App use when locked

Hi. First of all I'd like to thank the developers for their groundbreaking work. With the superior sound from the latest Sony Hi-Res support and audio engine on Alpha-3 I've only just swapped from Sony's music app with it's High-Res capability. I'm happy with the features PA provides coming from the Sony Music app with playlists, queuing, folders, etc.

However one capability in particular I'm missing from Sony's app is the ability to add the current playing song to a playlist while the phone is still locked. I used this for creating genre playlist favourites from various sources while on the go. Note that this isn't the same as Poweramp's Lock Screen function setting. It's using a mod to allow an app to be shown and used over the lockscreen. This is the mod: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-app-settings-v1-9-2014-05-14-t2437377 This version is required Lollipop and after: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=63835421&postcount=2040 The mod is also preferable that it does not force the overlay on screen waking but keeps the current foreground state or lockscreen (can still access the app thru shortcut). 

So it mostly works. The issue is the "Add to Playlist, Info/Tags, Lyrics, Album Art" screens display differently and won't show over the lockscreen. Whilst settings, folders, and all other screens still work. The only workaround at the moment is to star rate a track and later when unlocked use that list to add tracks to playlists individually. Therefore the feature request is for the "Add to Playlist, Info/Tags, Lyrics, Album Art" screens or just "Add to Playlist" screen in particular to display the same as the rest of the app so that a Show when Locked mod can function.

TL/DR: Feature request is simply for the "Add to Playlist" screen to display the same way as the rest of the app to allow a mod for lockscreen access to work with it.

• 1 year later...

Archived