[Temporary Solved] iSyncr playlists with Poweramp and an OTG-USB

Elboim

Hello everyone. Today I bought a SanDisk Ultra Dual USB-OTG Drive 3.0 64GB (exFAT), and used iSyncr to sync my iTunes 30GB (more than 6,300 tracks) music library onto it. Next, I plugged it inside my unrooted Nexus 5 with the latest Android updates, and started searching for a music player that could read the playlists from there. The first choice was Rocket Player - which is iSyncr's suggested player. It can read the music ranking (stars) and all other details that I created using iTunes if the files are synced onto the internal hard drive, but of course it can't read from a USB-OTG.

I started trying random music players, and they all failed. Even the latest version of Poweramp couldn't do it.

After searching the web for people with a similar problem, I found out that the latest alpha build of Poweramp should be able to do it! I installed Poweramp-alpha-build-703-uni.apk 703/704 build, and when I looked into which folders to tell it to read, an option popped up to "grant permission" for Poweramp to read my USB! After a full scan, the music files play perfectly (although I need to rescan the drive everytime I remove and reinsert it)! But for some reason it can't read the playlists. It SEES the playlists, but all of them have tags underneath that says: "not loaded yet". When I open one of them, it's empty - with 0 tracks in it.

So I went on and tried to sync a playlist onto my Nexus 5 internal hard drive - and this time Poweramp could read and play the playlists just fine! At first I thought it was related to the .plb file extension that iSyncr uses to update its playlists, but the problem occurs only when Poweramp tries to read the playlists from an OTG-USB. I looked through the .m3u files on my PC using Notepad, and everything looks fine. Winamp plays them from the USB while it's connected to my PC with no problem.

tl;dr Poweramp sees playlists created by iSyncr as empty - but only on the USB-OTG. If the playlists are on the Nexus 5 internal hard drive it reads them fine.

In the meantime, I play my music based on Genres using that Poweramp alpha version, but of course I want to play my playlists (and hopefully see all other iTunes information that iSyncr creates, like track rankings). Did someone run into such a problem? Do you have any solution or something that I could try and didn't?

Thank you.

EDIT:

OK! I did the following and found a temporary solution:

I left all the synced files on the USB, but transferred the .m3u files only onto the internal hard drive of the Nexus 5, to another folder named syncr.

I told Poweramp to grab files from both syncr folders, in the USB and on the Nexus 5, and for some reason now it works! It uses the the .m3u files on the internal hard drive to find the music files on the USB, which shouldn't work at all, but for some reason it does.

So basically I now do the following everytime I want to sync my iTunes:

1. Sync the USB with iSyncr.

2. Copy the .m3u files from the USB syncr folder onto a hard drive syncr folder on my mobile.

3. Tell Poweramp to scan music in both folders.

I still need to rescan the folders every time I insert the USB though. I hope this procedure will get easier in the future.

Archived