Poweramp and EMUI 5.0 / Nougat on Huawei P9

dubsmachine

Seems that Poweramp music controls on lock screen do not work in EMUI 5.0 / Android 7.0 currently on Huawei P9 beta test.

I am not talking about the Poweramp lock screen that goes on top of the normal lock screen, just the standard playing controls and album art that show up when music is playing.
I have set Poweramp as my default music player but it doesn't work despite the fact that all worked and I didn't change anything from before to after installing beta.

Other music apps such as Google Music and Huawei built in music app show on lock screen without changing any settings but Poweramp does not and I have tried every option possible.

Maybe Poweramp need to do something for it to work with Nougat?

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2016 at 10:40 AM, dubsmachine said:

Seems that Poweramp music controls on lock screen do not work in EMUI 5.0 / Android 7.0 currently on Huawei P9 beta test.

I am not talking about the Poweramp lock screen that goes on top of the normal lock screen, just the standard playing controls and album art that show up when music is playing.
I have set Poweramp as my default music player but it doesn't work despite the fact that all worked and I didn't change anything from before to after installing beta.

Other music apps such as Google Music and Huawei built in music app show on lock screen without changing any settings but Poweramp does not and I have tried every option possible.

Maybe Poweramp need to do something for it to work with Nougat?

fixed! noticed as of today.
I'm a Huawei Mate 9 owner myself, but UI is pretty much the same (EMUI 5.0 / Nougat 7.0). if your're still having issues, try going through Poweramp and phone settings once again.

here's a current lock screen preview:

sdwprEx.png

Archived