killer..plus when press the power button or when screen light turn dark it gives out a pop or crack sound..how can i fix it..help me please..=(..

What kind of phone? That sounds like badly shielded hardware!

timrock

As any other bug, it can be addressed only if it can be reproduced. At this moment I can't reproduce it on any of my test devices. How exactly do you have your album art for these folders? Embed images? Some jpegs? Embed images + jpegs?

Poweramp caches about 150 images in folder view. They shouldn't change at all, once loaded, on scroll - and they don't for all our available devices + setups. I will keep eye on this issue and if some other related use case appears which can be reproduced - it will be fixed.

Thanks!

i have a jpeg inside the folder. the jpeg is named according to the album.

xmqgtrxpaj

This can happen if Use Default Theme option is used OR if some external skin is used. Lock screen doesn't support external skins, but this will be added (I will open various parts of PowerAMP for skinning).

What ROM do you have on your SGS2? Have you modified the default filesystem? Rescan on reboot means that either filesystem doesn't support the last modified stamp for files, or does it improperly, or something modifies (touches) files. I have such reported cases for custom ROMs.

BT52

Few HTC high end phones has this functionality completely removed from the firmware. I'm planning to add support for the srs/dolby/beats effects on these phones (where supported), though.

Sung9393

You may get better results by adjusting Audio Engine => Advanced Tweaks => Audio Thread Priority and Audio Buffer Size.

(Official) Android devices differ as much as 100x in cpu performance (for some tasks), thus, due to the differences and Android devices fragmentation you may need to tune few parameters. PowerAMPis tested and tuned by default for large number of popular devices, but of course, not for all (it's like 1k models now)? Add various custom ROMs to the mix.

Crimper

Yes, this aspect of synchronization is not implemented as I'm still thinking about the best way of implementing it. It also related to system playlist sync which can be expected in PowerAMP v2.1

Ratings

Hey max, thanks ks for all the work. I actually emailed you long ago about the ratings back before Poweramp v2 as the ratings being added was all I needed. I saw that a few betas ago that the ratings were to be added in a future version (by that i mean the Poweramp ratings syncing with the file ratings) but so far mine still do now show the ratings from files and do not sync back I don't think. Is this just me (because I don't see anyone else talking about it anymore) or has this feature not been added yet?

Thanks!

-baba1472

You're not alone in wanting this feature. It is the main feature I am waiting for.

It appears the ratings are not stored in the songs tag info yet and stored on a local central database on the phone. Which to me is pointless as i sync songs based on their embedded ratings. So ratings from say media player are not read or modified by Poweramp. I think this was on the cards for v2.1 but no timeframe has been given.

Anyone with more knowledge or info please correct me if I am wrong.

All my MP3s have the right MP3 tags. And sorting by year works fine in the normal order. Just in reversed it often shows me a wrong order. Here are some example screens. But there are several other artist/albums where this bug appears. The media players on my PC also sort them the right way.

screenshot1320182860056.pngscreenshot1320182871595.png

screenshot1320182943695.pngscreenshot1320182975337.png

Re: ratings. Ratings sync into tag is planned feature for PowerAMP v2.1 (I will update TODO topic shortly).

Thanks for the screen shots. Can you please send me the whole "whatever people say" album (i.e. 13 songs from it) to poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com for tests?

I can guess one of the songs has no year tag set, resulting in whole album getting wrong year, but tests will show for sure.

Thanks for the screen shots. Can you please send me the whole "whatever people say" album (i.e. 13 songs from it) to Poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com for tests?
I could do it. But its about 70MB.

And as I sad, all songs have right tag:

unbenanntxqg.png

There are some other albums with correct tags doesn't working too. It seems to be a bug in the player. But let me know if I can help you.

Maybe some more people can test if they have problems with this sorting too.

Hey guys I was using Poweramp today and everything was working swimmingly as always. I got home and saw I had some 15 updates from Android (I have an HTC Thunderbolt) so I decided to update. Poweramp must have been one of those updates and from what I have gathered it looks like I switched from 1.4 to 2.0. I went and opened it up after it installed to readjust all my settings and to my displeasure I find a majority of my music gone. I open up the default music player on my phone and it's all there though... is Poweramp having trouble reading my folders? If I could get some help that would be great. Also, can I just downgrade back to 1.4?

At last I get a reply, thank you, waited long...

