Custom Tag displays over song text area

haddy

Hi again,

r34Mc.jpg

As you can see the song text area within the player is laid out as in descending order, 'track title', 'album' and then 'folder directory'.

However I would like the ability to customize this display to display custom tags instead, just like how similarly in foobar2000 the display pane of tag fields can be user-customized; http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/ind ... opic=85639

You see, I want to be able to customize the display of the song text area in Poweramp. I know already that song info can be viewed in the 'info' screen but this is not what I mean. If Poweramp could have a 'Lyrics' feature then surely this feature idea should deserve the same attention too.

For example, If the ability existed, I could replace the text of 'folder directory' and in it's place choose a metadata tag to display instead and it would display (if it's in the file). So if the 'composer' tag was in the file of my mp3's and flac's and I set the 'composer' tag as a custom display tag, then I would want that text to display as "Composer: Blah Blah" without the quotes in that same song text area.

Same for any or all tags, they would display with the prefix of a colon ":"

Composer:

Publisher:

Copyright:

Encoded by:

Band:

...... And more.

Additionally there could be more text-animation which would better visually highlight to the user the use of these tags such as:

-standard auto-scrolling text (already exists)

-flash-appear in/out

-slow blinking

-text scrolls in, stops, scrolls out again

• 3 years later...

Archived