Scrolling crash

The app crashes when i scroll trough the folder browser if there are folders in the current list.. it does not happen allways. The library works fine.

I tried removing some folders, adding new (to check if some corrupted) with the same result, random crashes while scrolling.

I submitted the Poweramp crash log after the crash to your email. As i checked your log and the device log it seems like a thumb handler error.."java.lang.IllegalStateException: newPosition should be in the window at this point"

attaching the catlog dump.

Thanks!

INFO:
Version: latest stable + latest alpha (same result)
Device: Oneplus Two
Android: 6.0.1
ROM: Exodus latest nightly

p.s. i also submitted the bug form.

crash_log.txt

Just to check, are all of your song files regular A-Z, 0-9, alphanumeric names, or are any using non-English character sets? Just in case it makes a difference, as there were some issues reported a while back with thumb scrolling and mixed-format filenames.

Andre

yes, all characters are OK, i even "repaired/cleaned" ID3 tags with an app.

EDIT:

forgot to mention that the same "music set" worked flawlessly on my other phone with Poweramp... (just copied the folders to my new phone..)

• 2 months later...

As much crash info that you can submit would be useful, but I suspect that as it seems to be a very rare issue it may not get tackled other than via the v3 builds (have you tried the alpha-test version of v3 to see if it happens there too?).

Andre

Yes, it occurs in v2 and v3 exactly the same.  I sent a Android crash report and a Poweramp email crash report. 

On further investigation, it seems like the crash happenes whenever it tries to display a certain album art picture.  The All Songs and Artists views work fine. If I go into the Albums or Folders view, it crashes sometimes: If I stay in the top third of the list, it never crashes.  Before the album pictures load, in that fraction of a second I can scroll wherever I want.  If I scroll all the way down to the bottom in this time, and stay there, it never crashes.  However, if I am viewing the middle third of folders when the pictures load, it crashes.

I'm going to try removing parts of my music to see if that fixes it.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem.
I'm on Android 7.1.2 (i think that my 5.1.1 version this problem did not exist, but i'm not pretty sure).
I put one folder with one mp3 file in it to my extsdcard.
At the moment i tab on "Folder" the app crashes.
If i delete these mp3 file, and refresh the folder list in the settings, there is no problem.

There are still some *.mp4 files and pictures on this sdcard.

The mp4 files are recognized correctly and no crash happens.

As soon as i put back the mp3 file (i deleted all id3 tags except the titel name, that is only alphanumeric and the file name, that is also alphanumeric) the app crashes by recognizing the mp3 file.

Edit:

I teste some things.

If there are 2 folders, one with only mp3 and the other with an mp4 file, the app crashes.

If i put one mp3 file into the folder where the mp4 file is stored, the app does not crash.

Tested this scenario in different ways. It's always the same. If there are splited folders with mp3 and others with mp4, the app crashes.

Does this happen with all MP3 files, or just some specific ones?

Please also try the alpha-test release of Poweramp v3 (available from the Downloads tab at the top of the page) and see if you experience the same issues. It uses a completely rebuilt audio engine.

Andre

• 3 months later...
On 9/3/2017 at 2:38 PM, andrewilley said:

Does this happen with all MP3 files, or just some specific ones?

Please also try the alpha-test release of Poweramp v3 (available from the Downloads tab at the top of the page) and see if you experience the same issues. It uses a completely rebuilt audio engine.

Andre

Same issue in alpha 3 build as well and it is not a rare issue. I am sorry to say that the best music player is slowly dying. No bugs are fixed ever. 

Archived