Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, wormant1 said:

Vivo X21a

Android 8.1 stock

Beta 790 CAN use hi-res output for wired headset/aux

Beta 792 & 793 CANNOT

Beta 793 here. On Wired Headset/AUX, music plays through my phone's speakers on hi-res output.

Asus Zenfone Max 3 ZC553KL

Stock Android 8.1

On 8/12/2018 at 1:40 PM, invaderzim said:

Beta 793 here. On Wired Headset/AUX, music plays through my phone's speakers on hi-res output.

Asus Zenfone Max 3 ZC553KL

Stock Android 8.1

happened in all betas for me too, only rebooting phone fix it, and it's annoying to have to do that

Sony Xperia XZ (F8331)

Android 8.0

EDIT: if I disable DVC I don't need to reboot the phone, but it sounds horribly without it, if I want DVC enabled I still need to reboot the phone to make the sound go through the headphones

the sound through speakers instead of headphones happens time after stop listening, not sure exaxctly when, just know that when I want to hear music again this crappy bug happens

@invaderzim maybe you want to try that, I hate no DVC, but disabling it definitely "fix" it

@maxmp @andrewilley @clever_man

5 minutes ago, bigbluetruck said:

I can't see the option to search in thread. Does Galaxy S6 support hi res output?

Your device is capable, so if you don't see "Hi-Res Output" or "OpenSL ES HD Output" under Settings>Audio>Output make the request for it.

7 minutes ago, bigbluetruck said:

Does this mean I already have it?

Screenshot_20180813-021648.thumb.jpg.2a32f87080fc91ba50066ade7de29a6d.jpg

I think so, that's the one I'm using, people in this thread seems to be requesting OpenSL ES HD Output, I'm not sure if it's different, but @maxmp said one is not superior or inferior to the other, and they both do the same thing. 

I can tell you that I see "HI-RES OUTPUT 24-BIT 192 KHZ" when I play music, and long tapping it shows that is resampling if the audio is lower quality :)

tap on it and select Wired Headset/AUX inside it to enable it :)

6 minutes ago, Mr_SeLeNiO said:

I think so, that's the one I'm using, people in this thread seems to be requesting OpenSL ES HD Output, I'm not sure if it's different, but @maxmp said one is not superior or inferior to the other, and they both do the same thing. 

I can tell you that I see "HI-RES OUTPUT 24-BIT 192 KHZ" when I play music, and long tapping it shows that is resampling if the audio is lower quality :)

tap on it and select Wired Headset/AUX inside it to enable it :)

Thanks! :)

Please. Add Hi-res Support for my Motorola Moto Maxx XT1225 (Quark). I'm running a Custom Oreo 8.1.0 currently, but since the nougat Poweramp does not recognize anymore 24/32bit & 96khz/192khz, only 16bit & 48khz. Other players recognize.

Google Pixel XL (marlin)

Android 9.0.0_r1

I'm pretty sure max said something about the DAC supporting Hi-Res but it isn't exposed in system.

This commit from Google shows otherwise:

https://android.googlesource.com/device/google/marlin/+/1299d9ec706b48221e82de8a6b994773ff87090c

Here's the present day audio_policy.conf:

https://android.googlesource.com/device/google/marlin/+/android-9.0.0_r1/audio_output_policy.conf

OnePlus 2 (Snapdragon 810)

Android 8.1 / LineageOS 15

Build 793

On Android 6 Hi-Res worked perfectly. 

Error:

Output failed=NativePlugin[187893664] uniq_name=com.maxmpz.audioplayer/output.athd id=5 flags=80000003 name=Hi-Res Output
java.lang.Exception
    at com.maxmpz.audioplayer.player.PlayerService$9.run(":1681)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)

audio_config.zip

Hi-Res is no longer working over bluetooth.

Previously worked in versions <791.

1. HTC U11

2. Stock-based custom ROM (Leedroid 8.0)

3. Snapdragon 835, LDAC bluetooth codec enabled via Sony wireless headphones.

Tried again after a clean install of Poweramp 793 (full version, playstore)

Any tipps?

Cheers

17 hours ago, Gerolf Vent said:

OnePlus 2 (Snapdragon 810)

Android 8.1 / LineageOS 15

Build 793

On Android 6 Hi-Res worked perfectly. 

Error:

Output failed=NativePlugin[187893664] uniq_name=com.maxmpz.audioplayer/output.athd id=5 flags=80000003 name=Hi-Res Output
java.lang.Exception
    at com.maxmpz.audioplayer.player.PlayerService$9.run(":1681)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)

audio_config.zip

Same problem here. 

1. OnePlus 5T

2. Oxygen OS 5.1.4 (Android 8.1) - this is the current release of stock ROM

3. Hi-Res 24/192 output works after phone reboots. However sometimes if playback is stopped and resumed, or headphone is unplugged and plugged back in, sometimes sound plays through phone speaker instead of headphones. Poweramp detected headphone is plugged in, and in settings says it is playing through headphone using 24/192 direct HD, but sound is coming out of speaker. Rebooting phone solves the issue. Problem is random and doesn't happen every time playback is stopped/resumed or headphone is unplugged/plugged but when it does happen, playback through headphone cannot happen again unless phone is rebooted.

Build 793