Pixel Phones

Yabz

I hear you Andre. Like I said, I would have liked a solution, but as it stands I just hope you guys aren't killed as Nougat starts rolling out in the "real world", or if/when Pixel becomes as popular as everything else about it makes likely.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOT IT !

(no, not really, but I have a clue):

Look at the attached. Starting at the Music folder, with no references to higher/root/fake root/whatever in the file structure, the attached now has ONE SONG in it (which is better than zero, eh?).

That's the good news. The bad news is that with or without the <hard return></blank line> between each entry (initially it was without, so I tried with), it's reading ONE song, not twenty-five.

Also (and we can see this as good news OR bad): whether I keep the Windows-generated "\" backslash characters, or replace them with the Android "/" forward-slash, the results are the same.

OK, so the REALLY good news is that "Pixel isn't compatible with M3U files" is at most only PARTIALLY true ... same for Nougat; formatted precisely it will read the first entry. But how do you suppose we get it to move on to later entries? (and why would backslash work since it isn't "correct" in this OS )?

Recent 25.m3u

I agree with Andre that it is unlikely that m3u is incompatible. Poweramp simply reads a text file (your m3u) and does not really care about the version of the os.

It is a long shot but I have opened the file and notice there is a CR/LF at the end.  Try and remove these so that the last characters  are \04 I Wanna Get Better.mp3

Not a surprise pre-this-phone, Andre; it always "just worked" for me too. Remember the issue is this whole "is it Nougat or is it Pixel?" question; one of them is/may be incompatible with the idea of files like M3Us with lists/pointers; if the security schema has changed that wouldn't REALLY be a surprise, right?

But the fact that it is reading the first entry (and then stopping) suggests that SOMETHING is right about the first entry and then wrong with the rest of the way they are formatted. Like I said; good news/bad news. This is unbelievable.

UNLESS there's really something in Nougat or Pixel that makes it incompatible. This latest "one line works" thing calls even that into question, but not conclusively. I find the inconsistency to be the most troubling part.

• 2 months later...

Just a thought, but have you tried using DOS line ends (CR/LF) and Unix ones (LF-only) in a test M3U file and see if that makes a difference?

There is unlikely to be a fix in the v2 builds of Poweramp now anyway (unless Google fix whatever they've done to cause it), but hopefully it can be addressed in the forthcoming v3 release (have you tried the alpha test of v3 by the way?)

Andre

Archived