• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Brandon W

Unknown artists bug?

5 posts in this topic

Hey,

Recently updated to the alpha build and have noticed that some of my songs have lost their  artist tags which were there previously in 588 and my default music player. Might be an issue with tag reading because for some of the songs it still recognises album name. If you know of a solution or i am missing something please let me know.

Could you upload a few samples for testing, probably just something a little non-standard in the tag which is getting missed.

Andre

I too am having issues with tags. I use wmp on my pc...running windows 10 and Poweramp v 2.0210-build-588-uni (full version)

In WMP I see all the tagging and album info is correct but in PA I have dozens of albums that are dumped into a single unknown artist folder. 

Adding some detail...now that I am looking a bit deeper...looks like a very arbitrary thing. When looking at songs...there is a huge folder (~>450 songs) in an "Unknown" folder. When looking at "Albums" there is an album titled "Unknown album". What I find very odd is that double disc rip (Elvis Costello) has disc #2 appearing as expected in the directorys...songs and albums, however disc#1 is one of the unknowns, dumped into this huge unknown folder?

Thanks in advance

Don

Sounds like the same issue, tags are not being read properly for some reason. With one of these 'unknown album' tracks, what do you see in Menu > Info/Tags ?

Andre

Hi,

I am on alpha build 703-play (full version).

Also having Unknown artist bug.  All of my albums are showing up as by Unknown artist.

The individual tracks inside the albums have the correct artists name, it's just when viewing 'Albums' or'Artists'>'Albums'

Screenshot_20170917-131529.png