Android Auto Support! Mod please respond!

It's been said before but it's not mentioned on the build priority list although there are TONS of requests for it. I would GLADLY buy an addon app to add Android Auto support... Google Play SUCKS and Poweramp is the BEST player out there! Please +1 for Android Auto, from what I have read, integration is meant to be easy (relatively speaking) and thousands of cars are rolling out with Android Auto now

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second this. I have already purchased a license to Poweramp and now with my new 2016 vehicle, Poweramp is completely useless to me because I can only connect via android auto (I can also use bluetooth but music stutters like a badly scratched cd). I will gladly purchase another Poweramp license for my wifes phone when this happens because we can no longer enjoy music from our phones while we drive and it's the most frustrating 1st world problem I have had in quite a while. Please just get BASIC android auto support working. Worry about the other bells and whistles later. Developers please respond to this request as it seems us android auto users are being ignored.

Hello everybody.  New person here.

I would love/need android auto support. Just bought a receiver with android auto, and would like to use with this app.

Google play is horrendous. My biggest complaint is the lack being browse through your own files.

Using Poweramp with Bluetooth is not possible with android auto since it locks your phone. 

• 4 weeks later...

I third/fourth/whatever this.  I just bought a Pioneer to replace the Android Tablet that had been in my car for the specific reason that it had Android Auto.  Google Play REALLY sucks.  I would be very happy to pay for a mod or pay extra or whatever to get this functionality.

Made an account just for this.

Pleaee please add Android Auto support. 

It's the definitive best music player for Android. It has been my player since always. Does what it does excellently, UI is great, effects are simple and good and work perfectly with viper4android. So I had to install an alternative when I realized Poweramp wasn't compatible with Android auto and it SUCKS. Please, I second the request. Please look into adding Android auto support. In exchange, I'd be completely fine with supporting development by buying android auto compatibility as an add-on for Poweramp. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, +1 for this request.  I am running an aftermarket head unit that supports android auto.  Current music app offerings suck and Poweramp would be a killer app for this.  I would gladly pay extra for this plug-in.

Note on BT streaming, if you care about any kind of audio quality, forget about bluetooth.  BT compresses the stream which you can hear if you have a decent sound setup,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I support this also. Don't even have Android Auto in my cars or truck, but wife does. Lets face it this shouldn't need a request for any app that is not dying off. This is an app very useful for car entertainment and this is the latest step in that, so make it happen.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I too joined up to the forum to request this, so please consider me as another person requesting an Android Auto compatible skin or UI for Poweramp

On 16/11/2016 at 7:59 PM, davejl said:

Another +1 here.  I will reluctantly move to MDplayer if this is not supported and Poweramp risks losing user's now that Android Auto is taking off.  Please give some sort of update on plans to add or not add this support.

I tried MDplayer - reluctantly - and it cannot read files on my SD card so that's a non-starter.

On 27/04/2016 at 0:39 AM, andrewilley said:

Bluetooth should work fine for Poweramp to play via any regular bluetooth car head units. I use it all the time, as do a lot of people. have you tried adjusting the Bluetooth output options?

Andre

Unfortunately I found that the Bluetooth gets taken over by Android Auto so unless you can fix that, Poweramp stops working when Android Auto starts up.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Andre. Do you know if Max is working on making Poweramp work in Android Auto? I think that is the main question. 

For those who don't know, Android Auto currently requires both a USB and bluetooth connection. Music and GPS / Google Maps is handled through USB. Phone calls, messages, etc are through bluetooth. We cannot use Poweramp in an Android Auto environment using bluetooth due to this. There are future plans by Google to make AA work wirelessly, but that will require a car that supports wifi. Many do not, especially older ones. My car is a 2013 Kia Optima, and I narrowly missed getting an AA car stereo, as I think it's the 2014 or 2015 onwards that have it built in. Either way, I bought an aftermarket stereo and now have AA. But I really miss using Poweramp. Google Play Music is lacking the outstanding features that make Poweramp a wonderful music experience. I've tried MDPlayer, as I read it would allow me to browse my music library, something Google Play Music only can do by voice, yet MDPlayer only lets you browser by folders (albums only). Ugh. 

The ONLY thing that Max is working on at the moment is the complete overhaul of the local user interface for Poweramp v3, no other specific feature additions at all. Once that is done and out for testing (hopefully this month) there will be a period to fix any issues, followed by an official release of v3. Only once that is done will he have time to start looking at other feature requests, and I think DLNA/Chromecast output is first on the list, but sometimes these things change. I've heard nothing specific from him about Android Auto I'm afraid.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andre,

does Max read this forum from time to time? Or have you already told him about the many many desperate wishes for Android Auto support?

Would it be possible to add Android Auto to the FeatureRequest list?

Thank you (and Max!) for your great work so far.

BYe Thomas

Archived