Note 7 - very low volume and quality output

Xpl0iter

I have note 7. I used to run this app on note 4 with great sound quality, headset or not. It used to high sound.

However since note 7, it just sounds horrible. I used Aux output and I had to increase volume to a very high output and sound started cracking by the time it became decently audible.

I have used mx player, and that app has Audio output higher than Poweramp at the moment. 

I have tested this with both my phone speakers and Aux cable in my car. 

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Did you try turning DVC on or off before moving to the alpha-test release?

Andre

I am going to uninstall Poweramp entirely and redownload it. Let me look for dvc option to turn off first as you suggested. 

Thank you

Edit 1: I have reinstalled my regular build of Poweramp from my backups. As far as regular phone speakers go, they had no impact with either on or off. I ran a song St full volume. I think quality may be a little low of these speakers in general. I will do an edit 2 after a test in my car with Aux cable. 

I have the same problem in both my note 7's,Poweramp was great on note 4,would be loud enough with volume indicator at low position,now it's nearly at full volume level,have tried all the settings,i can get it louder but then it's all distorted,this is through speakers and wired headset.

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here. No audio problems on my Note 3, now experiencing extremely low audio volume on Note 7. My max volume used to be one setting below the "Listening at high volume" warning, but I can barely hear anything on the 7 at that level.

Additionally, bluetooth streaming is choppy (cuts in/out constantly). I do not have these issues using other audio players. I have reinstalled, gone over settings, and am now trying the beta with no change.

On an unrelated note, did anyone manage to successfully transfer their song ratings database to their new phone without breaking the ratings?

TheoKlink's Playlist Manager app can transfer ratings I believe, but otherwise a new install will not keep ratings or cover art from the old setup (although you can export the other user settings and your playlists and re-import them to the new device). If you are rooted, you could use something like Titanium Backup to do the whole job though.

Andre

• 4 weeks later...

I forwarded this issue to Max (the Poweramp dev) and his response was:

unfortunately, the Samsung S7 issue is related to their audio engine which is not "the stock"  one and doesn't support v2 DVC. The only solution is Alpha v3 (which enables direct audio via Hi-Res output, it's enabled by default for S7 in Alpha).

Andre

Archived