This can happen if Use Default Theme option is used OR if some external skin is used. Lock screen doesn't support external skins, but this will be added (I will open various parts of Poweramp for skinning).

"Use default theme" => NOT checked

"External skin" => "Poweramp Classic Skin" As this is a separate package, I don't know if its considered "external". Should I switch to the "jar" version of the skin ?

What ROM do you have on your SGS2? Have you modified the default filesystem? Rescan on reboot means that either filesystem doesn't support the last modified stamp for files, or does it improperly, or something modifies (touches) files. I have such reported cases for custom ROMs.

ROM : Samsung I9100XWKI8 Android 2.3.5 This is not the original factory ROM the SGS2 had when I opened the box but it's a Samsung ROM. The ROM is rooted but the rooting process uses the same kernel with the same options as the stock one, it just adds custom scripts, root access and SuperUser + CWManager packages.

My SDCard is mounted as follows but observation of mount options shows nothing unusual nor fancy enough to bring attention.

noatime is good performance wise and for flash cells life time. diratime is redundant as it's implied by noatime. Finally, allow_utime serves no special purpose as 1000 is UID for "system" and 1015 is GID for "sdcard_r" and no application is using this user nor belonging to this group so no timestamp can be modified by any application.

/dev/block/vold/179:11 on /mnt/sdcard type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,nodiratime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro,discard)

I don't blame Poweramp directly for the scanning, something is making it think the library contents changed. That's why I ask an option in prefs (enabled by default to mimic current behaviour) to prevent Poweramp service to scan the library at each boot. Seems not to be an unreachable goal to me.

Everything works fine to my exept one and very important, I was thinking that this bug will be fixed in the public release but like in the beta it continues happening, the problem is: when I lock the phone the music just stop, there is no way to hear the music and lock the phone if I use the headset buttons the music play for 1 second and stop.

My phone is an HTC Magic with Android 2.3.5.

Sorry for my bad english ^_^.

EDIT: I've tried again with the headset buttons afther a phone reboot and it works, is the only way to play the music with the phone locked.

I've been using power amp for over a year without issue but when I received the 2.0 update I lost my music from the library. I've adjusted and played with all of the settings under library options but to no a avail. I see the progress bar but it only reaches around 15% and then freezes and force closes. I've unistalled/re-installed and restarted my device and still no luck. I have a sony ericsson xperia play r800x stock rom.

Right, may be you can upload it temporarily somewhere.

Thanks!

maxmp,

how to enable the auto advance feature , what i want is , after the last song played , the Poweramp can move to music folder following with , it worked fine when with 1.4

G

MaxMP,

Thank you, thank you, thank you + a billion thanks. I'm running MIUI on Galaxy S II and the sound volume was very low and only manageable witing less than a half of the settings range; after 50% it just did not increase anymore. You fixed that! Plus, the balance adjustment is what I was so desperately waiting for!

My music currently sounds better than it ever did before on any device and any ROM.

I bow down to you in gratitude that's beyond any measure.

timrock

As any other bug, it can be addressed only if it can be reproduced. At this moment I can't reproduce it on any of my test devices. How exactly do you have your album art for these folders? Embed images? Some jpegs? Embed images + jpegs?

Poweramp caches about 150 images in folder view. They shouldn't change at all, once loaded, on scroll - and they don't for all our available devices + setups. I will keep eye on this issue and if some other related use case appears which can be reproduced - it will be fixed.

Thanks!

I can reproduce this bug (Motorola Flipout). In my case I didn't put any cover art myself, it all was downloaded by Poweramp (1.4). In some cases I manually selected the cover, but I didn't copy it myself. I just did a rescan of the library, but it didn't help. My guess is that for the library view Poweramp is just taking the first result from its automatic search. Does this make sense?

Apart from that, great job!

I can reproduce this bug (Motorola Flipout). In my case I didn't put any cover art myself, it all was downloaded by Poweramp (1.4). In some cases I manually selected the cover, but I didn't copy it myself. I just did a rescan of the library, but it didn't help. My guess is that for the library view Poweramp is just taking the first result from its automatic search. Does this make sense?

Apart from that, great job!

Playing a bit around it seems that this can be solved by going into "Settings > Album Art > Delete Album Art Cache" and then redownload the desired cover arts. Without deleting the cache downloading new covers didn't update the library view.

Archived