App Crash (FC) when trying to search

First of all, I'm from Spain and I don't speak English perfectly, so feel free to correct my spelling.

I just updated my phone to Android 7.1, and Poweramp keeps crashing when I try to search something. The rest of the functions are working well.

I tried to use the stable version that it's in the Play Store, and the alpha ones (703,704), and it all keeps crashing.

I love this app, and I hope it to work again on my phone soon. Thanks in advance!

BTW, I've sent the crash report:

New Trace collected :
=====================
Poweramp Error Report, collected on: Fri Nov 18 00:07:05 GMT+01:00 2016

==============

=========================
Version: alpha-build-704-uni full version 
Unlocker: 2-build-26
Store: Play
Skin: 7f10016d
Device: samsung GT-I9506 MSM8974 ks01ltexx ks01ltexx armeabi-v7a armeabi
Installer: com.android.packageinstaller (7.1)
Android: 7.1 NDE63X es_ES ART
Fingerprint: samsung/ks01ltexx/ks01lte:5.0.1/LRX22C/I9506XXUDOF2:user/release-keys

Thread: 2311 thumb handler
Stack : 
======= 
java.lang.IllegalStateException: newPosition should be in the window at this point
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.onMove(SQLiteCursor.java:133)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.onMoveWithBoundsCheck(SQLiteCursor.java:158)
at android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToPosition(AbstractCursor.java:218)
at android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToNext(AbstractCursor.java:312)

at im.ll1l(":107)
at io.handleMessage(":71)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
****  End of current Report ***
New Trace collected :
=====================

Poweramp Error Report, collected on: Fri Nov 18 00:07:13 GMT+01:00 2016

==============

=========================
Version: alpha-build-704-uni full version 
Unlocker: 2-build-26
Store: Play
Skin: 7f10016d
Device: samsung GT-I9506 MSM8974 ks01ltexx ks01ltexx armeabi-v7a armeabi
Installer: com.android.packageinstaller (7.1)
Android: 7.1 NDE63X es_ES ART
Fingerprint: samsung/ks01ltexx/ks01lte:5.0.1/LRX22C/I9506XXUDOF2:user/release-keys

Thread: 2324 thumb handler
Stack : 
======= 
java.lang.IllegalStateException: newPosition should be in the window at this point
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.onMove(SQLiteCursor.java:133)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.onMoveWithBoundsCheck(SQLiteCursor.java:158)
at android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToPosition(AbstractCursor.java:218)
at android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToNext(AbstractCursor.java:312)

at im.ll1l(":107)
at io.handleMessage(":71)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
****  End of current Report ***

On 20/11/2016 at 4:54 PM, g1zm02k said:

I had the same problem (exact same crash results too), and I'm sorry to say it but they're in no rush to fix this. Time to find a new music player :(

Que? On Android 7.1? Which is only out officially on a couple of Google phones?

If it's 7.1 then it's obviously a custom ROM as the S4 stopped updates before 6.0 - which is why there'll be no fix for this - no support for custom ROMs*. Strange thing is, according to the fingerprint, the OS version is 5.0.1, so I wonder if they just dumped the main components for the 7.1 ROM on top of the 5.0.1 and it's causing the crash (similar to my 6.0.1)...

Either way, I doubt there'll be a fix unless there's a sudden horde of people with the same issue.
___
*Which is fair enough, I have no complaints about this ;)

If it's a general 7.1 issue then I'm sure it will be fixed (although probably via the v3 builds rather than v2, I don't think Max wants to be actively working on two forks if he can help it). If it's pretty specific to certain custom ROMs then the chances are somewhat lower.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have the exact same issue (and stack exception). Reproduced on a custom CM14.1 rom for Nexus 6, and another AOSP 7.1 based rom. I didn't check with the stock 7.0 image. 

It happens every time you want to browse the collection, via folder or artiste/album. 

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to get hold of Max today, and he says he will take a look at it. If it's a general issue preventing the app from running on Nougat (rather than affecting some specific ROMs only) he will try to implement a fix for version 2.x. Otherwise he doesn't want to spend too much time working the old version of the app as that will take him away from development tasks which would delay the next beta release of v3 even longer.

Andre

Archived