• Announcements

    • andrewilley

      Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

      As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Kirk Boragine

HTC 10 with BoomSound

16 posts in this topic

Just wanna say Poweramp Alpha build 703 is working nicely on the HTC 10.

Settings...

1. OpenSL ES output with headphones

2. Using DVC

3. Using BoomSound with Dolby Audio as well as Personal audio profile. 

I use a slight EQ in Poweramp. Good job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine fails to play after a few songs or if I switch music apps for comparison, or just for reasons I can't identify. Error message that pops up says: "Failed to play — Output failed: Poweramp Hi-Res Exp Output"

Also, I noticed the option under Settings> Audio> Output> Hi-Res Output (Experimental) says that it's using the Snapdragon 24-bit PCM when HTC explicitly stated that they have their own proprietary DAC installed. Is Poweramp just detecting that DAC as such or is it somehow accessing that chip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine does the same thing on Hi-Res Output. As far as the DAC in the HTC 10, I read somewhere that they used discreet circuitry on the Snapdragon processor as apposed to integrated. 

Try the output settings I'm using. Sounds very rich. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all that info. I can't seem to get it working, even with your settings. It crashes a lot on my end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01.08.2016. at 5:08 AM, Kirk Boragine said:

As far as I know, HTC 10 24 bit dac is even a bit better than 32 bit dac http://www.androidauthority.com/why-you-dont-want-that-32-bit-dac-667621/

I hope maxmp and Poweramp developers make the Poweramp v3.0 fully working on HTC 10, it would be a shame if the Hi-Res Output continues to crash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2016 at 8:59 PM, TDMou5e said:

Thanks for all that info. I can't seem to get it working, even with your settings. It crashes a lot on my end.

I've adjusted my settings a bit. Try these...

HTC 10 settings

1. Turn on Dolby headphone effects first (this is important to do before setting up a personal audio profile). I use "other as my headphone device (VSD1S earbuds)

2. Setup Personal audio profile. Use the "listen to frequencies" option

 

Poweramp Audio settings

1. Resampler, type SoX

2. Output, OpenSL ES, check No DVC, check No Headroom Gain

3. Advanced Tweaks, uncheck Direct Volume Control, uncheck Smooth Equalizer Presets

Adjust EQ and other preferences to taste. This combination (so far) has achieved the nicest sound and stability for my HTC 10. 

 

Edit: This does not include using Hi-Res Output (experimental). That crashes for me as well. The settings I posted are just ones that work to deliver the nicest sound for me on the HTC 10 so far.

Edited by Kirk Boragine
Added content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2016 at 5:48 AM, Filip777 said:

As far as I know, HTC 10 24 bit dac is even a bit better than 32 bit dac http://www.androidauthority.com/why-you-dont-want-that-32-bit-dac-667621/

I hope maxmp and Poweramp developers make the Poweramp v3.0 fully working on HTC 10, it would be a shame if the Hi-Res Output continues to crash

Hi-Res Output will be nice, agreed. Combined with sane battery life. What I'd like even more is the ability to define EQ frequencies. I have a spike in my headphones around 7.6k. I need to pull that down some. The closest Poweramp gets is 8k :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain this to me.

When using the Hi-Res output, I noticed that when I click "Info", I have 1687ms latency with the output with any earphones plugged in. Picture : http://imgur.com/a/3HrAz

That is way too high because Xperia Z5 and OnePlus 3 have 280ms latency over the same output (as seen in the List of Android Devices with Hi-Res Audio Support (Internal DAC) topic). 

 

Can someone please check his HTC 10 and see if he gets the same latency with Hi-Res output in Poweramp v3 ?

 

///also, I noticed the the Hi-Res output works okay for me, crashes only when I pause a song and play it again immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens if I just play music through Poweramp without changing the settings?

Seems to sound the same tbh :-/ Maybe I'm not a good enough audiophile.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, verycoolalan said:

What happens if I just play music through Poweramp without changing the settings?

Seems to sound the same tbh :-/ Maybe I'm not a good enough audiophile.......

nothing happens. 

You will get better sound if you enable Hi-Res output, even with mp3 songs. The funny thing is, there is big latency when a wired headset/earphones is connected. Like, when I change the preset in the equalizer, it needs around 3,2 seconds to change to that new preset. Same thing for changing the volume, changing the bass tune etc. Also the seconds do not match in the "Now playing" progress bar, like there is a delay. The other 2 outputs do not have these problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I have the same settings as Kirk but I have DVC enabled as it has more volume which is great. 

High Res Output is not loud and I hear no difference in quality. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2016 at 0:50 PM, Kirk Boragine said:

I've adjusted my settings a bit. Try these...

HTC 10 settings

1. Turn on Dolby headphone effects first (this is important to do before setting up a personal audio profile). I use "other as my headphone device (VSD1S earbuds)

2. Setup Personal audio profile. Use the "listen to frequencies" option

 

Poweramp Audio settings

1. Resampler, type SoX

2. Output, OpenSL ES, check No DVC, check No Headroom Gain

3. Advanced Tweaks, uncheck Direct Volume Control, uncheck Smooth Equalizer Presets

Adjust EQ and other preferences to taste. This combination (so far) has achieved the nicest sound and stability for my HTC 10. 

 

Edit: This does not include using Hi-Res Output (experimental). That crashes for me as well. The settings I posted are just ones that work to deliver the nicest sound for me on the HTC 10 so far.

Tried things settings and THANK YOU so very much.  Sound is clearer and detailed!

 

Also, when will "Volume Levels (Experimental)" be supported.  I think jumping from 47% volume to 53% is too much.  Need smaller increments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got the Android 7.0 update on my Sprint version of the HTC 10 and I lost the Hi-Res Output option :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dumahim said:

got the Android 7.0 update on my Sprint version of the HTC 10 and I lost the Hi-Res Output option :(

According to Max, it should work if you disable Beats first. See also the post above yours in case that helps.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, andrewilley said:

According to Max, it should work if you disable Beats first. See also the post above yours in case that helps.

Andre

Always had it disabled.  I wasn't aware I only had build 703 and 704 was a manual install.  Updating to 704 brought it back, thankfully.  Shame the high res audio fails more often though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now