• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MajorTomOO

Sorting options separately set to folders/playlists

2 posts in this topic

I have been using Poweramp for years now. In all this time the only feature that is not there yet to make this app perfect is a possibility to set separate sorting option for every folder separately. I would be very grateful if anyone would add this feature, or explain how it's done. 

Keep up the good work Poweramp team! 

No, you can't change the song sorting order independently for each folder, there is a global setting for how Folders are sorted, and then another one for how files within those folders are sorted. So you can't have some sets of songs sorted alphabetically and some by track number for example.

I would suggest setting the song sort order to 'By Filename', and then preface some filenames with the track number when you want an album sorted in a specific order.

Andre